Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

IT'S OFFICIAL - Wales Are Better Than England

Except we've got more chance of winning the Euros than Liverpool have of winning the league.

I meant in terms of the point scoring and 'we're better than you but' etc etc. If you'd have added a childish insult in your reply, it could ALMOST pass as a Grandad comment lol.  

No offence.

Fair play to Wales, I wish we had a Gareth Bale.

The passion from their players, manager and coaching staff was pretty special to see. Never see that twat in charge of us get that passionate celebrating a Rooney goal.

Seriously think the last time I ever seen any passion from the players through celebration in a competitive match was when we beat Poland 2 nil at home to qualify for the World Cup. Rooney and Gerrard. Nothing from the Owl.

Edited by Grandad.

All jokes and all banter aside, that's pretty much the nail on the head.

I've been saying it for as long as I've posted on here. I've never seen a Wales side not put a shift in. They might be crap but they all give 100%. Dave Edwards was charging round the pitch last night like a man possessed. Your lot stroll around like they don't give a ****.

Your players are perfectly good enough they just treat England like a mix between a chore and a holiday camp. You act surprised when Costa Rica or whoever beat you, we all know they're crap on paper, they AREN'T underrated, they are crap footballers. But they're crap footballers that work their bollocks off.

Football rewards effort. Leicester beat United by putting a shift in, Greece won the euros putting a shift in, we're top of our group because we put a shift in and you all think Rooney is shit because he doesn't.

I'd much rather support Wales than England the same as I'd much rather support Leicester at the moment than any of these shit complacent twats like Tottenham or United that are disgracefully underperforming.

I know you can't pick your national team (except largeal like) and I don't blame you trying to cling to any bit of pride and be optimistic but anyone expecting me to be embarrassed or ashamed of this or any Welsh side is having an absolute laff. Population half of London and still producing Bales and Ramseys, that'll do me.

Next time you're crying that Rooney or Sterling isn't trying hard enough for England, turn over and look at Bale running himself in to the ground, carrying the team.

Simple fact is only two of the Wales lads who started last night get into the starting eleven for England, Bale and Ramsey, two that is it! Yet they're going to be ranked the 4th best side in the world, going to have come through top of a much more difficult qualifying group than England and have a lot more pride and passion within their squad, set-up and a much happier football nation.

We're going to win every single qualifying game, have conceded the least amount of goals and probably have scored the most amount of goals in qualifying yet we won't be happy, because deep down we all know we're underachieving or just not good enough.

Imagine our side with a Gareth Bale? Someone upfront with raw pace, power and desire to get his head on the end of every ball or beat a man with no fear that fans aren't going to boo him for losing the ball or the media are going to slate him because he hasn't scored. I haven't seen the Welsh headlined papers today but can imagine there isn't a single bad word said.

Rooney is a shadow of the kid in Portugal 11 years ago. 18 and wanting to beat every man in sight and score goals for his country, Sterling, The Ox, Barkley and Kane don't look half the player Rooney was all them years ago or Owen at that age.

Sooner we address how poor we are as a nation the ****ing better.

Simple fact is only two of the Wales lads who started last night get into the starting eleven for England, Bale and Ramsey, two that is it! Yet they're going to be ranked the 4th best side in the world, going to have come through top of a much more difficult qualifying group than England and have a lot more pride and passion within their squad, set-up and a much happier football nation.

We're going to win every single qualifying game, have conceded the least amount of goals and probably have scored the most amount of goals in qualifying yet we won't be happy, because deep down we all know we're underachieving or just not good enough.

Imagine our side with a Gareth Bale? Someone upfront with raw pace, power and desire to get his head on the end of every ball or beat a man with no fear that fans aren't going to boo him for losing the ball or the media are going to slate him because he hasn't scored. I haven't seen the Welsh headlined papers today but can imagine there isn't a single bad word said.

Rooney is a shadow of the kid in Portugal 11 years ago. 18 and wanting to beat every man in sight and score goals for his country, Sterling, The Ox, Barkley and Kane don't look half the player Rooney was all them years ago or Owen at that age.

Sooner we address how poor we are as a nation the ****ing better.

I'd take Williams in the England team too tbf

With Terry out of the reckoning, Ash Williams definitely walks in to the "UK" team at CB now, for me. Funny, really, given he's a Brummie. When Shawcross finally caves in we'll have a tidy defence of English reject centre backs!!

I'd be inclined to pick Joe Allen on his day too. I don't think you're overly flush with centre mids. Bale, Rambo, Allen, Williams, sounds about right.

Actually don't think Ben Davies is a hundred miles away, either. Think he's got a good future in the sport.

Edited by Finnegan

Ashley Williams isn't better than Stones or Cahill probably not even better than Jagielka for that matter. Sorry I know I've gave you some praise as a nation but let's not start being daft, you're a better collective team (because of togetherness and other factors) but individually only two players make the England side.

Joe Allen certainly doesn't make the side. And left back is one area we have 3 options, Ben Davies won't be ahead of Baines, Shaw or Gibbs anytime soon. Well maybe Baines, but Shaw for me could be one of the worlds best in a few years!

Edited by Grandad.

You only have to look at the team for this call up and then look at the team 10 years ago to realise the problem. Completely agree with all of the above, especially grandad lack of passion and talent, the problem is how has this happend, you cannot just blame the premier league as if your good enough your old enough. Is it the foreign players want it more than us?

loving finners banging on about pride and effort, conviniently forgetting their best ever player rarely ever had enough effort to fvcking show up, let alone play well.

Begs the question whether he was the best ever then...

It's an incredible achievement for Wales to be as high as this and I'm not sure why people seem so keen to knock it. I hope they have a great tournament and will be rooting be rooting for them when England inevitably fail, Scotland can get fúcked though.

It's a shame their (Wales) 'Premier League' is equivalent to League 1 here, and lack of TV coverage of their games.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

It's an incredible achievement for Wales to be as high as this and I'm not sure why people seem so keen to knock it. I hope they have a great tournament and will be rooting be rooting for them when England inevitably fail, Scotland can get fúcked though.

Why, then?

And what if Norn Iron qualify? Can they get fvcked as well?

Why, then?

And what if Norn Iron qualify? Can they get fvcked as well?

It was tongue in cheek, one of my closest friends is from Edinburgh and hibs fan, we give each other shit all the time. It would be unbearable if he got one up on me over international football.

It was tongue in cheek, one of my closest friends is from Edinburgh and hibs fan, we give each other shit all the time. It would be unbearable if he got one up on me over international football.

All good.

:)

Maybe it's my age, but as an Englishman living in Scotland, the son of a Northern Irish Dad, I just don't get why anyone would want the home nations to lose, except when England are playing them.

Jeez, I was even rooting for the Paddies in 94.

C'mon the home nations...

All good.

:)

Maybe it's my age, but as an Englishman living in Scotland, the son of a Northern Irish Dad, I just don't get why anyone would want the home nations to lose, except when England are playing them.

Jeez, I was even rooting for the Paddies in 94.

C'mon the home nations...

Yeah I can remember rooting for the paddies in USA, good ol'Jack and his flat cap, those were the days my friend. :)

Oh come on, everyone knows the ELO ranking is a far superior measure, which looks more accurate to you's:

FIFA                ELO               

1        Argentina        Germany

2         Belgium         Argentina

3        Germany           Brazil

4        Columbia      Netherlands

5           Brazil            Columbia

6         Portugal            Chile

7         Romania           Spain

8           Chile             England

9          Wales             France

10       England          Portugal      

For the ELO rankings Belgium are 11th, Romania is 25th and Wales are 43rd lol      

Oh come on, everyone knows the ELO ranking is a far superior measure, which looks more accurate to you's:

FIFA ELO

1 Argentina Germany

2 Belgium Argentina

3 Germany Brazil

4 Columbia Netherlands

5 Brazil Columbia

6 Portugal Chile

7 Romania Spain

8 Chile England

9 Wales France

10 England Portugal

For the ELO rankings Belgium are 11th, Romania is 25th and Wales are 43rd lol