Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

John rudkin

No one can argue that the speed "deals" are progressed are painstakingly slow. There's a reason to this.

Again, I'm not saying they should be concluded within days but somewhere somehow it gets released and very often players do not want to play for us. I can't understand it. Yes, I do not see the ins and outs but there's a problem somewhere.

Watford/Palace even Bournemouth are on par with us in terms of stature but seem to progress things far quicker than we do. Watford's business this summer has been swift. I wouldn't say its the best way to do things - but they've set out a plan and proceeded.

The last time we have a good window whereby a players been linked, we've made a bid, agreed a fee and subsequently agreed terms with little or no fuss is Pearson's first full season back. I believe Andrew Neville was heading things up then regarding transfers - seems to be a respected negotiator.

The opportunity to invest in the right people at board level is equally important as investing in the right people on the playing staff. Nothing against Rudkin but the facts and the reality just do not add up. When he was appointed the club came out and said something along the lines of "he has some experience and dealt with SOME contracts at youth level."

I just think at times the club is being used as a learning ground for inexperienced people. In the championship fine. However, the premier league is a vicious environment behind closed doors - get the structure right and the rest will fall into place.

We have just gone through a manager change.  This clearly has changed the length and possibly the process itself of roster management.  The new manager has  to assess for himself what he thinks of the current roster and then plan with the DoF what he needs and wants in the roster.  It would be foolish for Ranieri to just buy the players that NP or management was looking at.  I is his team now and he will be judged on what his team does.  So it is fair for him to do as I said a review of what he has inherited and then decide who needs to go and then who needs to come in. He will need time to do that.

No one can argue that the speed "deals" are progressed are painstakingly slow. There's a reason to this.

Pearson himself said last summer was difficult for several reasons. One being a new premier league team and two being the fact we had so many players out of contract, the club had a lot of work on its hands just with them. He was expecting things to be swifter this summer and we tied up Fuchs, Okazaki and even Huth really in decent time.

It's impossible to tell what the change in change in manager has done to bugger up any other ongoing negotiations, or how long it takes him and his new team to decide what / who they want.

There have been more than enough issues this summer to give anyone the benefit of doubt. Especially when we have zero information to go from, other than a few soccerdads on here probably upset he bombed out the or their precious child for not being good enough.

I'm increasingly concerned about the apparent halt to our recruitment and keep coming back to the fact that the sacked Pearson was a much respected "football man" who'd "been there and done it" as an honour-winning player and manager.

He also seemed extremely popular with his playing staff, some of whom positively enthused about his "inspirational qualities and man management".

My perception was that many more players seemed anxious to sign for Leicester City than wanted to get away and that people far and wide were beginning to talk positively about the club and its prospects.  

Then, suddenly Pearson loses his job and someone with no first class footballing pedigree gets mentioned as playing a part in what happened having not long previously taken the reins as Director of Football.  

It should be emphasised that comment has also been made that our Director of Football had "nothing at all to do with Pearson's departure", and I have no more idea than other fans about the truth of the matter, one way or another. 

But if the perception exists in the minds of football people - and Cambiasso doesn't seem to have given any concrete reasons for his decision not to sign for all that it seems strange that the club and others seemed fairly confident that he would - I do now wonder if it's possible that we're becoming victims of what might loosely, or more firmly, be called either a boycott or just the proverbial cold shoulder from the subjects of a few wayward internet rumour stories.

How nice it would be therefore if Rudkin came out and said unequivocably that he had nothing to do with Pearson's departure and, indeed, that he deeply regretted it and wished only that the unity within the club might be restored. 

Or if the owners came out in defence of Rudkin by assuring people that he was not, in any way, a factor in the decision process and that the entire responsiblity rested with them.

Because to me it seems hard to fathom why, from being able to complete the signing of three players so seemingly smoothly - with Cambiasso supposedly certain to follow suit - we now appear to be finding it harder to sign anyone.

As mentioned previously, two or three A-grade signings tomorrow or over the next few days, and all my concerns will sound ridiculous. 

But the days keep passing, the season gets closer and all I can perceive is an air of what seems like shock and disbelief at the way events have unfolded. 

The question really centres on loyalty.

Whatever my views on some of Pearson's PR antics, his principal players and staff always came over as loyal, committed and united for all that the Thailand three disgraced both themselves and the club.

"All for one and one for all," summed up the major strength of all we had here as far as the first team squad and most of our fans were concerned.

So I cannot imagine anyone being impressed if the bond has been broken.

Strong families stick together in times of trouble and it's hard to see a future here for anyone with their own agenda. Hence the need for some truthful clarification.

Otherwise I can see nothing but an undercurrent of bitterness and disharmony persisting...just the opposite of what's needed for Premiership survival, let alone anything more ambitious.

I'm increasingly concerned about the apparent halt to our recruitment and keep coming back to the fact that the sacked Pearson was a much respected "football man" who'd "been there and done it" as an honour-winning player and manager.

He also seemed extremely popular with his playing staff, some of whom positively enthused about his "inspirational qualities and man management".

My perception was that many more players seemed anxious to sign for Leicester City than wanted to get away and that people far and wide were beginning to talk positively about the club and its prospects.

Then, suddenly Pearson loses his job and someone with no first class footballing pedigree gets mentioned as playing a part in what happened having not long previously taken the reins as Director of Football.

It should be emphasised that comment has also been made that our Director of Football had "nothing at all to do with Pearson's departure", and I have no more idea than other fans about the truth of the matter, one way or another.

But if the perception exists in the minds of football people - and Cambiasso doesn't seem to have given any concrete reasons for his decision not to sign for all that it seems strange that the club and others seemed fairly confident that he would - I do now wonder if it's possible that we're becoming victims of what might loosely, or more firmly, be called either a boycott or just the proverbial cold shoulder from the subjects of a few wayward internet rumour stories.

How nice it would be therefore if Rudkin came out and said unequivocably that he had nothing to do with Pearson's departure and, indeed, that he deeply regretted it and wished only that the unity within the club might be restored.

Or if the owners came out in defence of Rudkin by assuring people that he was not, in any way, a factor in the decision process and that the entire responsiblity rested with them.

Because to me it seems hard to fathom why, from being able to complete the signing of three players so seemingly smoothly - with Cambiasso supposedly certain to follow suit - we now appear to be finding it harder to sign anyone.

As mentioned previously, two or three A-grade signings tomorrow or over the next few days, and all my concerns will sound ridiculous.

But the days keep passing, the season gets closer and all I can perceive is an air of what seems like shock and disbelief at the way events have unfolded.

Whatever my views on some of Pearson's PR antics, his principal players and staff always came over as loyal, committed and united for all that the Thailand three disgraced both themselves and the club.

"All for one and one for all," summed up the major strength of all we had here as far as the first team squad and most of our fans were concerned.

Strong families stick together in times of trouble and it's hard to see a future here for anyone with their own agenda. Hence the need for some truthful clarification.

Otherwise I can see nothing but an undercurrent of bitterness and disharmony persisting...just the opposite of what's needed for Premiership survival, let alone anything more ambitious.

I agree that the air of discontent and sense of being underwhelmed with it all needs to be lifted and that can only happen with two or three really good signings. They've created a lot of hard work for themselves with the Pearson decision but have so far failed to do any of it.

How was this your perception? Didn't seem this way at all to me.

Guest Mee-9

I just see a long post nowadays and +1 it.

It could be complete bollocks, but effort was made. 

I feel like a primary school teacher, "Oh you made a painting of a smiley face out of your own shit, heres a star." 

I just see a long post nowadays and +1 it.

It could be complete bollocks, but effort was made.

I feel like a primary school teacher, "Oh you made a painting of a smiley face out of your own shit, heres a star."

Good post buddy

Here you go again.

Constantly trying to bring someone down.

Let's get the Thai three out, Pearson, Simpson, now let's start having a go at Rudkin.

Constantly trying to find someone to blame.

Carry on, just like Eastenders

John Rudkin played no part in the decision to remove Nigel Pearson from his position of Senior Team Manager.

It's well documented that they didn't get on though. This however wasn't a contributing factor to his exit.

It's true they weren't "close" but I'm led to believe they actually got on a lot better after the sacking/non-sacking in February. Make of that what you will.

Again, I'm not saying they should be concluded within days but somewhere somehow it gets released and very often players do not want to play for us. I can't understand it. Yes, I do not see the ins and outs but there's a problem somewhere.

Watford/Palace even Bournemouth are on par with us in terms of stature but seem to progress things far quicker than we do. Watford's business this summer has been swift. I wouldn't say its the best way to do things - but they've set out a plan and proceeded.

The last time we have a good window whereby a players been linked, we've made a bid, agreed a fee and subsequently agreed terms with little or no fuss is Pearson's first full season back. I believe Andrew Neville was heading things up then regarding transfers - seems to be a respected negotiator.

The opportunity to invest in the right people at board level is equally important as investing in the right people on the playing staff. Nothing against Rudkin but the facts and the reality just do not add up. When he was appointed the club came out and said something along the lines of "he has some experience and dealt with SOME contracts at youth level."

I just think at times the club is being used as a learning ground for inexperienced people. In the championship fine. However, the premier league is a vicious environment behind closed doors - get the structure right and the rest will fall into place.

Could the reason their deals have been completed quicker be because we, in our second season and with supposedly better finances, are trying to shop in a different and more competitive market . If we look at the players those teams you have mentioned have signed early, are there many of them that we would be busting a gut to sign that are significantly better than what we've already got ? Whilst we are for example short in midfield, surely in the long run it is better to try and buy the right type of player in a significantly better market than snap up a mediocre also ran even if it does take time. Such players have more than one choice perhaps and can quite understandibly take their time in making a decision as can their selling club who will try and bleed out the last Euro they possibly can.

Things were painfully slow last summer with Pearson/Robinson on Ulloa and Cambiasso. I think being are being overly dramatic at the minute, one or two signings and all of this will be forgotten. I simply don't buy that Rudkin or anyone in the hierachy is purposely stalling on new players because everyone we've heard from this summer has openly said we need x amount of players and Ranieri has re-iterated this numerous times since joining. There's no way the owners who are as ambitious as they are would be happy in losing Cambiasso and not replacing him and be confident we're going to at least stay up. Absolute folly. I will put my neck on the line and say we'll see at least 3 new players before the end of August, but I suspect it'll be more.

Don't know if he had anything to do with his sacking, seems like Nige did a good enough job himself.

He didn't go out of his way to defend him and felt that they had many reasons up to his departure to fire him.

Trust me

Brilliant post and exactly how I am feeling. I do worry that this summer has unsettled the ship and without some sort of intervention, I can see us becoming the titanic.

I just hope Ranieri s experience can allow us to move on from that lost feeling and at least help us survive this year.

As for managerial world, this may have sounded crude in the way I put it across, but I genuinely do know many people close to Nige. So rather than forming a clique and piss take environment, why don't you lot just take or leave the information. Cheers.

I agree with what you say but the impact of Pearson's departure - on Cambiasso in particular- seems to have cost us all our momentum. I didn't go to the two pre-season friendlies but we sounded completely uninspired, especially against Mansfield.

Some will say it's pre-season and doesn't matter but, with the squad we have, we depend on energy and team spirit. 

I don't think anyone is deliberately "stalling on new players," as Ric mentions, but it does seem as if those potential new players don't want to come here, whether it be Cambiasso or anyone else. 

Yet other teams like Bournemouth, West Brom, Villa and Stoke seem to be bursting with pre-season busyness.  Volpeazzurro makes a good point about us trying to make signings at a new and higher level but we've not even secured a once seemingly happy Cambiasso and surely that signing alone would have encouraged others. 

Instead are potential recruits asking why he's not signed and coming to the conclusion we're no longer worth considering?

I hope not, but we need some positive answers soon. 

That Thai trip did so much damage it makes me cringe.

I still think Pearson all-but sacked himself with his reactionary behaviour. I'm just not convinced our present squad can be happy without him or that Ranieri can retune our engine quickly enough.   

Pre-Thai-trip, I was relishing the new season as potentially one of the most exciting in our history. Now I'd take Premiership survival as a major achievement.       

He was a decent young player and played for Wigston Fields in his youth during which time they were the best in Leicestershire year after year. He played with Paul Barnes who was the only lad from that era to make it as a pro. Rudkin was a quality player so to say he never played for his school team is nonsense as he was part of the best team in Leicestershire for several years. Only Oadby, Enderby and Syston could challenge them.

John Rudkin played no part in the decision to remove Nigel Pearson from his position of Senior Team Manager.

It's well documented that they didn't get on though. This however wasn't a contributing factor to his exit.

Who did Pearson get on with besides himself? Rudkin is no different to any professional at work and it would be impossible for the Pope himself to get on with Mr arrogant...

Archived