Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcdave15

Gokhan Inler

Don't know what we expect, we are trying to buy bigger name foreign players who have no idea of who Leicester are. To be honest I'd much rather they said no if they weren't interested rather than taking the mercenary approach and jumping ship if things start to go bad. We are more likely to get success buying British or lesser named foreign players like mahrez was. It's whether we can deliver success that way.

I don't think it's just that we're Leicester City. We play in Leicester. Don't get me wrong, I still have a soft spot for the place, but it's always going to be hard to convince quality players, particularly those from abroad, to live an area where the top attractions are Rutland Waters and Fosse Park. I bet the first thing any prospective player wonders is how long it would take to get to London.

I don't think it's just that we're Leicester City. We play in Leicester. Don't get me wrong, I still have a soft spot for the place, but it's always going to be hard to convince quality players, particularly those from abroad, to live an area where the top attractions are Rutland Waters and Fosse Park. I bet the first thing any prospective player wonders is how long it would take to get to London.

Absolutely, I work in the region, I know for fact Pepsi/walkers snak food senior managers from the states stay in nottingham, cus Leicester is shit

"Yes mate, Leicester's in London. Very famous posh part. It's got Abbey Park -- you know, like the Beatles."

I honestly think the Thais should be spending their money on smartening this shithole of a city up a bit rather than making pie in the sky bids.  Maybe then players wouldn't be so horrified at the prospect of playing for us.  lol

Of all the speculation,if we have made an offer for Inler,this makes the most sense.

Clearly a quality player and a leader that CR is looking for.

I suspect the player may be rather picky.Didn't he turn down moves to Galatasaray and Watford? Watford apparently because he didn't want to be part of the Pozzi stable who could be loaned between their various clubs.

Would be an excellent acquisition if he can be persuaded to join us.

Funny you say that... he spent a few seasons at Udinese.

It's not even London though is it, I've heard multiple accounts of players preferring to be based in places like Birmingham, Nottingham and Sheffield whilst playing for us.

Like I said earlier in the week, it's time to start raiding the Championship, those guys will leap at the chance to join us in the Premier League, Will Hughes anyone?  :thumbup:

I thought this was a fvckin done deal just on the back burner in case aranguiz decided to tell us to go b0llox. Like a luxury take it or leave it. I forgot we were Leicester City and no fvcker wants to join us

Another reason I'm a City fan and I don 't want it any other way. You know- nothing ever comes easy. If City turned into a club like manu, where they could get anyone they wanted with infinite amounts of money, I'd be pissed off. I wouldn't identify with them. Up the morlocks!

It's not even London though is it, I've heard multiple accounts of players preferring to be based in places like Birmingham, Nottingham and Sheffield whilst playing for us.

Like I said earlier in the week, it's time to start raiding the Championship, those guys will leap at the chance to join us in the Premier League, Will Hughes anyone? :thumbup:

Not sure about Hughes but I certainly think we should continue to pick up British players alongside the foreign contingent. Looks like we are going a bit down the foreign route at the moment which is great when you get a Schmeichel or a Mahrez that find a connection with the club but not so good when you get a mercenary who isn't going to fight for the club.

Like I said earlier in the week, it's time to start raiding the Championship, those guys will leap at the chance to join us in the Premier League, Will Hughes anyone? [emoji106]

Agree. Agree. Get players with passion.

We don't want "hookers."

We are setting our sights to high, Veretout turned us down

Good, I want us to be setting our sights high.

It looks like we've got Kante after a really big struggle but we could have set our sights low and competed with Norwich for Dorrans.

If we come out of this saga with Kante & Aranguiz then all the crap we've had to deal with has been worth it.

I for one am glad that my club is showing as much ambition as it can and not just hanging around like a bad smell until we do the decent thing and get relegated and let another Championship club with ambition take our place in the PL.

Not sure about Hughes but I certainly think we should continue to pick up British players alongside the foreign contingent. Looks like we are going a bit down the foreign route at the moment which is great when you get a Schmeichel or a Mahrez that find a connection with the club but not so good when you get a mercenary who isn't going to fight for the club.

Not sure there are too many British midfielders available (or in the club's price range who would be impactful enough) to ensure that the club's PL status is secure from the get-go this season.

It looks like we've got Kante after a really big struggle but we could have set our sights low and competed with Norwich for Dorrans.

If we come out of this saga with Kante & Aranguiz then all the crap we've had to deal with has been worth it.

I for one am glad that my club is showing as much ambition as it can and not just hanging around like a bad smell until we do the decent thing and get relegated and let another Championship club with ambition take our place in the PL.

Well bloody said mate - i couldn't of said it better myself - top post

Well said, although it's been extremely frustrating and I can't help but feel the frustration may go on.

Absolutely, I work in the region, I know for fact Pepsi/walkers snak food senior managers from the states stay in nottingham, cus Leicester is shit

They stay in Nottingham so they don't miss the gun crime, what you have to point out to these "new rich" people is all the well to do have a pad in London but also have a lodge in Leicestershire, Ashby used to do very well on it.

Archived