Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

He was playing in a poor league (PSG apart) and had been nowhere near the international side.

The only other club that wanted him were O.M. And they valued him at 3 million.

No, we made what he is and I'm sure he's very grateful,and he will stay as long as we want him!

Not true!

Several clubs wanted him Lyon, Bordeaux...Marseille wanted him for 5 million Euros.

He was very near the international side, he refused to play for Mali several times when he was in Caen and our coach knew that some day he could play for France. 

He got better since he arrived at leicester I agree but you didn't "made what he is" you did not discover him, we did!

You gave him the exposure and the partners he deserved.

Even if it does exist that only means we/player can listen to offers, we don't have to accept if the player doesn't want to go.

I'm sure he will get an improved contract in the summer with a higher clause or have it taken out.

That's not how release clauses work. If a release clause is present and a bid is made that meets it, the club have to accept it. The player can decide whether to sign for the new club or not, but it's out of the clubs hands if there's a release clause been met.

Kante doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that will leave for the money.  Offering him £100k per week I don't think will make a great deal of difference.  The guy drives a Mini ffs!  If there is a release clause and it is met, then he will go for footballing reasons only.

If he thinks he can forge a more illustrious career elsewhere then good luck to him.  He is well capable of winning multiple trophies.  I really hope he sticks around though, he is brilliant and absolutely key for us.

Kante doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that will leave for the money. Offering him £100k per week I don't think will make a great deal of difference. The guy drives a Mini ffs! If there is a release clause and it is met, then he will go for footballing reasons only.

If he thinks he can forge a more illustrious career elsewhere then good luck to him. He is well capable of winning multiple trophies. I really hope he sticks around though, he is brilliant and absolutely key for us.

No one really knows, we will have to wait and see, personally, aslong as we win the league, if players want to leave so be it

So much I see makes me think that Kante doesn't see himself here long term. For whatever reason I think he'll be gone soon. PSG would be my guess.

I just hope we get 1 more season of him and that the release clause is nonsense. 

So much I see makes me think that Kante doesn't see himself here long term. For whatever reason I think he'll be gone soon. PSG would be my guess.

I just hope we get 1 more season of him and that the release clause is nonsense.

Boring French league I doubt it, like Mahrez he come for a challenge, to better himself on a weekly basis... La Liga I think both will end up at, when? hopefully not soon

When was the last time we had a 'release clause' in any of our player's contracts? 

Vardy, £30M which came out about a week after he signed the 80K deal.

If there's a clause, which I doubt because it seems a very round random figure for a player we took a chance on, it's more commonly heard these days because of the league we're in and the quality of the players. Alan Maybury may have had a £2M release clause if anyone came in for him but he was so shit no-one was interested in him or whether he had a clause.

Most players have release clauses in there contracts. It's just normally they're way over priced. So if they have an amazing season someone may jump and take he chance.

20 million on an unknown French second division player would be a heck of a lot and he would need to of had an amazing season for someone to pay that. But he has had an amazing season and if it's true a new contract please.

Most players have release clauses in there contracts. It's just normally they're way over priced. So if they have an amazing season someone may jump and take he chance.

20 million on an unknown French second division player would be a heck of a lot and he would need to of had an amazing season for someone to pay that. But he has had an amazing season and if it's true a new contract please.

It's only really Spain that do the ridiculously large release clause in every contract and that's because they are obliged to put one in.

I was always worried that Kante wasn't happy as he's never amongst the first to congratulate a goal scorer, just been re watching al of our goals from different angles and noticed that when we score he gets a little grin and claps his hands. bless him :wub:

I was always worried that Kante wasn't happy as he's never amongst the first to congratulate a goal scorer, just been re watching al of our goals from different angles and noticed that when we score he gets a little grin and claps his hands. bless him :wub:

He seems an amazingly pleasant and humble lad does Ngolo. I hope he stays this way as it adds to his game. His calm style, just doing what he does best with no fuss and no nonsense is a refreshing change in the modern game.

Part 1/2 - Second part about the stadium

I was lucky enough to get on a table to the PFA awards through work and I got chatting to a chap well placed within the club. Speaking to him, he confirmed Kante does have a release clause.

He didn't specify the amount, but stated it will be probably be difficult to keep hold of him in the summer. Riyad has no release clause mind.

Part 1/2 - Second part about the stadium

I was lucky enough to get on a table to the PFA awards through work and I got chatting to a chap well placed within the club. Speaking to him, he confirmed Kante does have a release clause.

He didn't specify the amount, but stated it will be probably be difficult to keep hold of him in the summer. Riyad has no release clause mind.

well we might have to take your word on this..

if so.. Kante could be very happy and we could offer him 100k and hes well worth it.

Archived