Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

you cant replace him. if he goes, we have to change our formation. couldn't play a middle two and two wide midfielders. we would have to go light on one wing and that changes our whole dynamic.

Amartey has similar qualities to Kante, based on clips we've all seen from his time with København. He certainly deserves the opportunity to prove he can step into Kante's (world-covering) shoes.

CountryFox - of course we will, in the shadow of achievements we managed with Kante. Wait and see.

Don't forget there are at least 10 other heroes out there at the moment .. And he hasn't gone yet ! And I don't think he will.

This was a Steve Walsh signing, Claudio readily admits.

NG may be the new Makelele but it will need another step up.

His progress this season has been a revelation.

He is a shy guy who is only recently learning English,which makes him an easy target for journalists ambitious for " the quote".

I am far from ITK but it seems NG is happy in the LC family.

Like Claudio has suggested, if he is not, so be it. On to the next SW" rough diamond  to be polished ",whoever that may be.

He IS a superstar. We will be a shadow without him I'm afraid.

you cant replace him. if he goes, we have to change our formation. couldn't play a middle two and two wide midfielders. we would have to go light on one wing and that changes our whole dynamic.

Alot of people thought Cambiasso was irreplaceable.

But to say Kante is irreplaceable is to suggest you have a high level of knowledge on every single professional player in the world. and with very few of us having never heard of Kante before he was linked to us, then i would suggest that's highly unlikely that he is indeed irreplaceable

But to say Kante is irreplaceable is to suggest you have a high level of knowledge on every single professional player in the world. and with very few of us having never heard of Kante before he was linked to us, then i would suggest that's highly unlikely that he is indeed irreplaceable

Generations of City fans have followed our great club and very few players have actually left to achieve huge success after leaving us, however this current team is arguably the best we have ever had (certainly in my 40+ years of watching) and N'golo is pivotal to the way we function ....hopefully the board are negotiating deals for all the key team members including back room staff....

Imagine this team with 4 or 5 quality additions and we may shock a few in Europe......I personally would be gutted if we lose Kante or anyone and I think he would actually be pretty irreplaceable.....

Obviously i don't want him to go , but a move abroad would soften the blow a little. Seeing him at the KP next season in an Arsenal shirt would be akin to seeing your girlfriend swapping spit with your best mate. 

He does things that are not humanly possible for a man of 5'6"

Actually I would say he does things that no one over 5'7" could do. It's his size and relatively slight frame that give him the ability to sustain that workrate. What always amazes me is his strength in the challenge (considering his superhuman mobility).

He is a truly extraordinary footballer, and I have a sneaking suspicion he will soon be seen as redefining what is physically possible for a CM. Not so much 'box to box' as 'box to box, wing to wing'.

Have you seen his heat map for Southampton?

I think N'golo is fresh meat for those journalists. He hasn't had to speak to the British press much, so this was his introduction to the sharks.

If a few words look negative in translation, it isn't surprising. The bastards will often spin one little sentence out of context, and that is only using one language.

Actually I would say he does things that no one over 5'7" could do. It's his size and relatively slight frame that give him the ability to sustain that workrate. What always amazes me is his strength in the challenge (considering his superhuman mobility).

He is a truly extraordinary footballer, and I have a sneaking suspicion he will soon be seen as redefining what is physically possible for a CM. Not so much 'box to box' as 'box to box, wing to wing'.

Box to box

Wing to wing

Cornerflag to Cornerflag

County to county

Country to country

Kante IS Forest Gump!

He is redefining the role for sure. It will no longer be known as the "midfielder" but rather the "all-fielder" position.

In all seriousness though I was referring more to how he can beat players of over 6 foot to headers and how he manages to almost impossibly stretch and bend his leg round the attacker to cleanly take the ball every time.

I was about to post exactly the same thing. How nobody else spotted Kante's talents before us is beyond me. 

If he does go, and I really hope he'd prefer not to due to his shyness and not wanting the attention that a large European club brings (I'm clutching, I know), I hope we get ridiculous money for him. To lose him for a paltry £20m would be like TWO kicks in the bollocks!

Archived