Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Confirmed: Ranieri new manager

The comparisons to Sven are ludicrous to be honest, Ranieri at club level hasn't shown any signs that he's off the rails yet. Sven was beyond over the hill when we picked him up and we were basically his last chance to redeem himself since he lost the England job. Ranieri would have easily found employment at a higher tier club, maybe not in England mind, dwelling on 4 games as Greece manager for a man with 30 years of experience is beyond moronic.

For the purposes of digging this post up when it all goes tits up I want it on record that I think this is a car crash waiting to happen.

More than happy to be proved wrong, obvs.

For the purposes of digging this post up when it all goes tits up I want it on record that I think this is a car crash waiting to happen.

More than happy to be proved wrong, obvs.

It doesn't count if you include that in! That is what is known as arse covering! Be a man lol

So do we all, but unfortunately this is like reading the board when we appointed Sousa and Sven, anyone who disagreed was called an idiot and we were soon "going to see how wrong they were" given the pedigree of the managers we had appointed compared to boring old steady Nigel.

I hope he does get it right, we need him too, history teaches me to be very cautious though.

That is very true Matt. I remember it like yesterday. For months, any criticism of Svennis was jumped upon from a great height.

Until everybody saw the light that is.

That said, Ranieri isn't Sven. He needs to be judged on his own merits and, most particularly, not by comparison to Pearson. Though I'm fully expecting that to happen and quickly if we don't start well.

Countesthorpe Fox, my mother would be better than Pearson. To bring Huth in was obvious, Albrighton should have been in the starting line up for yonks before Pearson picked him, and just like Pearson did, I would have got Cambiasso to run the show over the last dozen or so games, which is what happened.

lol very funny post lol

Your like the original anti-Pearsonite :unsure:lol

That is very true Matt. I remember it like yesterday. For months, any criticism of Svennis was jumped upon from a great height.

Until everybody saw the light that is.

That said, Ranieri isn't Sven. He needs to be judged on his own merits and, most particularly, not by comparison to Pearson. Though I'm fully expecting that to happen and quickly if we don't start well.

Whichever way you look at it, this is a poor appointment.

Top's claim that we have got one of the world's 'elite' manager's is laughable. This isn't 2004. What we have got is a nice guy who will better promote the image of King Power around the World.

He's 10 years too old and has no experience of managing a club like ours. Lennon or Dyche would have been much better appointments who could have continued the work Pearson had started and could have grown with us.

Yes, he's very different to Sven in that he won't try and bleed the club dry, however, it's the same mistake by the owners : That is, appointing a Manager who has had his day. I mean, for fvck's sake someone has already had to bring the old boy a chair:

2A7FE48C00000578-3159776-image-a-104_143

What this appointment will highlight is how well the infrastructure at the club operates.

Sven and Sousa arrived to a club without a scouting system, a backroom team to speak of and a patchwork squad. Ranieri is inherrting a squad which can survive, as well as departments that all modern clubs should have, if he can manage all those elements he has a chance.

Let's be realistic, he's not Pearson so some are going to look for any opportunity to slag him off. I'm not going to be calling for his head until at least January.

The comparisons to Sven are ludicrous to be honest, Ranieri at club level hasn't shown any signs that he's off the rails yet. Sven was beyond over the hill when we picked him up and we were basically his last chance to redeem himself since he lost the England job. Ranieri would have easily found employment at a higher tier club, maybe not in England mind, dwelling on 4 games as Greece manager for a man with 30 years of experience is beyond moronic.

I don't know why everyone is rabbiting on about his time as Greece manager, nobody has mentioned it that much and I am more worried about his club level management anyway. He was OK at Chelsea, Parma, Roma and Monaco the rest of the clubs he was poor. As many have said he doesn't seem to have the same style as NP which would have made the transition much smoother, which is why, many feel he isn't the right man for the job. Every neutral fan I've spoken to thinks this appointment is poor (even comical) and it's hard to disagree.

Ranieri has the misfortune of joining a team on the 'up'. He is replacing a man who has resurected a morribund club. A man who many would agree was 'unfairly' let go. A man who has brought nothing but incremental success every year. We 'knew' where we were going with Pearson, we trusted him implicitly with the big things like recruitment and results, we accepted (if not understood) his foibles. We've exchanged a dour, determined and dilligent man with a 'character' manager. A manager much maligned by the British press for his continental approach to the game at a time when continental breakfasts were viewed with suspiscion, let alone managers. He left the British game as an affable buffoon, he's toured Europe securing high profile jobs but always viewed as a chancer, a Leslie Neilsen type figure, and he returns not on the up, not trusted and not feeling like one of us, not seeming to mirror our endeavour on the pitch and with a great deal to do to win us all over. I hope he will but fear he can't.

Let's be realistic, he's not Pearson so some are going to look for any opportunity to slag him off. I'm not going to be calling for his head until at least January.

I don't think that calling him 'old' is slagging him off. I'm slagging off the owners.

Claudio_Ranieri_1973.jpg

Guest MattP

He should be given a whole season, that's what all managers should get as a bare minimum in my opinion.

Although whatever happens I almost certainly won't slate the manager for the situation unless he is making mistakes so obvious a child would rectify them, if anything does go wrong it will all be directed at the people who made the decision to take this different direction.

Only on foxestalk could someone say a man who has one years top flight experience and has managed Carlisle United, Southampton, Hull and leicester is a country mile better than the former Napoli, fiorentina, Valencia, atletico Madrid, Chelsea, parma, juventus, roma, inter Milan and Monaco manager!

He should be given a whole season, that's what all managers should get as a bare minimum in my opinion.

Although whatever happens I almost certainly won't slate the manager for the situation unless he is making mistakes so obvious a child would rectify them, if anything does go wrong it will all be directed at the people who made the decision to take this different direction.

Without going through the why was he sacked debate again, it's obvious that the change in direction wasn't planned rather forced upon them. This appointment has been made with the best of intentions whether it works out or not.

I don't know why everyone is rabbiting on about his time as Greece manager, nobody has mentioned it that much and I am more worried about his club level management anyway. He was OK at Chelsea, Parma, Roma and Monaco the rest of the clubs he was poor. As many have said he doesn't seem to have the same style as NP which would have made the transition much smoother, which is why, many feel he isn't the right man for the job. Every neutral fan I've spoken to thinks this appointment is poor (even comical) and it's hard to disagree.

Your assessment of how he's done with his clubs is utter bollocks, only clubs that could be constituted as poor are probably Atletico but they were cash strapped at the time, potentially Inter but the damage was already done before he arrived. That's really it. Neutral fans would probably think Dyche would've been a good appointment, proves nothing at all.

Archived