Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

I know it most probably doesn't mean anything but I hope it settles your nerves a little.

http://www.allarsenal.com/2015/08/arsenalrumours/arsenal-blow-as-manager-states-target-has-no-price/

CR said last week that he wasn't for sale.  This is being based off of a Daily Star piece which then other outlets have copied and added to to make more of a story.  If the club were open to selling he would've gone long ago.  

If Wenger wants a bargain he should come to my market stall. Cos there's no way we'll be selling Mahrez at some sort of garage sale price. In commercial terms he's a "certified diamond" and it's not as if we're holding him at Hatton Garden!

Wenger would need to come up with his own sparklers to tempt us but I'm sure our owners know there's no way we'll break into high grade European football by selling our prize assets every time there's a few noughts on the bidding price.

Given normal luck, Mahrez will remain an appreciating asset for a good while yet - especially in what has every chance of being an appreciating team in terms of status and market value.

We've no need to sell at all and certainly not on anything but our own terms and in our own time...unless, for some reason, we've handicapped ourselves with a cut price buyout clause and i can't imagine that with owners as commercially experienced as ours.    

Lmao omg omg someone stop this am gonna die of lolling so much muhahahhaaaaaa

Funny thing some of my Manchester city fans have said they would take him for 40mil next season haha

At one point, I can see Manchester City paying like 55 million Euro for a regular bench player.

Oh, wait...

More chance of Arsenal signing Danny Simpson!

People on the outside don't realise how rich our owners (and their supposed partners are!)

We don't need money

'Supposed partners'. Do we know any more about this Albert or is it just rumour? I always considered the amounts they were effectively writing off were too high for people who own a company the size of king power and their published apparent wealth.

'Supposed partners'. Do we know any more about this Albert or is it just rumour? I always considered the amounts they were effectively writing off were too high for people who own a company the size of king power and their published apparent wealth.

I doubt they have the same audits and companies house checks in Thailand as here so what they show will only be a fraction of the actual wealth.

Is that definitely the case?? If so, doesn't that make us the wealthiest club in the world in relation to money we can get our hands on??

Nothing more than speculation.

Owners are wealthy enough on their own. £70m on a private jet says it all.

Nothing more than speculation.

Owners are wealthy enough on their own. £70m on a private jet says it all.

A jet is a saleable asset. a football club isn't if you want to recoup your outlay. Ask randy learner.

Anyway, we will never know for sure but can only judge based on our outlay against income and whether we do refuse to sell any of the players we would rather keep unless ridiculous offers come in. Every player has a price.

A jet is a saleable asset. a football club isn't if you want to recoup your outlay. Ask randy learner.

Anyway, we will never know for sure but can only judge based on our outlay against income and whether we do refuse to sell any of the players we would rather keep unless ridiculous offers come in. Every player has a price.

I would say the club is currently a very sellable asset. It would take £120m minimum to buy an established prem team.

Point is, if you have £70m spare for a jet... Then you have a good amount of money. They are billionaires. Their spending hasn't been outlandish, they have enough money to run the club as it's currently being run.

I would say the club is currently a very sellable asset. It would take £120m minimum to buy an established prem team.

Point is, if you have £70m spare for a jet... Then you have a good amount of money. They are billionaires. Their spending hasn't been outlandish, they have enough money to run the club as it's currently being run.

The owners apart from having a bit of fun with football see the club as an investment not to earn them money directly but via the various spin offs.

How many business deals were signed by them and thier associates when we played man u, chelsea etc last season.  Hell of a clincher,"accept the deal and we'll sign the paperwork over a meal before we watch Man U"

A 30 second advert on ITV costs about £100k at prime time.  Work it out for yourself how much King Power across MotD, Sky, all the papers etc etc etc is worth.  All out games are on TV in Thailand and the far east.

They have a huge amount of wealth but they aren't peeing up the wall chasing champions league at any price.  They have a clear strategy but the the team will have to pay its way.  A good fa cup run would be worth tens, if not hundreds of millions to the KP empire.

Others are in the same boat.  Oil isn't going to last forever, the oil rich countries have got to find something else, hence Pan Am and Lufthansa have been replaced with emirates, etihad and air asia -tourism and travel is where they think the money is  Football is a "cheap" way of getting your brand out there to millions quickly.

Just to say that when you buy a jet, you don't have to turn up with a suitcase full of pound coins!

I guarantee that they haven't handed over 70 million quid.

The brand awareness is certainly a huge reason to get involved in a PL club. Think this thread is off on a tangent

I doubt it's on £200 a month HP. Again, point being poor people don't buy £70m private jets no matter how they are paying.

I agree with everyone. We don't need to sell and will probably refuse all offers...

But what happens if Mahrez hands in a transfer request?

(Unlikely, I know, right now. But this IS a discussion board...)

It'll be rejected without a doubt (like j stones) even if we keep him till end of the season, if he finish the season like he has starte it he will be going for big money, we need him here as long as possible tbf though, great player

I agree with everyone. We don't need to sell and will probably refuse all offers...

But what happens if Mahrez hands in a transfer request?

(Unlikely, I know, right now. But this IS a discussion board...)

I'm a strong beliver of not wanting unhappy players at the club, if that was the case as much as i'd be sad to see him go and it'd be bad for the team it'd be arguably just as bad to keep him here/have an unhappy player here.

That said I think he's happy here and would realise he needs to stay here for atleast another year. I think he's quite a shy lad, who can quite easily lack confidence, he could throw his career away by leaving for a top club at this moment. We are/A club our size is the perfect club for him at the moment.

Archived