Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

IT'S OFFICIAL - Wales Are Better Than England

People saying England lack passion because they don't run around like Wales, or any other team of similar quality is a bit of flawed argument. England don't play that style of football. Teams sit back against us, especially against lower quality opponents in the qualifiers.

I'm not saying that England don't lack passion, but style of football isn't an argument for or against it. If England came up against France or Germany, I think you'd see a more dynamic performance. However, maybe not.

On another note, I love to see the Welsh, N.Irish and Rep Ireland do well, however I can't stand to see Scotland do well. They love to see us fail and are so bitter about us I just can't bring myself to see them do well.

Would love to know how one of those English players would feel coming up against England in a knockout game at the euros. How would they feel stepping up for a penalty for example? English through and through but playing for Wales because there grandma was born in Wales

Would love to know how one of those English players would feel coming up against England in a knockout game at the euros. How would they feel stepping up for a penalty for example? English through and through but playing for Wales because there grandma was born in Wales

You're assuming the being born in England means they are English through and through. They may have had a strong Welsh influence in their up bringing, or even moved there at a young age. 

• Like 1

You're assuming the being born in England means they are English through and through. They may have had a strong Welsh influence in their up bringing, or even moved there at a young age.

Well Ashley Williams was brought up in Wolverhampton and Andy King was brought up near London?

Well Ashley Williams was brought up in Wolverhampton and Andy King was brought up near London?

I know plenty of people born and brought up in Leicester who follow India or Pakistan in Cricket and strongly identify with the country and it's culture. Just because Williams grew up in Birmingham doesn't mean he wasn't brought up by a Welsh family. You're talking like growing up their parents would have been St George's flag waving, grunting EDL members and he couldn't possibly contemplate pulling a Wales shirt on v England. 

I know plenty of people born and brought up in Leicester who follow India or Pakistan in Cricket and strongly identify with the country and it's culture. Just because Williams grew up in Birmingham doesn't mean he wasn't brought up by a Welsh family. You're talking like growing up their parents would have been St George's flag waving, grunting EDL members and he couldn't possibly contemplate pulling a Wales shirt on v England.

Right. Well a quick Google search and you will see that he is eligible for Wales through his grandmother