Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Cheltenham 2016

I'm not sure when it happens but all (Terrestrial) horse racing is going to ITV.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/85380-horse-racing/?p=3689860

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/itv-set-to-replace-channel-4-as-racing-broadcaster/2012604/latest/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

What a sickening thought, if they take some of the C4 presenters with them ITV might just pull it off, but I fear it'll be awful, ITV cannot do sports coverage.

This doesn't surprise me. The producers of Channel 4 racing have brought this on themselves.

I deposited 30 quid at the start of the week and i've currently withdrawn 390 and still have my 30 quid for tomorrow.

Taken out my £70 winnings from today so i'm 460 up with my 30 quid still in my account for the weekend.

Super.

This doesn't surprise me. The producers of Channel 4 racing have brought this on themselves.

Thing is, i've read Channel 4 have lost it because ratings/popularity are down, i've also read apart from the big meetings, Cheltenham, e.t.c, most of the racing ITV are going to cover will be on ITV4 or one of their spin off channels, whatever it'll be, how that'll boost ratings and popularity of the sport I do not know.

I read earlier in the week Channel 4 had the record ratings for this weeks Cheltenham festival.

Like I said, I just hope ITV take some/all of the Channel 4 presenters with them, they might just stand a chance of making it a success otherwise it'll be shite and i'll be watching on ATR or other alternatives.

To put it simply, I just can't stand ITV's sport's coverage.

Had a decent day today. Only had 1 winner at Cheltenham on the fringe, but I had it in a £2 Trixie with one that romped in at fakenham and another at fakenham which was a non runner so got £71 off that. Invested a bit on dandrige e/w in the last @12s so got it up to about a ton up today. Put me up for the festival. Didn't really have too much of a go as not had much work, wish I did I would have been a few hundred up if I did but that's by the by great week.

Backed 2 9/2 winners on course. On the same day thistlecrack romped home and Vautour showed it's class again.

Had backed vautour to win any race at the festival back in Nov, same with don cossack so those 2 gave me 300 quid between them.

So overall I'm about 100 quid up in cash. After 4 days spending at the festival and made about 700 quid online and have 100 in freebets as well.

Lovely week. Want to do it again next year. But my mate maybe moving. Difficult to know what to do.

Early estimates sugest Cheltenham has cost bookies between 60-80 million I am sure they will get it back soon enough. 

They're slowly clawing it back off me already!

Did brilliant Cheltenham week, Yesterday and Today i've not had a sniff of a winner! lol

Long Run retired. Great horse and never got enough credit because he was up against Kauto so nobody ever wanted him to win lol. Won two King George's and a Gold Cup.

Imagine how good he could have been if he wasn't ridden by a twat of a dentist

Archived