Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Confirmed: Ranieri new manager

WOW This has to be a record even for us within 24hrs we are talking about sacking him when the season has not even kicked off.

I supported Nige when most of you wanted him gone but he is now gone.

It has nothing to do with the new man Nige has gone for his own reasons.

So why are people being down on the new man FFS he has not even seen his office yet let alone managed us for a game.

Some of you really do need to grow up FFS

WOW This has to be a record even for us within 24hrs we are talking about sacking him when the season has not even kicked off.

So why are people being down on the new man FFS he has not even seen his office yet let alone managed us for a game.

lol

Don't hold back Welly. Say it how you see it son.

Just cos he's Italian, no need to post in italics pal. I had to tilt my head to read that.

Guest ttfn

I don't know why everyone is rabbiting on about his time as Greece manager, nobody has mentioned it that much and I am more worried about his club level management anyway. He was OK at Chelsea, Parma, Roma and Monaco the rest of the clubs he was poor. As many have said he doesn't seem to have the same style as NP which would have made the transition much smoother, which is why, many feel he isn't the right man for the job. Every neutral fan I've spoken to thinks this appointment is poor (even comical) and it's hard to disagree.

"Ok" at Parma and Roma does him an enormous dis-service. He not only saved Parma from a perilous position but had them finish 12th and then nearly achieved a miracle at Roma, missing out on the title by 2 points to a dominant Inter side. It's the equivalent of a new manager taking over Liverpool today and getting them to within 2 points of the title - it would be an incredible achievement.

You've also glossed over the fact that he got both Monaco and Juve into the Champions League at the first time of asking. Saying he was "ok" at Juve would be quite harsh so describing his tenure as "poor" is absolutely ridiculous.

"Ok" at Parma and Roma does him an enormous dis-service. He not only saved Parma from a perilous position but had them finish 12th and then nearly achieved a miracle at Roma, missing out on the title by 2 points to a dominant Inter side. It's the equivalent of a new manager taking over Liverpool today and getting them to within 2 points of the title - it would be an incredible achievement.

You've also glossed over the fact that he got both Monaco and Juve into the Champions League at the first time of asking. Saying he was "ok" at Juve would be quite harsh so describing his tenure as "poor" is absolutely ridiculous.

Juve were pretty much the best team in Italy when he took over they got relegated due to match fixing they still had a great team with the likes of Buffon, Del Piero etc.

He's got a top agent I'll give him that the teams he succeeded in were massive favourites to do well before he took over and already on the 'up' I.e. Chelsea loads of dollar, Juve in Serie B, Monaco loads of money. Parma is probably the only exception. I'm not saying he's a terrible manager I just don't think he will be a good fit for LCFC

Guest ttfn

Juve were pretty much the best team in Italy when he took over they got relegated due to match fixing they still had a great team with the likes of Buffon, Del Piero etc.

He's got a top agent I'll give him that the teams he succeeded in were massive favourites to do well before he took over and already on the 'up' I.e. Chelsea loads of dollar, Juve in Serie B, Monaco loads of money. Parma is probably the only exception. I'm not saying he's a terrible manager I just don't think he will be a good fit for LCFC

Juve weren't the best team in Italy by any stretch. Their team had been decimated after relegation. Del Piero was 33 for goodness' sake, it's not like he had Neuer in goal and Ronaldo up front. I dare say that had they been the best team in Italy they wouldn't have had to resort to match fixing.

Also he didn't manage Juve in Serie B.

If you're going to be quite so anti-Ranieri you could at least have a go at coming up with some sensible reasons why - things like knowing what job you're criticising him for are probably areas you might want to start with.

Countesthorpe Fox, my mother would be better than Pearson. To bring Huth in was obvious, Albrighton should have been in the starting line up for yonks before Pearson picked him, and just like Pearson did, I would have got Cambiasso to run the show over the last dozen or so games, which is what happened.

Pretty stupid statement,what you know about good managers can obviously be written on the back of a postage stamp.

Inter easily had surpassed them by that point. He did very well to get them back into the champions league as thereafter he left they revolved around 7th and europa league until Conte came.  Chelsea were not on the up when he arrived, he managed to achieve champions league football there under tight financial constraints, the spending only happen in his last year there with Roman coming in. Despite his position being constantly undermined and Roman flirting with Sven he still managed to finish second only to the invincibles and achieve a champions league semi final. He very much laid the spine of that team of which Mourinho would use and his successors in their domestic successes. 

Guest MattP

Without going through the why was he sacked debate again, it's obvious that the change in direction wasn't planned rather forced upon them. This appointment has been made with the best of intentions whether it works out or not.

It's their decision whatever the intentions and they will be judged by it, same way all owners should be. They have probably put themselves in a bit of a situation where they are there to be shot at now given the excuse for the dismissal was so impertinent.

I wouldn't bank on Pearson keeping his mouth shut either, we might learn something sooner than people think.

It's their decision whatever the intentions and they will be judged by it, same way all owners should be. They have probably put themselves in a bit of a situation where they are there to be shot at now given the excuse for the dismissal was so impertinent.

I wouldn't bank on Pearson keeping his mouth shut either, we might learn something sooner than people think.

Hopefully.

If he takes legal action, whether it's a public or private hearing the story will come out and i've got a hunch it'll be damning against the owners.

As i've said no press conference announcing Ranieri seems fishy to me, avoiding the media and any awkward questions.

Hopefully.

If he takes legal action, whether it's a public or private hearing the story will come out and i've got a hunch it'll be damning against the owners.

As i've said no press conference announcing Ranieri seems fishy to me, avoiding the media and any awkward questions.

he's in Austria ffs

he's in Austria ffs

The owners flew him out yesterday.

Could they have not scheduled a press conference yesterday morning/mid-day, flew out in the afternoon? Even flew out this morning.

Like I said maybe i'm just a cyncial fucker, but in my eyes the theory is feasible.

we could have a face mask of his younger self made and ask him to wear it during matches and press conferences.

I also think we need to replace his dugout chair with a wicker one

doh I quoted the wrong post - Baggers is ill today!!!

I'd like to take that wicker chair, and shove it up your ****. He's fecking younger than me you ****!

The owners flew him out yesterday.

Could they have not scheduled a press conference yesterday morning/mid-day, flew out in the afternoon? Even flew out this morning.

Like I said maybe i'm just a cyncial fucker, but in my eyes the theory is feasible.

Press conference is next Monday.

Probably thought it was more important to meet the players rather than fanny about with a press conference.

Fair enough then, we will see. Wonder if the owners will be questioned, hopefully, i'd like love to know their views.

If they've not said anything yet they're not going to now. Someone is going to have to get Birchy pissed up and pump him for the story.

Firstly he cannot be that bad if he won the European championship. Bad Managers just don't do that. But the game has moved on a bit. There's a new bread of Coach and Manager coming through at the minute. If he's smart enough to get himself one of these then he can be very successful. Pearson for all his ability totally misread the premiership last season. That's what got us into trouble. He was also lucky that we had a handy run in to save us.

Claudio will have to hit the ground running otherwise he and the board will get plenty of stick.

Archived