Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

Stop panicking everyone. Those saying he's irreplaceable need to remember one thing...

Even Kante wasn't Kante this time last year.

If there really is a release clause, and the player won't sign a new contract, then I'm sure we have someone else lined up. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a  replacement target for every player we have.

Stop panicking everyone. Those saying he's irreplaceable need to remember one thing...

If there really is a release clause, and the player won't sign a new contract, then I'm sure we have someone else lined up. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a  replacement target for every player we have.

genuinely don't think there is an equivalent standard replacement on the earth's face

Kante going for £20 million would be worse than our relegation to League 1. It would be worse than administration. It would be worse than Junior Lewis being resigned for our CL campaign. 

It'd be so bad. 

have you ever seen junior lewis and kante in the same room though, how do you know they're not the same person

I disagree. Kante was already Kante last year. He was already number 1 in europe for tackling and intercepting the ball. He just didn't have drink water, Mahrez, Vardy...in his team.

I think the £20 million release clause may give other clubs the right to talk to the player and bid at or above that figure. Not sure it would invalidate Kante's 3 year contract, so the club probably have the final say on the matter. Bit like Suarez when Arsenal thought they'd got their man by triggering the "release clause" by offering a quid over the £40 million release clause figure.

Let's hope such a clause doesn't exist as there isn't another player like him available in the world right now.

The club doesn't have a final say, that's the point of the clause. If it's met and the player agrees terms there's nothing that can be done.

There seems to be a lot of people who cannot grasp the concept of a "release clause". FFS it's not that hard to understand!

IF Kante has a £20M release then if a club meets the valuation, the selling club HAVE to accept it. It is then down to the buying club and the player to agree terms. If they do, he leaves. If not, he stays.

Of course, we don't know IF he does have a release clause. Are we sure its not £200M?

This kind of stuff was constantly said about Stokes players when they were all the rage, Stoke denied the clauses existed in the end after it kept getting repeated in the press. This could quite easily be utter nonsense click bait.

I disagree. Kante was already Kante last year. He was already number 1 in europe for tackling and intercepting the ball. He just didn't have drink water, Mahrez, Vardy...in his team.

He was playing in a poor league (PSG apart) and had been nowhere near the international side.

The only other club that wanted him were O.M. And they valued him at 3 million.

No, we made what he is and I'm sure he's very grateful,and he will stay as long as we want him!

Archived