Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcdave15

Gokhan Inler

Dear LCFC,

Just an FYI, but there are things that exist such as twitter, Facebook and the internet (you have a "website" - not a very good one mind) that are collectively known as "social media". You can use these to keep your fans/customers updated on things such as new signings...maybe you can use these??

Jesus Christ, get a grip.

I read some Napoli fans saying he's been shite for 3 years. But I remember Inter fans said similar stuff about Cambiasso.

Has anyone watched him much over the last couple of seasons?

Well, Benitez is/was a huge fan of squad rotation and Napoli had an overabundance of (defensive) midfielders - there's your tinkering. This also explains Inler's absence in the league, but his near-omnipresence in the 2014/2015 Europa League campaign.

Benitez' shuffling tactics almost worked out, but in the end, a couple of poor results in the league (for example, losing 4-2 away at Empoli, ironically with Sarri at the helm, who is now the new manager at Naples) and losing out in the league as well as the Coppa Italia were his downfall. Napoli fans are very fervent and passionate and judging by their comments online, many of them couldn't not understand the inclusion of so many Spaniards in the squad (Benitez' favourites?) and still have a hard time understanding what president De Laurentiis (the movie magnate) is really up to. He tends to fancy posing to the outside world on all sorts of occasion - for instance, during their recent pre-season camp in Tyrolia, he called up a cardinal to give the team the blessing on the training pitch.

I'm sorry but there has to be a reason why players are turning us down and turning us down quite publicly.

as elton john famously sang, it seems to me that we live our lives like a candle inler wind 

I'm sorry but there has to be a reason why players are turning us down and turning us down quite publicly.

are they? :dunno:

or are you referring, in the main, to unsubstantiated social media reporting that is not coming directly from the player or their 'true' representatives?

here's a link for you that might help :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking

I've once again missed this direct quotations, or even quotations off their agents regarding your point. It's not a matter of perspective on this whole drama of a transfer window, optimism or pessimism, but I genuinely haven't seen these.

Doesn't mean that 'non-league players' are the only alternative though, does it?

No you are right, I shouldn't have been so extreme in my example.

I'd rather we went for class and accepted a little lower than go for championship players.

As you made clear championship players are less likely to say "no" to us. Would that make you happier?

I'm not suggesting Andy King would miss out - he still is a very good attacking midfielder. We had 5 midfielders last year (King Cambiasso, Drinkwater, James and Hammond). I'd say if we did sign the 3 I mentioned plus Drinkwater and King (Hammond could be sold) we are in the same position as last season, but stronger. If James fully recovers that's a bonus, but I could see him going out on loan for a month in January to get match fit and to see if his knee holds up.

It's no secret I've always rated King but he would remain a vital cog even from the bench.

He's just so reliable, intelligent and capable of either retaining possession to see a game out or sneaking a goal to pinch something at the finish. As a guy who can attack or defend and link in with others so effortlessly, he's perhaps the ideal "go-to" in an improving team.

It would be the same were one of our midfielders injured or struggling on any particular day.

King will benefit from having better players around him anyway.

He seemed to cog in well with Cambiasso and I don't imagine it would be any different with Kante or anyone else. King strikes me as the ultimate team player in being prepared to do what's required whether a first choice selection or coming off the bench.            

The season starts next Saturday it would be nice to get our transfer buisiness done by then.

Just like Pearson did last season? Don't you think the club want it done more than you? Or me? Or everyone on FT? As long as we end up with the players we need (looking at it we are aiming ALOT higher than Pearson did, cambiasso aside) timing isn't all that if we bring in the quality rather than the quantity.

I'm started to get very excited about the squad for the season. Two weeks ago I wasn't sleeping!!!

No you are right, I shouldn't have been so extreme in my example.

I'd rather we went for class and accepted a little lower than go for championship players.

As you made clear championship players are less likely to say "no" to us. Would that make you happier?

Jesus. Please point out to me where I'be said we should be aiming for Championship players? We've been able to attract players such as Fuchs, Cambiasso, Kramaric etc in the past three windows - clearly there are quality players out there who are willing to come to Leicester City, all I'm saying is that there are plenty of alternatives out there should our current targets refuse us - and you take that to mean that I think we should sign 'non-league' or 'Championship' players.

And why so snooty about the lower leagues anyway? It paid off last season for us with Ulloa. West Ham signed Cresswell from Ipswich and he went on to be player of the season. Alex Oxlade Chamberlain was a League One player when Arsenal signed him. There are plenty of examples.

Archived