Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

The forward’s scored 11 goals and made eight assists in 58 appearances for Leicester and is apparently so valuable to the club that they’re refusing to sell him.

However, with his asking price only at around £5m, it’d be hard for the fellow Premier League team to turn down the type of offer we could bring to the table.

Why on earth would we sell him, the owners are extremely wealthy and have big plans for the club.

According to those Arsenal fans we're not flush with cash though. It's how us smaller teams operate

Why on earth would we sell him, the owners are extremely wealthy and have big plans for the club.

No need to sell if the owners don't want to.  But the right price and pressure from Riyad to move to Arsenal could force the club's hand.  None of us know what he is really worth in the market, but I am sure from what is being paid it is north of 10 mil.  does the club want to sell him, I am sure not.  Is there any real interest from Wenger?  who knows, but if their is then it could be hard to hold him as long as we get fair market value.

Just read this.....Some balanced comments on there, but still have the neandethal few who seem to think teams like Leicester turn up in cars, get changed behind the hedge and play in borrowed kit!!

I agree, that's because these individuals think  any team outside the big smoke is worth fack orl

Oh wow. Highlights include:

The answer would be money. They reportedly bought him for half a million one year ago, he's worth around 5 million today. If we offer them 10 Million, they will sell.  

Why would Leicester sell their most influential player? Hes already scored more than all our lot put together

Because Leicester are not a club that's flush with cash and because they could reinvest some of the fee in strengthening their squad to ensure survival. It's how smaller clubs work.

If we wanted Mahrez, we would have him playing for us already. Non story.

You expect fans of 'big' teams to be somewhat disconnected from the realities of life but wow that guy actually said we'd sell up for £10m. lol

I would like to think its bollocks, but the story is everywhere and even in places there are quotes from whinger saying he is optomistic about signing him and working on the deal. They are struggling to score......... Still, don't think we will sell just yet.

You expect fans of 'big' teams to be somewhat disconnected from the realities of life but wow that guy actually said we'd sell up for £10m. lol

There are also nutters in here saying we wouldn't sell him for £40m. Mentalists everywhere these days

An Arse fan forum though surely is a breeding ground for those absolute cvnts who claim to support the big fashionable team with nice kits when really they know jack about 'their' team or football in general. I work with enough man u 'fans' to know how clueless glory hunters are.

Why would Marhez want to go to Arsenal?

From what I've read, he would be cover for two injured players, so the assumption is he would be straight out of the team once they are fit.

Do Arsenal really think we are going to swoon over a few quid transfer fee?  We have no need to sell financially and I don't think it's the right move for the player.  He would do better continuing his good form here.

Eventually he will want to move, unless we become Champions League contenders, but this probably won't be soon.  Otherwise, why would he sign a 4 year contract?

Another thing, I think most of our success this season is down to Marhez.  He has been our major creativity and goal threat.  Without him we would not be in the top half of the table

This probably won't and definitely shouldn't be allowed to happen.

I'm sure there'll be a release clause in Mahrez's contract for a certain transfer fee so it doesn't matter what we think he's worth, he'll go for whatever that fee is. 

I think he'll stay until the end of the season though.

You do have to laugh at the naivity of some of those Arsenal comments. Presumably there's some truth in the interest though and the reason we were so keen to furnish the player with a long contract.

Thankfully I doubt our owners feel under any pressure to sell if they don't chose to although whatever our fans might wish everyone has a price and so long as we have an equal or better replacement or replacements then, depending on our options, it may be an excellent time to sell.

But we need to be careful. There's absolutely no mileage in selling one of our top players without the right replacement. It's no use us thinking we can do without him or replace him some other day. The only argument for selling an asset when you don't have to is to finance a noticeable improvement.    

I'm sure there'll be a release clause in Mahrez's contract for a certain transfer fee so it doesn't matter what we think he's worth, he'll go for whatever that fee is.

I think he'll stay until the end of the season though.

Do you not think the fee might be 'what we think he's worth'?

Unless when you say 'we', you mean the members of FT?

Archived