Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Confirmed: Ranieri new manager

question - who has the better cv, Sven or NP? question - who did better for LCFC, Sven or NP?

Poor logic. If Sven had kept his job whos to say whether he wouldnt have achieved the same things as Pearson? Quite simply nobody knows. Pearson was in the job a lot longer and also had some woeful streaks.

It didnt work with Sven. So why does it automatically mean it wont work with Ranieri? Give the bloke a chance ffs.

The fact you have branded Ranieri as a failure before he has even begun is quite sad.

Dont get me wrong im not delighted with the appointment but he is certainly alot better than some of the tripe linked with the job.

Lets just get behind Ranieri from the start rather than him having to win us over first. We need to create a good positive atmosphere at the KP to replicate our end of season form. That wont happen if people (from the sounds of it) are going to be calling for Ranieri to be sacked after one defeat.

Why is Ranieri any more likely to fail than someone like Pearson such as Neil Lennon? Our fans seem to think history always repeats itself. We had a disaster with Sven and therefore Ranieri is going to be just as bad because he's a manager whose managed big teams? There is little correlation. I think history shows that established managers such as Ranieri are more likely to do well in the PL than inexperienced managers. We aren't in the Championship anymore.

People have seen the likes of Swansea and Saints thrive though continuity behind the scenes, in their style of play etc. Of which mostly comes with the manager they carefully choose to keep that continuity, someone who knows they fit into the clubs framework, not people who come in and rip up the framework and start again.

People are concerned that that he might not fit that sort of brief, in fact people are worried that's not the brief the club went with at all. We seem to have gone to default setting of a big name again. On the surface so far, that looks like what we've done. Only with time will we see how much of the clubs current infrastructure remains intact, if it does... then I'm sure people will feel more at ease

I wouldn't say Lennon myself, but people perhaps feel there are managers that would have suited our current framework (that most seem happy with), better than Ranieri would have.

Poor logic. If Sven had kept his job whos to say whether he wouldnt have achieved the same things as Pearson? Quite simply nobody knows. Pearson was in the job a lot longer and also had some woeful streaks.

It didnt work with Sven. So why does it automatically mean it wont work with Ranieri? Give the bloke a chance ffs.

The fact you have branded Ranieri as a failure before he has even begun is quite sad.

Dont get me wrong im not delighted with the appointment but he is certainly alot better than some of the tripe linked with the job.

Lets just get behind Ranieri from the start rather than him having to win us over first. We need to create a good positive atmosphere at the KP to replicate our end of season form. That wont happen if people (from the sounds of it) are going to be calling for Ranieri to be sacked after one defeat.

pretty much anyone with common sense.

ive got to be honest and say this is a terrible appointment.

We will finish 20th.

Pearson was, by an absolute country mile, better than this guy.

Wow

Another Pearsonite lol

Yes I do mean that tongue in cheek

ive got to be honest and say this is a terrible appointment.

We will finish 20th.

Pearson was, by an absolute country mile, better than this guy.

Wow

Another Pearsonite lol

Yes I do mean that tongue in cheek

We could have still finished 20th under Pearson next season, people talk as though we were guaranteed to survive under him. At the end of the day we will never know what would have happened, we just have to hope ranieri manages to do a decent job.

We could have still finished 20th under Pearson next season, people talk as though we were guaranteed to survive under him. At the end of the day we will never know what would have happened, we just have to hope ranieri manages to do a decent job.

we could have a face mask of his younger self made and ask him to wear it during matches and press conferences.

I also think we need to replace his dugout chair with a wicker one

doh I quoted the wrong post - Baggers is ill today!!!

People have seen the likes of Swansea and Saints thrive though continuity behind the scenes, in their style of play etc. Of which mostly comes with the manager they carefully choose to keep that continuity, someone who knows they fit into the clubs framework, not people who come in and rip up the framework and start again.

People are concerned that that he might not fit that sort of brief, in fact people are worried that's not the brief the club went with at all. We seem to have gone to default setting of a big name again. On the surface so far, that looks like what we've done. Only with time will we see how much of the clubs current infrastructure remains intact, if it does... then I'm sure people will feel more at ease

I wouldn't say Lennon myself, but people perhaps feel there are managers that would have suited our current framework (that most seem happy with), better than Ranieri would have.

Fair point, if that is the reason City fans are against this appointment but I suspect most wouldn't even entertain that notion. It's a very valid point and Ranieri does appear to be completely different to Pearson in style. That could be a worry but perhaps his methods are what's needed to consolidate and move forward. We very nearly blew the chance of being in the top tier last season and although I bought in to Pearson's plans I'm not of the opinion we need a like for like replacement.

We do need a manager experienced in improving teams and understanding the size of the task with the resources available. If it sees us rebuild the squad we have then so be it. There's a nucleus of decent players here but there's also players in this squad that aren't good enough long term and a manager with no previous relationship with these players could see us replace them quicker than we would under Pearson. Might help us get to where we want to be sooner, the owners are hugely ambitious.

I'm not ecstatic with his appointment but I'm also aware of what's he's done at top level and it stands up against most. He's a history of improving teams even if he only stays in a job for a few seasons. If he turns us in to an established PL team then he'll be a success.

try again

we could have a face mask of his younger self made and ask him to wear it during matches and press conferences.

I also think we need to replace his dugout chair with a wicker one

I think he looks pretty good for his age - he'll need to book himself in down the local tanny shop though

So do we all, but unfortunately this is like reading the board when we appointed Sousa and Sven, anyone who disagreed was called an idiot and we were soon "going to see how wrong they were" given the pedigree of the managers we had appointed compared to boring old steady Nigel.

I hope he does get it right, we need him too, history teaches me to be very cautious though.

True, but Sven and Ranieri aren't really comparable - Sven when he arrived had spent the best part of a decade in international management with only spells at Man City and Notts County (one season each) since Lazio in 2000. Ranieri has been around the top end of divisions for the best part of a decade, only leaving to guide Parma up through the leagues. The Sven comparisons are quite harsh, they'd be more suited if we'd appointed Goose Hoodwink or similar.

Countesthorpe Fox, my mother would be better than Pearson. To bring Huth in was obvious, Albrighton should have been in the starting line up for yonks before Pearson picked him, and just like Pearson did, I would have got Cambiasso to run the show over the last dozen or so games, which is what happened.

I remeber Sousa,never had a clue what he was on about!

I remember his radio Leicester appearance when he first joined, I couldn't understand a single word. It seemed doomed to fail.

Ranieri speaks English, Italian and passable french as well.

Countesthorpe Fox, my mother would be better than Pearson. To bring Huth in was obvious, Albrighton should have been in the starting line up for yonks before Pearson picked him, and just like Pearson did, I would have got Cambiasso to run the show over the last dozen or so games, which is what happened.

I asked her last night and she disagreed.

If Huth was an obvious signing, care to produce your post recommending we sign him from before he was signed?

You should have applied for the manager's job imo.

lol

Guest MattP

Ranieri Out. Steppe In.

Sven's job was to take us up, all Ranieri has to do is keep us in this division. With the squad we have and the money he's likely to get I reckon he's capable.

I think the owners have higher ambitions than just keeping us up.

Archived