Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
parisianfox

Kante

Kante "thought" to have 20m buy out clause.

So what does that mean? Has the journo just said, "I think he's got a 20m buy out clause?"

clearly means the journo is covering their own butt with wording,

bit of click bait too from the sounds of it, given how we know Arsenal fans and social media/internet go hand in hand :ph34r:

Henry Winter got Arsenal fans all excited last night after suggesting that Leicester City midfielder N’Golo Kante is set to join Arsenal this summer.

The Times journalist was a guest speaker at the Arsenal Supporters Trust meeting on Monday night and as well as giving his thoughts on a wide range of topics, Winter made the claim that Kante is likely to move to the Emirates at the end of the season.

The journo suggested that Leicester will struggle to keep hold of their star names after enjoying a sensational campaign and mentioned that Kante and Riyad Mahrez were two of the most likely players to depart, with the French midfielder heading to Arsenal.

Fans who were in attendance were tweeting live from the meeting and understandably those on Twitter were soon getting excited by the thought of Kante in our midfielder next season.

The 25-year-old has been outstanding at the heart of Leicester’s midfield this year with his tireless displays being a key reason behind the Foxes shock march towards the Premier League title.

Understandably, Kante’s performances have attracted interest from a whole host of clubs with Arsenal among those who’ve been strongly linked, and Claudio Ranieri admitted last month that City would listen if a big club comes in with an attractive offer this summer.

With Arteta moving in to a coaching role and Flamini set to leave when his contract expires in June, we certainly need to bring in another holding midfielder and I’d love to see Kante brought in.

Arsene Wenger has come under fire following a hugely frustrating season but let’s be realistic, he’s going to see out the final year of his contract and at least it would be a statement of intent if he does end up signing Kante.

Winter didn’t give any indication as to why he feels Kante will join Arsenal. It could just have been a throw-away comment, but he is one of the most respected journalists around and he’s known to have good ties with the top clubs, so let’s hope he’s got some concrete inside info to back up this claim.

Leicester midfielder N'Golo Kante thought to be available for £20million as Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and PSG chase him

• Leicester man N'Golo Kante understood to have a £20million release clause
  • Paris Saint-Germain Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea interested in Kante
  • With three years left on his deal the Foxes are confident of keeping him

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3538609/Leicester-midfielder-N-Golo-Kante-thought-available-20million-PSG-Arsenal-Tottenham-Chelsea-chase-him.html#ixzz45l3DHIh8 

Perhaps Henry knew about this clause a little while back. Why else would he have said what he said? It doesn't make sense in any other context.

I hope he stays though. He is irreplaceable. 

Money talks. Let's remember Kanté may have arrived at our club slightly reluctantly in the beginning. Newspapers at the time were reporting his first choice was to remain in France. We may need to wave some more at him; and of course his agent.

If Kante is sold then the LC board should ensure he leaves England for another league. There is no point having your best players go to your opponents. As Claudio says, he doesn't want anyone who doesn't want to be at Leicester remaining at Leicester. That's essential as any bad feelings can quickly feed into the dressing room atmosphere. It'd make good business, £5mn to £20mn in a season. That's a fantastic return and covers all the not so good transfers of recent years.

Don't think they'll let him go for pocket money! He's too instrumental! They should offer the big guns inler instead as a constellation prize

Constellation prize? They should tell them Inlers quality is out of this world

The problem we are gonna have I think is that Vardy is now on 80k a week.

In the interests of fairness surely that means the likes of Kante and Mahrez should be offered only 100k per week max? The problem is they can get double that at the top clubs.

We either up Jamies wage again, and therefore demolish our wage structure altogether or there is a good chance of them leaving.

I think the £20 million release clause may give other clubs the right to talk to the player and bid at or above that figure. Not sure it would invalidate Kante's 3 year contract, so the club probably have the final say on the matter. Bit like Suarez when Arsenal thought they'd got their man by triggering the "release clause" by offering a quid over the £40 million release clause figure.

Let's hope such a clause doesn't exist as there isn't another player like him available in the world right now.

A £20 million sell on clause doesn't seem a lot for a player that initially cost over £5m, does it? £5m would have been our record signing only 2 years ago!

I doubt even the scouting staff thought that he would be quite the player he has turned out to be but I think they would have been more confident of his ability than to have such a low buy out clause. At least one that's as simple as stated in that rag.

We may be a modest sized PL club but the people running things in the 'offices' are astute business people. I have very faith in them being a bit cuter than this.

I'm shocked that so few people seem to grasp the very simple concept of a release clause.

Wouldn't shock me to find out there was such a thing, surely even Walsh couldn't have foresaw Kanté having this kind of season. As others have said, let's get him a nice new bumper contract and  pay him the wages he merits.

if Kante wants to stay here im sure he will be given a new contract as Vardy ie longer , bigger salary and no get -out cluse, however if he wants to return to France or sit on the bench at a "big club"imsure there are teams who would be prepared to duble what we could offer, i just hope if he does decide to leave its abroad and we get a monster fee. I always expected Vardy to comit his future to us, but with Kante and Mahrez im not so sure (depends on a few things imo,"do you wnt to play every week?" "are you settled in UK/Leicester area" can Raneri convince you? 

He's worth a lot more than 20million. Especially when some people wouldn't even take 50 for Mahrez!

I'd be gutted if we lost him to a PL team for 20 million. Especially Spurs...

I think this is the key thing here. Kante and Mahrez are both worth upwards of £35million each.

If we lose them it will likely be to a big European club. Why would they leave for a struggling [insert name of former big-name UK club here] or Spurs when they'd already have European football here. 

It'll be a big French, Spanish or Italian club I'd expect if we lose either of these two. I'd like to think they'll both commit to at least one more season with us though, especially if we win the title.

if Kante wants to stay here im sure he will be given a new contract as Vardy ie longer , bigger salary and no get -out cluse, however if he wants to return to France or sit on the bench at a "big club"imsure there are teams who would be prepared to duble what we could offer, i just hope if he does decide to leave its abroad and we get a monster fee. I always expected Vardy to comit his future to us, but with Kante and Mahrez im not so sure (depends on a few things imo,"do you wnt to play every week?" "are you settled in UK/Leicester area" can Raneri convince you? 

or sit on the bench at a "big club"

lol!!!Are you serious? do you think he would be on the bench at real madrid or psg? doesn't matter how big the club, he would not sit on the bench! 

What a shit replacement that would be. No thanks

He's 2nd to Kante in every category that Kante excels in. Can't be that bad as a like for like replacement which surely we'd want in order to limit the changes to our playing style. Otherwise we buy a different type of player and change our style to suit that.

Kante going for £20 million would be worse than our relegation to League 1. It would be worse than administration. It would be worse than Junior Lewis being resigned for our CL campaign. 

It'd be so bad. 

Archived