Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

I agree with everyone. We don't need to sell and will probably refuse all offers...

But what happens if Mahrez hands in a transfer request?

(Unlikely, I know, right now. But this IS a discussion board...)

There won't even be an offer from Arsenal, this is such a bull plop story I don't even know we're to start. Nobody, I repeat nobody, other then the Star got these quotes. Ask yourself why? He does press conferences with dozens of reporters from every paper and station...yet none of them reported it.

The quotes were also massively generic, and even if they were said, it could have just been about signing players in general. I doubt Wenger would be talking about specific players like that.

Way too much that screams shite to even worry.

Anyway... Back to Mahrez lol. Tbh there is a link with what ur all talking about as we CLEARLY dont need the money so to lose our potentially most valuable player long term at a time like this when were going in the right direction would be stupid. Although a £40m + bid would make them think twice im guessing

There won't even be an offer from Arsenal, this is such a bull plop story I don't even know we're to start. Nobody, I repeat nobody, other then the Star got these quotes. Ask yourself why? He does press conferences with dozens of reporters from every paper and station...yet none of them reported it.

The quotes were also massively generic, and even if they were said, it could have just been about signing players in general. I doubt Wenger would be talking about specific players like that.

Way too much that screams shite to even worry.

This all over. Why would wenger have a one on one meeting with the daily star and talk. Also the quote is so ambiguous it could have been about anybody and tbey have just shoe horned it into a paragraph about riyad.

Anyway... Back to Mahrez lol. Tbh there is a link with what ur all talking about as we CLEARLY dont need the money so to lose our potentially most valuable player long term at a time like this when were going in the right direction would be stupid. Although a £40m + bid would make them think twice im guessing

He's good but if anyone offered over £40m+ for any of our players the owners would fly them there themselves.

A £5m offer by Arsenal wouldn't turn Mahrez's head. That valuation means that they don't consider him anywhere near a first team player and probably wouldn't make the bench.

A £40m offer does turn his head regardless of whether Leicester don't want to sell even at that price. If we get an offer like that for one of our players we are almost forced to sell as it's unfair (for want of a better word) to keep a player at Leicester when he could play for a team that pays £40m for players.

He's good but if anyone offered over £40m+ for any of our players the owners would fly them there themselves.

lol no doubt in the owners new £70M jet too.

A £5m offer by Arsenal wouldn't turn Mahrez's head. That valuation means that they don't consider him anywhere near a first team player and probably wouldn't make the bench.

A £40m offer does turn his head regardless of whether Leicester don't want to sell even at that price. If we get an offer like that for one of our players we are almost forced to sell as it's unfair (for want of a better word) to keep a player at Leicester when he could play for a team that pays £40m for players.

I don't personally think Mahrez will hand a request in.

He'll know that he can perform greatly at this level and is having the best period of his career thus far, but will understand that he'll probably be a 'bit part' player if he goes to them.

I don't personally think Mahrez will hand a request in.

He'll know that he can perform greatly at this level and is having the best period of his career thus far, but will understand that he'll probably be a 'bit part' player if he goes to them.

. Good point well made. He seems extremely happy here

Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo are doing one of their things where they link a hatful of players with a move to Barcelona. Arsenal are usually dragged in and this is no exception. Mundo Deportivo say that last week Arsene Wenger was really keen to sign Riyad Mahrez for Arsenal.

It's widely thought that Arsenal could have done with adding a striker to their squad before the transfer window closed, especially with the subsequent operation to Danny Welbeck, something which was known about at the time. Mundo Deportivo say that Arsenal really wanted the Leicester City player and Wenger was insistent on his signing. His unhappiness at not getting the player didn't extend to simply paying enough to make sure he did. 

For whatever reason, Arsenal were clearly unable to get Mahrez from Leicester City and the player's good start to the season has been attracting interest elsewhere too. Mundo Deportivo say that Mahrez is a possible option for Barcelona as they look for a content bench warmer.

Barcelona want a player who will be happy to play a bit part and come on as substitute for Lionel Messi, Neymar, or Luis Suarez. Wenger may have been looking for the Leicester player to do a similar role for Arsenal and now with Barcelona linked it would appear Mahrez's profile is set to rise. The 24 year old just needs to keep up the good form.

Arsenal were linked heavily to Mahrez in the British press last week as an alternative to other targets which hadn't quite come off for Wenger. 

Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo are doing one of their things where they link a hatful of players with a move to Barcelona. Arsenal are usually dragged in and this is no exception. Mundo Deportivo say that last week Arsene Wenger was really keen to sign Riyad Mahrez for Arsenal.

It's widely thought that Arsenal could have done with adding a striker to their squad before the transfer window closed, especially with the subsequent operation to Danny Welbeck, something which was known about at the time. Mundo Deportivo say that Arsenal really wanted the Leicester City player and Wenger was insistent on his signing. His unhappiness at not getting the player didn't extend to simply paying enough to make sure he did. 

For whatever reason, Arsenal were clearly unable to get Mahrez from Leicester City and the player's good start to the season has been attracting interest elsewhere too. Mundo Deportivo say that Mahrez is a possible option for Barcelona as they look for a content bench warmer.

Barcelona want a player who will be happy to play a bit part and come on as substitute for Lionel Messi, Neymar, or Luis Suarez. Wenger may have been looking for the Leicester player to do a similar role for Arsenal and now with Barcelona linked it would appear Mahrez's profile is set to rise. The 24 year old just needs to keep up the good form.

Arsenal were linked heavily to Mahrez in the British press last week as an alternative to other targets which hadn't quite come off for Wenger. 

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/wenger-insisted-on-signing-mahrez-last-week-unhappy-now-barcelona

Archived