Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tincy

Cilla Black has died at her home in Spain

that's what I wanted to name the thread title

Well it's not the end of the world is it. Obviously a mod thought a bit more description would be better. Were you thinking an X factor like reveal would make the thread more exciting for those clicking in it?

Because it just said Cilla Black before? Now it actually says what the threads about.

The modified title makes it sound a bit sinister. "Found Dead" is a bit tabloidy. "Found Dead" is what they say when they find some bloke f floating in Barrymore's swimming pool.

"Cilla Black dies aged 72" would be better imo

The modified title makes it sound a bit sinister. "Found Dead" is a bit tabloidy. "Found Dead" is what they say when they find some bloke f floating in Barrymore's swimming pool.

"Cilla Black dies aged 72" would be better imo

Both are better than "Cilla Black" though.

Not claiming to be ITK here or anything, but apparently St Peter at the Pearly gates looked at Cilla and said "Whats your name and where do you come from?"

You know what? I reckon she would have loved jokes like that about her because she had a great sense of humour.

Well it's not the end of the world is it. Obviously a mod thought a bit more description would be better. Were you thinking an X factor like reveal would make the thread more exciting for those clicking in it?

The X tractor reveal was more than enough

Was never keen on her but RIP.

The only thing that i'm dreading is the repeats/ITV will be flogging that 3 part series that Sheridan Smith did again, I never watched it but couldn't stand that the amount of adverts they did flogging it, looked awful.

Probably not one for the Book of Condolence.

I met Cilla once, one of the most vile people I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

I met her on three occasions, as she was the patron of the Scan  Appeal at Wycombe Hospital, and she was a lovely person to talk to. No airs and graces, and just a truly lovely person.

I don't believe you ever met her, or there is no way you could say that!

Today is the 50th anniversary of my wife and I's very first date, and we both loved her voice.

Cilla will always be in our hearts.

I met her on three occasions, as she was the patron of the Scan Appeal at Wycombe Hospital, and she was a lovely person to talk to. No airs and graces, and just a truly lovely person.

Today is the 50th anniversary of my wife and I's very first date, and we both loved her voice.

we're not Cilla Black FC

I met her on three occasions, as she was the patron of the Scan  Appeal at Wycombe Hospital, and she was a lovely person to talk to. No airs and graces, and just a truly lovely person.

Calm down! lol

A celebrity attending an officially charity they have attached themselves to is likely to put on a show to not look like a **** in front of the public. Look at Jimmy Savile, was involved with many charities and hospitals, and people thought he was great, but he still did what he did.

If he met her outside of her TV and charity duties the real her may have come out, and it may be the case you never actually saw the real Cilla.

I've never met her, so I don't know either way, but there's not need to be so dismissive of someone who has a different experience of someone or something than you did.

Calm down! lol

A celebrity attending an officially charity they have attached themselves to is likely to put on a show to not look like a **** in front of the public. Look at Jimmy Savile, was involved with many charities and hospitals, and people thought he was great, but he still did what he did.

If he met her outside of her TV and charity duties the real her may have come out, and it may be the case you never actually saw the real Cilla.

I've never met her, so I don't know either way, but there's not need to be so dismissive of someone who has a different experience of someone or something than you did.

Is that really a necessary comparison, given the circumstances? 

Is that really a necessary comparison, given the circumstances?

I was trying to think of someone who did a lot of charity work and was well thought of for it, but in reality wasn't very nice. He was the most obvious person.

Archived