Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

You can add Marc Albrighton to that list. If I've read the opta stars correctly he'd be second only to Sterling (if he was in the squad) in terms of contribution so far this season.

Albrighton has got the most assists of any English player since we went on our run at the back end of February.

What Albrighton and Drinkwater have to do to get a call up I'll never know. Apparently playing superbly for a team who's won as many points as anyone over the past 8 or 9 months isn't good enough - to get called up, you'd be better sitting on a "big" club's bench than putting in the fantastic performances Albrighton and Drinkwater have been doing for a side who's lost only to Chelsea and Arsenal since February.

Still England picking side's by their "celebrity" or by the name of their club rather than their performances. Hasn't changed one bit under Hodgson.

I'm not discrediting Delph, but all he's ever achieved is at very average clubs, and now he's had his 'big move' he's a shoe in? I just can't possibly fathom the mentality of Hodgson and even the FA.

Excuse my ignorance, but what has Roy said today, in a nutshell? EDIT... Ignore, seen it now.

It's almost like Roy feels that England owe Rooney and Kane something. Rooney is bang average at best at the moment, and Kane had ONE good season.

It's not like on a Saturday or Sunday when you won't drop someone who's played for you for 8 years for someone who's going to turn up for a few weeks then bugger off... this is England. Vardy has as much right to play as anyone.

Never liked Hodgson, never wanted him as manager, utter twat. I just cant wait until the Euro's are over so he can do one what are those comments, he should be happy to be in the squad like, as if he is lucky to be there, he's done more in one game than your wonderboy Rooney has done all season. Please England provide us with a manager who can actually provide a bit of life to English football, because as a fan im sick of watching and listening to this pillock. 

How I would love this. Hodgson's gone right down in my estimation after what he said today.

And mine. Always thought he was dour and conservative, now I think he's both of those and a bit of an arse. Today just completely confirms that he's a yes-man.

I'm not discrediting Delph, but all he's ever achieved is at very average clubs, and now he's had his 'big move' he's a shoe in? I just can't possibly fathom the mentality of Hodgson and even the FA.

Surely you must see the irony in this post?

Basically he just said Rooney and Kane are undroppable. What an idiot.

Ridiculous.

There seems to be a complete obsession with only playing players who have come through the age groups even if they are way too inexperienced to play internationally. Players like Dier and Alli haven't really done an awful lot in their careers but they're thrust straight in because they've been through 'the system'. It's not rocket science, you pick the players who are consistently performing the best. It's embarrassing how quickly age group players are given full call ups as soon as they've played a few games on the premier league.

There's little point in Vardy being on the team if they won't play him where he lines up best. England do this all the time and is the reason we never have a chance at winning anything or at least compete with the top countries.

England and the FA continue to disappoint

Ridiculous.

There seems to be a complete obsession with only playing players who have come through the age groups even if they are way too inexperienced to play internationally. Players like Dier and Alli haven't really done an awful lot in their careers but they're thrust straight in because they've been through 'the system'. It's not rocket science, you pick the players who are consistently performing the best. It's embarrassing how quickly age group players are given full call ups as soon as they've played a few games on the premier league.

Reading more into this, what has Drinky got to do to get a call up ahead of the players you mentioned?

I got thinking about this. As we all know the second Sturridge and Welbeck are fit they will be straight into the England squad... But I was just checking their Club forms and they're a bit shaky for 'first choice' strikers:

Welbeck - since 2008(!) Played 142, Scored 30! Nuff said.

Sturridge - since 2006(!!) Played 154, Scored 63. better but aside from 2013 season with Suarez pretty average and in the last 2 seasons he's only played 15 games and scored 6!

Scary that they're who we're waiting for! :nono:

Archived