Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

I have seen our entire football team many times at about 3pm on Saturday afternoon, so strange.

:D

Yeah but have you MET them? Yanno, like the thread title says...:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I was taking the Micky out of Wymsy seeing Lampard in a car

I know you were taking the Mickey you wally :P

Most famous person I’ve seen in a car is probably Lewis Hamilton :thumbup:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I know you were taking the Mickey you wally :P

Most famous person I’ve seen in a car is probably Lewis Hamilton :thumbup:

Lol I’ve seen Gareth Southgate in a car on the way to Old Trafford for the first game of the season. Strange coincidence that I shared a tube carriage with Sir Trevor McDonald for Arsenal away before the first game of last season.

Also saw Harvey Barnes in the gym this afternoon.

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Lol I’ve seen Gareth Southgate in a car on the way to Old Trafford for the first game of the season. Strange coincidence that I shared a tube carriage with Sir Trevor McDonald for Arsenal away before the first game of last season.

Also saw Harvey Barnes in the gym this afternoon.

Did you take the opportunity to ask him the important question?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Many years ago I went between shifts ( working for GPO) to meet my girlfriend  who worked at The Phoenix Theatre.

She was delayed, so I spent 30 or 40 mins chatting to some scouse bloke at the bar. Said he was a comic, had just done a gig etc. 

i wasn't in the mood for discussing that - neither was he to be fair to him...

So we talked politics & football. Despite being a scouse and a professional comedian, he was actually pretty funny.

Couple of years later I saw him on 'Red Dwarf' as Lister.

Craig Charles, This is Your Life...

I met him at the glamorous holiday inn express Luton airport. He was rather dismissive when I went to say hello.

I finished my meeting an hour or so later with a punter I was there to see. then strode up to his table at the bar to his horror. Told him that I'm sure people like me were a pain in the arse, but whether he likes it or not, I wanted to say how much I enjoy his radio show.

He lightened up a bit then. Was apologetic for his off handedness/citing tiredness after an all night dj gig in Budapest, took the compliment well and we parted with a rather limp handshake (on his side)

3 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

FFS man, you had one job! Now you've missed your chance to feed back some important information to the forum and subsequently be ridiculed as an ITK wannabe...

I’m sorry. In the same gym I sat on a table next to Richie De Laet the day before he left Villa for Oz, he was slagging Steve Bruce off lol 

19 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I met him at the glamorous holiday inn express Luton airport. He was rather dismissive when I went to say hello.

I finished my meeting an hour or so later with a punter I was there to see. then strode up to his table at the bar to his horror. Told him that I'm sure people like me were a pain in the arse, but whether he likes it or not, I wanted to say how much I enjoy his radio show.

He lightened up a bit then. Was apologetic for his off handedness/citing tiredness after an all night dj gig in Budapest, took the compliment well and we parted with a rather limp handshake (on his side)

Ok - When I spoke with him he wasn't famous, at least not telly-famous. I had no idea who he was anyway. I suppose he was yet to get jaded with it. He couldn't have been more than 25 at the time, if that.

i remember being genuinely surprised when I saw him on 'Red Dwarf'.

i like his radio show too, by the way.

• Like 1

Last summer I was on Penny Lane in Liverpool with my cousin, outside the barber's shop mentioned in the song and Paul McCartney turned up with James Corden filming carpool karaoke. He was so nice and we had photos taken. It was an amazing day

Edited by brisfox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Why were you sitting on a table in the gym ???

It’s what you have to do. If you aren’t weaing a SnapBack cap sitting loosely on top of your head while sitting in a table you aren’t going to burn any calories.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Haha 1