Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

- the interest is probably legitimate, every club with a realistic chance of signing him will have him on their radar

- he won't go this season

- he won't be our player next season

- the new contract wasn't about protecting our asset: he gets paid more in the meantime and when he inevitably goes (almost certainly next summer) we will be able to command a large fee

That link to their forum - Do people now understand why I dislike Arsenal (Now all clubs have their dickheads fans, but on a whole in my experience there are more like that than not when it comes to Arsenal) add to that the willy puller that is Wenger, I don't think I need to go on.

Standard Arsenal though...Trying to sign an injured player. (I know we don't know the ins and outs of his injury, probably isn't that bad but i'm being sarcastic and poking fun at their track record of signing injured players and players at Arsenal being injured so often - For some reason people don't get my sarcasm...)

£5m is absolutely mental.

Mahrez is one of the most in-form players in the PL (before yesterday, anyway), he has just signed a new contract, and the transfer window is about to close. If he is sold this window, the fee will have to be astronomical.

If his contract has a release clause less than £25m, then someone at the club needs a lobotomy.

If his asking price was £5m, then I'm sure we'd already have bids from every single PL club, and most Championship clubs.

Our owners are billionaires and associates of the thai royal family, how are we not flush with cash?

We are financially secure as a club. It's just the Arsenal fans that think we're little old Leicester that are skint and need to sell to achieve because we're not a 'big' team.

Our only problem is Mahrez's head will probably turn and if a bid is made he will more than likely want to atleast see what's offered on the table. But there is one thing I do know, we won't sell him for £5m.

I thought our owners are billionaires and associates of the thai royal family, how are we not flush with cash? I could be wrong :S

Well let's put things in perspective... They were talking about the likes of signing karem benzema a week ago...

Arsenal FC in 2015. Leicester attacker is top of Frenchman's shopping list before window closes on Tuesday

Arsenal Football Club

Arsenal transfer news and rumours

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is ready to swoop to land Leicester's Riyad Mahrez following the Algerian's superb start to the season.

• Walcott is not the answer to Arsenal's striker problems

The 24-year-old attacker can play out wide or off the main striker and his versatility is something which has caught Wenger's eye - according to the Star.

Mahrez has been linked with a £5m switch to either Roma or Villarreal but could be tempted to stay in the Premier League and try his luck with one of the bigger teams.

Mahrez secured victory for Leicester.

Mahrez has been key to Leicester's fantastic start this season as they remain unbeaten under Claudio Ranieri.

He only signed a fresh deal a couple of weeks ago, but Arsenal are hopeful that their financial weight could persuade Leicester to part ways with one of their star assets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Leicester insist Mahrez is not for sale, but could be swayed if a big offer is made.

Wenger believes he is one of the most exciting talents in the league and, when asked about the chances of signing him where, he said: “I can’t predict what will happen.

“I am optimistic and we’re working on it.

“We have Danny Welbeck and Jack Wilshere out and you always want to add goalscorers to your squad.”

This was in the telegraph and I'm on me mobile so I don't know how to quote, ect....

Arsenal FC in 2015. Leicester attacker is top of Frenchman's shopping list before window closes on Tuesday

Arsenal Football Club

Arsenal transfer news and rumours

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is ready to swoop to land Leicester's Riyad Mahrez following the Algerian's superb start to the season.

• Walcott is not the answer to Arsenal's striker problems

The 24-year-old attacker can play out wide or off the main striker and his versatility is something which has caught Wenger's eye - according to the Star.

Mahrez has been linked with a £5m switch to either Roma or Villarreal but could be tempted to stay in the Premier League and try his luck with one of the bigger teams.

Mahrez secured victory for Leicester.

Mahrez has been key to Leicester's fantastic start this season as they remain unbeaten under Claudio Ranieri.

He only signed a fresh deal a couple of weeks ago, but Arsenal are hopeful that their financial weight could persuade Leicester to part ways with one of their star assets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Leicester insist Mahrez is not for sale, but could be swayed if a big offer is made.

Wenger believes he is one of the most exciting talents in the league and, when asked about the chances of signing him where, he said: “I can’t predict what will happen.

“I am optimistic and we’re working on it.

“We have Danny Welbeck and Jack Wilshere out and you always want to add goalscorers to your squad.”

This was in the telegraph and I'm on me mobile so I don't know how to quote, ect....

This?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11833523/Wenger-ready-to-abandon-Benzema-in-favour-of-50-million-hitman.html

Archived