Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

• 2 weeks later...

12670082_10153887934422769_2532395042189

As a sport photographer myself, this is an awesome winner shot! Perfect timing and positioning for such an action that every Liecester fan can remember. You really need to be skillful and extremely lucky (positioning and clearance) to capture such action. 5stars shot!

12670082_10153887934422769_2532395042189

I still want to see a close up/better angle of what he did. All views I've seen are too far away! :(

P.s I genuinely thought it was a Newcastle player on first glance of the picture!

We just don’t know what to think anymore. By almost all common statistical measures, Riyad Mahrez had an absolute mare against Manchester City. He touched the ball only 28 times, registered a woeful 46.7% pass completion rate, had only one shot, created only one chance and made no tackles or interceptions. And yet he scored one goal and made another. I have not felt this discombobulated since finding that VHS video behind the TV on babysitting duty.

Let's see what Garth Crooks thinks

Gotta love the Last couple of lines

Seven games without a goal, but when you can finish like Riyad Mahrez who cares? He provided the cross for Robert Huth to score Leicester's opener. Mahrez then proceeded to waltz round Martin Demichelis to score a fabulous goal and put the game well and truly beyond Manchester City.

At this point it suddenly occurred to me that this lad only cost Leicester City £400,000, while Manchester City's Raheem Sterling cost £49m. Which rather begs the question 'how does football come to terms with such a difference in value between two almost identical players?' What's more - and it aggrieves me to say it - on this showing, Mahrez looks a better player.

Archived