Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

In that case, surely playing for a premier league side and quadrupling his salary beats playing for a mid table side in Brazil?

"@Zizouology: DIS representative Roberto Moreno says the decisive meeting with Aránguiz and Inter president will be on Wednesday or Thursday."

Defending my team, Inter is one of the most important teams in Brazil, has won two times the Libertadores in the past 10 years. It's currently in the middle of the table because we were playing Libertadores along and we were focusing there (we were eliminated by Tigres 10 days ago), and playing the Brasileirao with the reserve squad. Last year Inter ended in third place.

Anyway, one thing that he likes of being here it's because he always goes to Chile and it's  close from here.
I think one of the plans is to stay here (although all the money he would throw away, since he'd said money it's not so important to him right now), focusing on the World Cup Qualifiers and hoping to get another proposal by January. That's why i think there's a possibility of him staying here (although I think the best decision for him is go to Leicester).

Defending my team, Inter is one of the most important teams in Brazil, has won two times the Libertadores in the past 10 years. It's currently in the middle of the table because we were playing Libertadores along and we were focusing there (we were eliminated by Tigres 10 days ago), and playing the Brasileirao with the reserve squad. Last year Inter ended in third place.

Anyway, one thing that he likes of being here it's because he always goes to Chile and it's close from here.

I think one of the plans is to stay here (although all the money he would throw away, since he'd said money it's not so important to him right now), focusing on the World Cup Qualifiers and hoping to get another proposal by January. That's why i think there's a possibility of him staying here (although I think the best decision for him is go to Leicester).

Thanks for the info Brazilian Guy. I went to Porto Alegre during the World Cup last year and loved it. Bit cold compared to Salvador, Natal or Recife where I had been directly before but still great.

Loved the passion for football there. Almost everyone I saw had either Gremio or Inter clothes on, was great to see.

I think it's quite sad that players such as Aranguiz think that they have to move to Europe for the benefit of their career. I wish South American football was as strong as Europe. A scenario where the continent has as much pulling power as Europe would benefit world football in my opinion.

Thanks for the info Brazilian Guy. I went to Porto Alegre during the World Cup last year and loved it. Bit cold compared to Salvador, Natal or Recife where I had been directly before but still great.

Loved the passion for football there. Almost everyone I saw had either Gremio or Inter clothes on, was great to see.

I think it's quite sad that players such as Aranguiz think that they have to move to Europe for the benefit of their career. I wish South American football was as strong as Europe. A scenario where the continent has as much pulling power as South America would benefit world football in my opinion.

Great post

I agree indeed a stronger South American football scene would be great for world football

You could've said that for Gary Medel, when he was at Cardiff.

Now, look at Cardiff.

Based on his attitude, if he comes, he'll probably not give 100% debating to himself whether this choice of club is right for him - that'd be the risk now.

At 26, he can't afford to have a poor season. Medel had at least played in Europe when he come to Cardiff.

No - unless everything has been misreported, which may be the case given we are talking about Brazil.

I think the Club and Owners would have dissed him days ago if he carried on like this. I cannot see the

King Power Group allowing anyone to push them around.

a very interesting and positive angle. They havent got where they are by accident. Am sure the carrot and stick, good cop, bad cop strategy will reap its rewards in time.

The BL thing is just a dream on his behalf. They haven't had a bid accepted. They haven't upped their bid. They've done nothing. Are they even interested at all in reality.

That is what Aranguiz must ask himself.

We have a bid accepted. Have offered good wages. We appear to be his only real option.

Now, look at Cardiff.

Based on his attitude, if he comes, he'll probably not give 100% debating to himself whether this choice of club is right for him - that'd be the risk now.

If Aranguiz plays poorly for us he will drop down the pecking order here, and certainly won't be progressing his career to a champions league level. 

The BL thing is just a dream on his behalf. They haven't had a bid accepted. They haven't upped their bid. They've done nothing. Are they even interested at all in reality.

That is what Aranguiz must ask himself.

We have a bid accepted. Have offered good wages. We appear to be his only real option.

if he turns us down so what.why is he that important to us call his bluff and bid for leverkusens best player lars bender

I think he has no incentive to sign with us right now. So from his perspective, why not wait until the last day and see if Leicester pulls the offer? Or it is possible that by stalling, BL will put forth an offer that Inter will accept. Also he can use his agent to put out information that he won't sign with us, to put pressure on us to try and save face by pulling the offer.

On the flipside, what we ought to do is just sit tight. When it gets close to the transfer window closing, all of the pressure to take the deal will be on him. We just need to make sure that we get another midfielder as a backup plan in case he doesn't accept the deal.

Now, look at Cardiff.

This would be my concern - big risk for somebody ONLY here for the money.

We cannot have anyone on board not 100% behind the cause, and let's face it he's literally said that.

Conclusion: Find somebody else

Archived