Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

They don't make them loyal anymore. But if he went he can just fade somewhere else. Morgan, Drinkwater, Vardy Mahrez, King, James, Kasper.. these are our heroes, they won us the championship and got us into the prem, then they saved us from the biggest escape ever. I will never ever ever lose sight of that.

Our scouts can find someone else to do 5 yard passes backwards and forwards and sideways.

Kante??

What are you on about if you are talking about him

i dont know why,but i think he is not that kind of footballer who is addicted to any club.he is playing that good not for the club,not for the leicester,but for himself,because he CAN,he is born that way.i dont know if this is good or not for leicester.i think he will leave,but for a good price.

The fact he said it at all. Sky and others jump straight on it and it distracts from what matters, the title push.

It's a token answer of non-commitment which is 100% normal. Players don't usually go around shouting stuff like this, they get interviewed.

A mix of Mascherano, Vidal and Xavi but without any malice.

No diving in and being a wrecking ball, the man is elegant like a dancer in a tuxedo.

Can you imagine the attention if he played at the front ???

Hey Claudio have you ever thought of playing N'golo..............

Can't see much Xavi in him. Maybe a touch of Iniesta, not quite there in terms of dribbling ability though, maybe more Vieira.

who discovered him in ligue one deserve a medal,no doubt on it.

by the way guys who is the genius of scouting?

it's not easy at all to get who is good or not to play in the middle of the pitch. it is?

Guest CityFan 06

Watched the MOTD analysis on him last night. He covers so much ground - tackling, defending, starting attacks, helping retain possession. He's just class and without doubt probably the best CM I've seen for Leicester in terms of what he does and also the variation of what he does every match.

I suspect there's another thread more appropriate to this but I know not where it is.

Kanté is an exceptional player - he has exceptional stamina, exceptional tenacity, a technique for dispossessing players and is also a very skilled ball player. If he goes he will be difficult-to-impossible to replace - no two ways about it. He doesn't strike me as an 'all-in' member of the team - he celebrates alright but it seems there's a distance about him. I suspect he'll go for the right money and the right team.

The subject of academies comes up occasionally - West Ham and Man Utd, predominantly. Seems to me that, now Leicester have made a name for themselves and now they have real money behind them, they could attract the local little 'uns with potential, to prefer City over the 'fashionable' clubs. Instead of having to find another N'Golo playing for some backwater team like Caen (no insult intended Caen - I suspect you prefer Brits to keep away after what happened in June '44) why not develop a player of his ilk?

Sure I know players like him and Mahrez don't grow on trees and I don't know anything much about City's youth policy.but football is 70% confidence anyway (ask the Villa). The back four at City are now being feted as if they were the defence of the Arsenal 'Invincibles' - and as Cloughie and Taylor showed you can make a silk-purse out of a pig's ear :-). More truthfully Pearson and Ranieri have turned the defence and certain other players into men who believe in themselves and each other. Get the right coaches, train the boys right and the rest follows. That's certainly how Holland and latterly the German national organisation have acted to create a caucus of great players. That's also how the 'class of '92' were created and how Iniesta and Xavi came to from one of the great midfield 'engines' of football history.

'I'm not sure what I would like to see City do after this season ends - seeing them playing football to match the best teams would be good; seeing them enlarging the stadium would be great. I've seen once great teams founder because some arseh*le has come along and destroyed them - Ridsdale and Leeds comes to mind. And what are Newcastle and Sunderland playing at with the support they get?

City have a good, good basis now - it shouldn't be let slip. I don't think it will be. The Srivaddhanaprabhas are making the right noises and doing the right things. Time will tell, I guess.

I think his distance is more to do with him being shy... that multiplied with the clear language barrier is going to result in a bit of distance.

The more he develops his english the closer he will be able to be to his team mates. 

It's a token answer of non-commitment which is 100% normal. Players don't usually go around shouting stuff like this, they get interviewed.

becks_and_poch.jpg

Sorry if we've been round this block before, but that's Pochettino in your picture, right? Did you choose that deliberately? (Maybe the pic should be captioned 'Poch and Becks').

Sorry if we've been round this block before, but that's Pochettino in your picture, right? Did you choose that deliberately? (Maybe the pic should be captioned 'Poch and Becks').

I hadn't noted but it does look like it. I've had it on there since the world cup I think.

Needs an update really!

I wonder if this fellow could be a useful back up for Kante next year:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/80464

His stats are not far off Kante. He may just need the right management. Likely to be availible too.

Was wondering that earlier too given how similar their tackle/interception stats are.  He does give an awful lot more fouls away though.

he is to kante as josh low is to mahrez

I haven't watched a lot of Villa games, but as I recall he was pretty good when we played them away.

Similar things said about most of our team just a year ago.

Who would have picked Danny Simpson as motm in thr table topping side then?

I've said it before in another thread but Kante is quite simply the best player on the planet for doing what he does.  I can't think of anyone else that comes close.  If he left, he would be irreplaceable and we would have to change the way we play to compensate, we just could not go and buy a replacement.

Player of the season for me.  There I said it.

I've said it before in another thread but Kante is quite simply the best player on the planet for doing what he does. I can't think of anyone else that comes close. If he left, he would be irreplaceable and we would have to change the way we play to compensate, we just could not go and buy a replacement.

Player of the season for me. There I said it.

Player of the season for me too. I very much want him and Mahrez to stick wiyh us another season, not least because they seem quite friendly and are native French speakers.

No-one is irreplaceable though, we do need contingency plans.

Archived