Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcdave15

Gokhan Inler

It's no secret I've always rated King but he would remain a vital cog even from the bench.

He's just so reliable, intelligent and capable of either retaining possession to see a game out or sneaking a goal to pinch something at the finish. As a guy who can attack or defend and link in with others so effortlessly, he's perhaps the ideal "go-to" in an improving team.

It would be the same were one of our midfielders injured or struggling on any particular day.

King will benefit from having better players around him anyway.

He seemed to cog in well with Cambiasso and I don't imagine it would be any different with Kante or anyone else. King strikes me as the ultimate team player in being prepared to do what's required whether a first choice selection or coming off the bench.            

Agreed.

There's nothing to suggest King won't continue to be a valuable member of the squad.

He clearly benefitted from playing alongside Esteban last season,he is an intelligent and adaptable player.

Whoever CR brings in King will still play a significant role.

Archived