Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

I think the sensible thing would be to let someone else take our next pen. Keeps the pressure off Mahrez.

The guy is class, just lacking in confidence currently.

Claudio said Mahrez can take the next pen or, if he's not feeling confident, can give it to someone else.

Apparently Mahrez was distraught while on the bench next to Claudio, with Claudio telling him it's not the end of the world.

Seems a confidence player, and I bet our fans are helping!

It was the last minutes of a world cup final. Messi, one of the greatest, took a free kick (last chance for his national team) and shot it wide off-target. He would have been slaughtered on such forum. Better give the guy some comfort to regain his confidence and perform better.

Claudio said Mahrez can take the next pen or, if he's not feeling confident, can give it to someone else.

Apparently Mahrez was distraught while on the bench next to Claudio, with Claudio telling him it's not the end of the world.

Seems a confidence player, and I bet our fans are helping!

Ah well, let's miss a third penalty before learning our lesson. It's not a matter of confidence, it's down to technique and seeing as the technique's predictably failed twice in successive, confidence has plunged too. The same technique won't be any better next time. Yes, he might score but the flaw will show again without a change of approach. LeTissier's still around. Get him down to teach someone to take penalties properly - even Mahrez if he'll listen.     

Could argue that his confidence has been down before the missed pens. Or even, as Claudio suggested, the first missed pen was more a great save than a shit pen.

Nevertheless, how many has he scored for us from the penalty spot? Seems rash to ditch him after two, or if we take Claudio's view only one, bad pen.

Obviously on the next pen, if he decides he's confident enough, and misses it in the same poor way, I'm all for giving it to someone else.

Our reaction to this seems disproportional, especially given how important he's been for the team this season. I'd say he deserves our support.

Do you support Leicester City or just Riyad Mahrez ? We are not all having a pop at RM, some of us just think it would be better to let someone else take the pens. That would probably be better for LCFC AND Riyad as he is a confidence player and at the moment that confidence looks a little low.

I agree 100% to take him off pens. As a matter of fact I wanted him off penalties altogether since he missed in the cup and it is logical to give it to Vardy the highest goal scorer. That isn't the issue , the issue from my perspective is some genius fans who keep moaning and complaining how Mahrez lost them 4pts without consideration and support. Ok let say Ryad cost u 4pts who cost u then the 12 other pts or so lost If u r not happy what u already got? What about the pts he earned u? How about the 2 games he scored on pens 6 pts? Not to mention the goals and assist thrown out of the window? All am asking is real support total support if not for Ryad then for the team. I always said LC was a good environment team but some fans here are not up to that level unfortunately. As for the other members talking about desert animals and trying to be funny I really have no comments :)

I agree 100% to take him off pens. As a matter of fact I wanted him off penalties altogether since he missed in the cup and it is logical to give it to Vardy the highest goal scorer. That isn't the issue , the issue from my perspective is some genius fans who keep moaning and complaining how Mahrez lost them 4pts without consideration and support. Ok let say Ryad cost u 4pts who cost u then the 12 other pts or so lost If u r not happy what u already got? What about the pts he earned u? How about the 2 games he scored on pens 6 pts? Not to mention the goals and assist thrown out of the window? All am asking is real support total support if not for Ryad then for the team. I always said LC was a good environment team but some fans here are not up to that level unfortunately. As for the other members talking about desert animals and trying to be funny I really have no comments :)

If you agree to not let him take any more penalties why be so sarcastic and say well let's see what happens when we get another one.

Nobody is saying RM is not a good player and from what I've been reading he gets total support from almost everyone on FT, and we all know what he contributes to the team. Don't take it all so personally.

Could argue that his confidence has been down before the missed pens. Or even, as Claudio suggested, the first missed pen was more a great save than a shit pen.

Nevertheless, how many has he scored for us from the penalty spot? Seems rash to ditch him after two, or if we take Claudio's view only one, bad pen.

Obviously on the next pen, if he decides he's confident enough, and misses it in the same poor way, I'm all for giving it to someone else.

Our reaction to this seems disproportional, especially given how important he's been for the team this season. I'd say he deserves our support.

He has scored 4 out of 7.

That ratio is not good enough.

People moaning or commenting about his defensive ability need to have a look at some stats. total defensive score over Albrighton 82 / 24? other sites have him as the better rated definsively as well, and lets not forget Mahrez has SImpson and De Leat for 5 games who are apparently inferior to Fushs but again looking at the stats Simpson is having a cracker.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/riyad_m.....

kantes stats are unreal.

13 goals, 7 assists and player of the month! I think we can cut the lad a bit of slack for a couple of off games!

Without him we would be bottom half of the table!

Even the best players miss pens, messi, Ronaldo et al

I'm all for the goals and assists - just shed the penalties. That technique will never work well enough.   

People moaning or commenting about his defensive ability need to have a look at some stats. total defensive score over Albrighton 82 / 24? other sites have him as the better rated definsively as well, and lets not forget Mahrez has SImpson and De Leat for 5 games who are apparently inferior to Fushs but again looking at the stats Simpson is having a cracker.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/riyad_m.....

kantes stats are unreal.

What does 'defensive score' include? Mahrez doesn't defend like Albrighton does, a reason why he wasn't picked every week last season. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, Villa had a half chance where Mahrez was sleeping at the back post.

I think somewhere I read that backend of last year our conversion rate was highest in the league at something like 20%. So that's 1 in 5 chances we scored. At Liverpool and since then I don't see us making too many real chances in games and so it's inevitable that our scoring has dropped off. I think the key question is whether that 20% conversion rate is really representative of the team over the course of a season?

I think somewhere I read that backend of last year our conversion rate was highest in the league at something like 20%. So that's 1 in 5 chances we scored. At Liverpool and since then I don't see us making too many real chances in games and so it's inevitable that our scoring has dropped off. I think the key question is whether that 20% conversion rate is really representative of the team over the course of a season?

Take a look again at the games...good chances and a few, were there.Also like the villa game if you dont take them, the game developes differently, and takes various turns.

Creating still isnt our problem, its finishing them.Plus not being clinical to open up that other chance. All teams go through dips.Too many on here are chasing explanations

and go far too much in detail.

I dont like myself, going over the top on players, but Shinji and Ulloa, playing in that sort out roll, have been more guilty than most, for not being sharp, or clinical enough, around the box.

Its not if its an occasional slip up, its lack of form.Vardy and Mahrez were guilty last season, they turned it around.

He has scored 4 out of 7.

That ratio is not good enough.

Eh, fair enough, I had forgot about the other one. I'd still cut the guy some slack, and offer more support - as opposed to angrily snatching the pen taker position off him as most seem to want to do - given his tremendous impact on our success this season.

Not sure what Ranieri's doing then. He had said he'd let Mahrez decide if he's feeling confident enough, and also said to take a rest from them for a while, although it could be both, I guess.

Eh, fair enough, I had forgot about the other one. I'd still cut the guy some slack, and offer more support - as opposed to angrily snatching the pen taker position off him as most seem to want to do - given his tremendous impact on our success this season.

Not sure what Ranieri's doing then. He had said he'd let Mahrez decide if he's feeling confident enough, and also said to take a rest from them for a while, although it could be both, I guess.

Oh come on he's a grown man. He's missed two penalties and now someone else is going to take them. Hardly the end of the world !

I think it's how he took the last two, the villa one it was almost like he couldn't be bothered and certainly had no direction or power which is why it got saved.

Love reading all the comments on here and I probably spend way too long checking for updates too! Anyway, just wanted to pitch in to the debate. I'm as disappointed as anyone at the way we seem to have dipped; I was at the Bournemouth game and there was a clear lack of energy from the off. However, I think our success has been built on the superb backing we've been giving our team ever since we went on that crazy run last year. What has been obvious to me is that the fans seem to be quieter and showing the nerves, which I think spreads to the players. I think we need to get behind them 100% and let them relax..if we lose a couple, as long as we keep the support up, I think they'll come through it. I can't believe the reaction to Mahrez both here and at the match.. Yes, I thought he'd miss against Bournemouth and I want someone else to take the penalties, but let Ranieri deal with that.. Show the guy we are right behind him; without his form before Christmas, we would be mid table at best. Keep the faith!

Archived