Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

Sigh.

From the beginning Kante was 'Leicester have made better offer, player prefers Marseille'. Prefers there is the operative, it means he wanted most of all to join Marseille but still considered Leicester an acceptable option.

Aranguiz is 'Leicester have made better offer, player actively wants to go to Leverkusen and actively doesn't want to join Leicester'. Aranguiz does not consider Leicester an acceptable option.

If Aranguiz's quotes don't constitute 'not wanting to join us full stop', then I honestly don't know what would.

Oooh look, something else for you to moan about.

Looks like his agent basically wants more money I don't get these footballers having agents it just a pain for everybody involved.

I think this has 'legs'. We aren't noted for over paying agents. Unless our policy had changed over the past 12 months, this could be at the crux of his agents opinion.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything re his thoughts though.

Sigh.

From the beginning Kante was 'Leicester have made better offer, player prefers Marseille'. Prefers there is the operative, it means he wanted most of all to join Marseille but still considered Leicester an acceptable option.

Aranguiz is 'Leicester have made better offer, player actively wants to go to Leverkusen and actively doesn't want to join Leicester'. Aranguiz does not consider Leicester an acceptable option.

If Aranguiz's quotes don't constitute 'not wanting to join us full stop', then I honestly don't know what would.

If we were the only bidders I'm certain Aranguiz would have joined us.

He probably hates us right now as we're stopping him going where he wants but you can be sure he'd rather be at Leicester than Internacional.

If Barcelona came in for him and Bayer Leverkusen offered 50% more he would be pissed off with them as he now wants to go to Barcelona.

He's trying to get himself a move to Bayer, of course he's going to come out and say Leicester isn't acceptable. He's trying to strengthen his negotiating position. Him not saying it only weakens his position.

There is a big difference in someone really wanting to go to Bayer over us and someone just turning us down flat even if they have no other options available to them. If we were the only ones in for him, then fair enough. This is about him wanting to go there, not him not wanting to come here.

What has gone on so far has been so entirely predictable, both sides are facing off and saying what they think needs saying to try and get the other party to fold. It's just a game of poker.

Oooh look, something else for you to moan about.

Pretty ridiculous post tbh. It isn't even moaning really is it? Its just going through some of the facts.

I've said my piece on this, he doesn't want to come to Leicester and we've carried on like the oblivious knobhead in a bar who can't take a hint. Some of our fans were genuinely arguing that we are a bigger Club than one that was in the Champions League final less than 15 years ago. The whole thing has been pretty embarrassing.

But I'm sorry if you want us to be the next QPR. I just players who are either proud to wear the shirt or are at the very least happy to be paid to wear it.

He's trying to get himself a move to Bayer, of course he's going to come out and say Leicester isn't acceptable. He's trying to strengthen his negotiating position. Him not saying it only weakens his position.

There is a big difference in someone really wanting to go to Bayer over us and someone just turning us down flat even if they have no other options available to them. If we were the only ones in for him, then fair enough. This is about him wanting to go there, not him not wanting to come here.

What has gone on so far has been so entirely predictable, both sides are facing off and saying what they think needs saying to try and get the other party to fold. It's just a game of poker.

On the other hand, if Leverkusen thought he'd be happy to go somewhere else surely that strengthens his negotiating hand? Then they know they have to up their bid or he will go elsewhere.

Now Leverkusen know he's burned his bridges at Internacional and would rather die than play for Leicester why would they need to improve their own offer? As it stands they have him where they want him, and can let him do the dirty work engineering a move out of Internacional and come to them for the price they offered.

Pretty ridiculous post tbh. It isn't even moaning really is it? Its just going through some of the facts.

I've said my piece on this, he doesn't want to come to Leicester and we've carried on like the oblivious knobhead in a bar who can't take a hint. Some of our fans were genuinely arguing that we are a bigger Club than one that was in the Champions League final less than 15 years ago. The whole thing has been pretty embarrassing.

But I'm sorry if you want us to be the next QPR. I just players who are either proud to wear the shirt or are at the very least happy to be paid to wear it.

So you expect top class internationals to have been boyhood Leicester fans? 

The days of Heath and Stearman are thankfully behind us. These are bigger fish we're dealing and a certain degree of arrogance goes with the territory, it's probably why they're so successful. We need them more than they need us because they're so good they can pick and choose.

Thank god we're now after this type of player. 

On the other hand, if Leverkusen thought he'd be happy to go somewhere else surely that strengthens his negotiating hand? Then they know they have to up their bid or he will go elsewhere.

Now Leverkusen know he's burned his bridges at Internacional and would rather die than play for Leicester why would they need to improve their own offer? As it stands they have him where they want him, and can let him do the dirty work engineering a move out of Internacional and come to them for the price they offered.

Eh...?

How does that strengthen his hand, he's basically already accepted a proposal from them as they tapped up his agent. He and Bayer are already in agreement.

What he and Bayer want is Inter to accept their offer as it stands (10.2m). They know it's massively less than they are willing to accept (15m) because of our massive offer, so they are trying to make out they will accept nothing but Bayer, hoping Inter think "well 10m euros is better than no Euros.

His and intern Bayers hand is only strengthening by making out it's Bayer or nowhere.

Inters hand is strengthened by them saying it's anyone else who offers 15m (us) or nowhere.

If he had intimated he's happy to go elsewhere, it gives Inter no incentive to drop their asking price for Bayer.

Eh...?

How does that strengthen his hand, he's basically already accepted a proposal from them as they tapped up his agent. He and Bayer are already in agreement.

What he and Bayer want is Inter to accept their offer as it stands (10.2m). They know it's massively less than they are willing to accept (15m) because of our massive offer, so they are trying to make out they will accept nothing but Bayer, hoping Inter think "well 10m euros is better than no Euros.

His and intern Bayers hand is only strengthening by making out it's Bayer or nowhere.

Inters hand is strengthened by them saying it's anyone else who offers 15m (us) or nowhere.

If he had intimated he's happy to go elsewhere, it gives Inter no incentive to drop their asking price for Bayer.

Think you might have slightly misread the start of the post. 

Think you might have slightly misread the start of the post. 

No, I read it fine thanks.

Bayer either don't want to, or can't up their offer to get him, that's the whole point. They want to get him as cheap as possible or can't afford him at 15m. So the only way they get what they want, and he gets what he wants if to throw a wobbly and try and force the move.

No, I read it fine thanks.

Bayer either don't want to, or can't up their offer to get him, that's the whole point. They want to get him as cheap as possible or can't afford him at 15m. So the only way they get what they want, and he gets what he wants if to throw a wobbly and try and force the move.

Hasn't he done that already, but failed in his attempt?

I'm pretty sure players in the past have thought "is Leicester really the best offer I have??" Its just we never heard about it. Its a bit unprofessional to make it so publicly though.

The level we are now at or looking to be means players are going to need to be convinced of joining us. We are fighting against teams with European pedigree.

So, babs. do you think you could explane yourself one more time what it is you are trying to say?

Just to avoid confusion, like....

It looks like I'll have to keep saying it until people understand it.

Hasn't he done that already, but failed in his attempt?

He started that ball rolling, but look how long Kante took to come through. It's just a battle of wills to see who folds first. You might find we drop our interest before that even happens though, or Bayer find another million down the sofa and it's enough for Inter to be happy to just get rid.

Eh...?

There's no incentive now! They [Leverkusen] know he won't be staying at Inter, they know he won't go to Leicester, they know nobody else has come in for him.

It looks like I'll have to keep saying it until people understand it.

A little patronising given that you don't even know what you're saying is right....

There's no incentive now! They [Leverkusen] know he won't be staying at Inter, they know he won't go to Leicester, they know nobody else has come in for him.

A little patronising given that you don't even know what you're saying is right....

Thats different to someone understanding his post... which is all he is trying to get people to do...

@Alexandre_Ernst: Desafio do dia: falar Vichai Srivaddhanaprabh sem pausas ou se-pa-ra-ção de sílabas. Manda vídeo no reply, ok? 1, 2, 3... Valendo!

@Alexandre_Ernst: E vocês acharam que a novela Aránguiz havia encerrado, né?

@Alexandre_Ernst: Resumindo a questão Aránguiz: os ingleses virão forte para seduzir o jogador na QUARTA. Não vai pro Leicester, fica aqui (palavra da DIS)

Translations people?

@Alexandre_Ernst: Desafio do dia: falar Vichai Srivaddhanaprabh sem pausas ou se-pa-ra-ção de sílabas. Manda vídeo no reply, ok? 1, 2, 3... Valendo!

@Alexandre_Ernst: E vocês acharam que a novela Aránguiz havia encerrado, né?

@Alexandre_Ernst: Resumindo a questão Aránguiz: os ingleses virão forte para seduzir o jogador na QUARTA. Não vai pro Leicester, fica aqui (palavra da DIS)

Translations people?

Not sure it helps but google

Alexandre_Ernst: Day Challenge: talking Vichai Srivaddhanaprabh without breaks or-pa-ra-tion of syllables. Sends video to reply, ok? 1, 2, 3 ... Drawing! Alexandre_Ernst: And you thought the novel had ended Aránguiz, right? Alexandre_Ernst: Summing up the Aránguiz issue: the English will come strong to tempt the player in the FOURTH. Will not pro Leicester, is here (Word DIS)

Incentive for who to do what?.

Inter has said you either pay 15m or he stays. So Bayer know nothing of the sort.

They don't know he won't go to Leicester or stay at Internacional.

They're gambling that Internacional buckle and they get him for maybe a compromised price.

The big gambler in all this is Aranguiz himself. Leicester and Bayer can afford not to buy him. Internacional have more at stake but Aranguiz has a hell of a lot more.

It will be interesting to how this pans out if all parties haven't flinched and we go into the last few days of the transfer window. I think Aranguiz will blink first as he has the most to lose.

Not sure it helps but google

Alexandre_Ernst: Day Challenge: talking Vichai Srivaddhanaprabh without breaks or-pa-ra-tion of syllables. Sends video to reply, ok? 1, 2, 3 ... Drawing! Alexandre_Ernst: And you thought the novel had ended Aránguiz, right? Alexandre_Ernst: Summing up the Aránguiz issue: the English will come strong to tempt the player in the FOURTH. Will not pro Leicester, is here (Word DIS)

I take it from that that he must be coming

Archived