Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

Yeah that's him out wide again as there's absolutely no width other than Sterling. How on earth does Shelvey get picked over Danny Drinkwater this season? Laughable.

I don't have a problem with Shelvey so much it's more Delph and Milner I have an issue with. Not taking anything away from those guys talent but Delph hasn't kicked a ball in 2 months and Milner's been dire for Liverpool, they looked so much better when he came off against Chelsea and wasn't playing against Bournemouth

Also I think he'll play Vardy down the middle in one of the games,

He'll play Lallana and Sterling as the number 10's an we'll have zero width IMO

Did Woy actually say that or are you quoting something made up?

Did Woy actually say that or are you quoting something made up?

Not sure if you are trying to make me look stupid or not but this is the exact quote. Hodgson said: "Jamie has only played a handful of games for England, he should be happy to be in the squad and even happier if he makes the team. He has a job to convince us he has the ability to play as a centre forward and not get too hung up about where he plays."

Maybe I shouldnt have used the word lucky, but the rest of what he said alongside it was him moaning about other people telling him Vardy should be playing down the middle.

Not sure if you are trying to make me look stupid or not but this is the exact quote. Hodgson said: "Jamie has only played a handful of games for England, he should be happy to be in the squad and even happier if he makes the team. He has a job to convince us he has the ability to play as a centre forward and not get too hung up about where he plays."

How has Vardy not proved himself to Hodgson that he can play down the middle considering he's the top scorer in the league?

Hodgson is laughable.

Not sure if you are trying to make me look stupid or not but this is the exact quote. Hodgson said: "Jamie has only played a handful of games for England, he should be happy to be in the squad and even happier if he makes the team. He has a job to convince us he has the ability to play as a centre forward and not get too hung up about where he plays."

no i was just wondering as i hadn't heard that sounds a bit of a twat basically saying to vards it dosn't matter if your the most inform striker you should be grateful you are among the likes of Rooney (Who is out of form) and Kane (who had one very good season). He might as well play him at left back based on that if he needs to convince the international manager where he plays, surely you should play your best players where they play best, not try to accommodate him around out of form big name players?

no i was just wondering as i hadn't heard that sounds a bit of a twat basically saying to vards it dosn't matter if your the most inform striker you should be grateful you are among the likes of Rooney (Who is out of form) and Kane (who had one very good season). He might as well play him at left back based on that if he needs to convince the international manager where he plays

Agreed, no point us getting wound up about it to be honest. We all know he will play, Milner, delph, henderson, kane, rooney and sterling. Wont play Barkley, wont play Ali, wont play Vardy, wont play Walcott, wont play Ox. Basically wont play exciting, dynamic, quick players that would allow us to hit teams on the break (how we should play against the top sides) to give ourselves a genuine chance of winning.

Agreed, no point us getting wound up about it to be honest. We all know he will play, Milner, delph, henderson, kane, rooney and sterling. Wont play Barkley, wont play Ali, wont play Vardy, wont play Walcott, wont play Ox. Basically wont play exciting, dynamic, quick players that would allow us to hit teams on the break (how we should play against the top sides) to give ourselves a genuine chance of winning.

I think you put Sterling in the wrong list.

Have you got a link to that quote, been having a search round for his thoughts on the squad and can't find anything?

Sad thing is, if Vardy was doing this for Manchester United ahead of Wayne Rooney, the media and 99% of the public would be making it clear he HAS to start in his natural position. Instead, he will have to cater for others who won't even give 50%.

Sad thing is, if Vardy was doing this for Manchester United ahead of Wayne Rooney, the media and 99% of the public would be making it clear he HAS to start in his natural position. 

This in a f****** nutshell.

I cant believe Hodgson has said Vardy needs to convince him he should be picked as Central striker. Hang on a minute if you arent going to put him as a central striker then surely the only option Vardy has got is to prove it in the Premier League. ( Im not having it that he needs to show it when training for England).

Open your f****** eyes you dinosaur. F*** Rooney off and put Vardy up top.

For years the England side have been hindered by continually playing Rooney. Playing a shit game to accommodate him. Sack him off and bring through the new pacey players and lets get at them.

If I had to pick my 11 from this squad it'd be something like;

Butland

Clyne    Stones    Smalling   Bertrand

Carrick

Barkley        Shelvey

Sterling

Kane         Vardy 

This is a friendly after all but Hodgson's incompetence cannot be understated so expect the dynamic duo of Delph and Milner and the white Pele to play with Vardy proving himself as a striker stuck on the left wing

Watching the interview Hodgson seemed genuinely annoyed that people wanted to see Vardy up top, suggesting "what do I do with the players that currently play there?". Now, don't get me wrong, both Kane and Rooney and good players, but their reputations far outweighs their current form.

Counter-attacking will be a useful tactic at times in Euro's and there is no better counter-attacking striker than Jamie Vardy. I'd like to see England use him in the summer as a substitute to catch teams on the break and defend from the front, but he can only do that as a number 9.

Reputation before form as per usual. Absolute joke. If Vardy doesn't get the chance to play down the middle now whilst being in the form of his life, he might aswell retire from international football and concentrate on club football.

I think you put Sterling in the wrong list.

Have you got a link to that quote, been having a search round for his thoughts on the squad and can't find anything?

I watched it live on SSN and got that quote off the BBC sport website. It's on the live news feed thing. Hodgson went on more and more than just that quote. Seemed angry that people were even suggesting he was playing vardy out of position

Archived