Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

To be honest if you told me that Riyad Mahrez would play for Barcelona at some point in his career, I would be surprised, but not completely shocked. The lad has the potential to go to the very top.

However, for now, we are the perfect club for him to be developing. He is playing week in week out in one of the most watched leagues in the world, for a team which is progressing in a positive direction. He comes across as a shy man and I feel that a move to a 'big clubs' bench too soon would stop his progression.

If he stays with us for this season and next season, he will leave a much better player, and will have all leicester fans wishing him all the luck in his journey to the very top.

He wont go to a top European club until he puts in a season full of 70-90 minutes games without waining..

Well as he has been linked as a bench warmer lol.

Sure they don't give a shit if he can play 90mins. Even as a Leicester fan if I was good enough to make it. Barca are the one club I would leave city for.

Well as he has been linked as a bench warmer lol.

Sure they don't give a shit if he can play 90mins. Even as a Leicester fan if I was good enough to make it. Barca are the one club I would leave city for.

I am saying, no top club will put in an offer..bcos of.!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3225007/Barcelona-considering-shock-swoop-form-Leicester-City-winger-Riyad-Mahrez.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Leicester City winger Riyad Mahrez is a surprise candidate to replace Pedro at Barcelona.

The 24-year-old Algeria international played a pivotal role in keeping Leicester in the Premier League last season and has started off well again in this campaign too.

Barcelona scouts have been alerted to his performances and plan to watch him again over the coming weeks.

2BEAE57F00000578-0-image-a-1_14416196963

Leicester City winger Riyad Mahrez has emerged as a shock transfer target for La Liga giants Barcelona

2BC47C5E00000578-0-image-a-2_14416196988

The 24-year-old Algeria international played a pivotal role in keeping Leicester in Premier League last season

Mahrez, who was born in France, moved to Leicester from Le Havre in January 2014 for £350,000 and has already attracted attention from rival Premier League sides including Arsenal.

He was plucked from the obscurity of France’s second division and has scored four Premier League goals to lead the charts this season with Swansea's Bafetimbi Gomis.

The winger has helped Leicester maintain their unbeaten start to the season and they are currently third in the table after taking eight points from their opening four matches.

Mahrez signed a new four-year contract with the Foxes last month, tying him to the club until June 2019.

2BCBC5EF00000578-0-image-a-4_14416198330

Barcelona are keen on improving attacking ranks after selling Pedro to Premier League champions Chelsea

2BC746A600000578-0-Manchester_City_winge

Manchester City winger Jesus Navas, who played in La Liga with Sevilla, is another name on the list

Barcelona, who see their transfer embargo lifted in January, have drawn up an extensive list of targets to replace Pedro, who signed for Premier League champions Chelsea in the summer.

Manchester City winger Jesus Navas, who could fall down the pecking order following the arrivals of Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne, and Nolito from Celta Vigo are other contenders.  

Arsenal's Theo Walcott is another player that has also been mentioned but that move is considered unlikely at this stage.

The Catalan giants have already secured the services of Turkey star Arda Turan but it is believed the club want to strengthen their attacking ranks. 

Luis Enrique's side have begun the defence of their La Liga title in expected fashion and have won their opening two fixtures. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3225007/Barcelona-considering-shock-swoop-form-Leicester-City-winger-Riyad-Mahrez.html#ixzz3l34UQ4Fg 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

****ing hell. 

I'd love to see him go there at the end of the season. When a team like Barcelona come knocking, you've gotta sell just for the lads potential. 

The story is rubbish for starters, no sources and Barca have let players better than Mahrez go.  Also I don't understand why people would be happy to see our best player go because it's a team like Barca, I don't ever want him to leave as he's a great talent that we won't be able to replace with whatever fee we get.

The club should put an over the top Porto style release clause, 40m.

Last year I was fortunate to get a complimentary VIP ticket to the emirates and I was frequently asked who is that guy? Word goes around so the gooners obviously liked him but I don't think it's any more than fans talk filtering up the ranks.

But Barcelona. At what price would you be happy to sell (20 million may only buy two players) or who in return within the deal?

Are Barcelona allowed to approach players while under a transfer ban?

Yes, They signed Turan but he isn't allowed to play until January.  I doubt they are in for him as Barca buy players when they are young that could be worth something or at the top of their game when they pay over the odds.

Archived