Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

Respected managers shouldn't be reacting in this way, i.e. How Hodgson responded over Vardy. Hodgson is as bland as Capello.

Quite clear Hodgson is a man under pressure, and also probably being told who to play by certain club officials over others.

Danny Ings didn't have to prove anything, scored one or two goals for Liverpool, there you go son, off the bench, 20 minutes as the main striker. Andros Townsend doesn't need to play any Spurs games, gets in squad. Delle Alli plays a couple of games for Spurs, capped. Seems if you play for Leicester you've got to jump through a million hoops, play for Spurs, Liverpool, Man City or Man U - come straight on down, there's a place waiting for you.

Reading more into this, what has Drinky got to do to get a call up ahead of the players you mentioned?

Be more consistent with his passing . Because of our style, he is trying to force the game too often. That's fine for us as we know what our game plan is and giving the ball away isn't an issue. woy, would have a seizure if DD kept trying to play a long ball forward for JV to get onto. Away to Spain is a perfect opportunity to play JV up the middle. we won't have decent possession so when we do have it, we need to do something with it to put their back line under pressure. alas, our management are living in the nineties tactically.

This is why I hate international football! Vardy has proved himself to be better than any other striker in the league at this moment in time, they are privileged to be working with him. He isn't some non league player been called up on a Jim'll fix I day for goodness sake he has genuinely earnt his place in that squad through merit and sheer determination.

Rooney is lucky to have his England place in the squad garunteed, no matter the starting team and captaincy, he has been poor for country for years and hasn't exactly set the world alight for club for a long while. Kane is a one season wonder, I said it last season and it is pretty clear that it is going to to become a reality, he has been found at as a very one footed and one dynamic footballer. Where as Vardy is lightning quick (impossible to defend against), can shoot with both feet and has shown that he has sublime finishing skills. What more does he have to do?

What annoys me is that it is situations like this that will see a potential Vardy move in Jan. If a top 4 team put in an offer the. His England chances will increase alongside a definite for playing in Europe. He will be off. Frustrating indeed.

England boss Roy Hodgson calls up Jamie Vardy — then slaps him down

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-boss-roy-hodgson-calls-6776896

"There is no doubt the qualities he has a football player are very useful. [And] They may be useful qualities for an international team.”

What, so pace and goal scoring only might be useful in the England team?!? WTF?

Roy's had a 'mare.  It's almost as if the constant questioning of players' positioning (historically Rooney) has got to him and he's managed to make it look like he's knocking Vardy down a peg or two.  I don't think (and hope) he's meant to do that, but he's had better days.

You just know Rooney will play both games and be shit, meanwhile Vardy gets 20 minutes on the left wing and told to defend.

Not sure why people always say things like "not good enough for England" about players. England are a poor side, especially when you have undroppable fatties like Rooney as your captain playing every game. The likes of Delph will go to Euros with a few games played this season. Underachieving bench warmers for big clubs will be chosen over players like Drinky/Albrighton who do 90 minutes every week in the same league. Vardy will probably lose his place to someone like Danny Ings or Welbeck, despite them probably not even being fit by the time the Euros come around.

England need to get rid of elderly managers, get someone young and inspiring.

**** off Roy you willy puller.

I guarantee you if he was doing what he is currently doing in a Man Utd shirt instead of a Leicester shirt he would not be being so disrespectful.

Lost a lot of respect for him after this, its gonna do Jamies confidence the world of good isn't it, his own manager belittling him in public. willy puller.

He seems to have got confused with the media advocating playing Vardy up front, but interpreting it as if Vardy has been demanding it himself. He is clearly feeling the pressure and can't handle it.

A telling comment was his justification for including Dier. Nothing about his performances per se, but all about the fact that he has cemented his place in a side which, because it is Spurs, means that he has had to fight off players of good quality (i.e. better than at the likes of Leicester, where you can just walk into the team). Pathetic. It confirms the "big" club syndrome in selection for England.

Archived