Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

He's not known for his composition...

It's also surprising how many composers are not known for their compositions. And then fall victim to human trafficking. Both are probably the fault of Radio 3.

I remember once having a 15/20 minute chat with Sol Bamba in the Shires... Genuinely one of the nicest people I've met, his accent did throw me massively (mixture of french/african/scottish) but we spoke about the season, his goal against Man City, and how much he enjoyed Leicester. He also had a newborn child strapped to his torso

I loved that guy!!!

On 10/09/2018 at 21:57, Mint23 said:

I’m not sure where Matt lives now but he did used to live in Desford and his mum still does, I often see him around the area 

Seen him in Kirby Muxloe a couple of times in the past.

I know Izzet used to live in Markfield, as did Paul Dickov, but not sure if he's actually still resides there.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

• 3 months later...

Many years ago I went between shifts ( working for GPO) to meet my girlfriend  who worked at The Phoenix Theatre.

She was delayed, so I spent 30 or 40 mins chatting to some scouse bloke at the bar. Said he was a comic, had just done a gig etc. 

i wasn't in the mood for discussing that - neither was he to be fair to him...

So we talked politics & football. Despite being a scouse and a professional comedian, he was actually pretty funny.

Couple of years later I saw him on 'Red Dwarf' as Lister.

Craig Charles, This is Your Life...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

may be the wrong topic to put this in but seen a Leicester Blue Lambo Urus this morning with plate 5OOO (5000/1) In Kirby Muxloe. Could it be one of our title winning squad? Simpson has a history with Lambos I know.

"I saw a car"

lol

• Haha 2

My mates met Roy Keane at a match once and he was an absolute bell end apparently, as I would expect. 

My nephew works at Manchester airport and saw Paul Scholes and he said he was an arrogant stuck up his own arse ****. He also saw Heskey who he said was really nice and he had a picture with him.

I met Phil Neville once and he seemed alright. 

I met Frank Worthington in a pub near Brighton in 1984, I was 16 and he signed a £1 for me. I kept it for years, but dunno what happened to it. I also worked on ‘The Royal It’s A Knockout” late 80s I’d guess, and Lineker and Alan Smith were there, neither of them wanted to engage with me, too wrapped up in themselves. Tom Jones and Meatloaf were on the same event, and they were ace, funny and chatty, actually Tom Jones came out of the bog i was heading into, and he warned me to give it 5 minutes, and then laughed as he walked on :dry:

Edited by Al-aLondon-Foxile

Thinking about my encounter with the future Dave Lister (above) got me thinking about other encounters;

Again at The Phoenix I once met Roy Hudd.  Remember him ridiculing my leicester accent. Less a legend , more a bell end -

Played pool against Roger Chapman (ask your dad) - nice enough, but a sore loser. Big City fan.

Also played pool with Ali Mauchlen( same venue as above - Nag's Head). Top bloke.

7 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

may be the wrong topic to put this in but seen a Leicester Blue Lambo Urus this morning with plate 5OOO (5000/1) In Kirby Muxloe. Could it be one of our title winning squad? Simpson has a history with Lambos I know.

It belongs to a big LCFC fan who lives in a nearby village to there.

Often seen parked on the car park where the old ground used to be on home matchdays.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

seen this car at the ground it belongs to an older gentleman who walks with a walking stick, expected a player to hop out if i'm honest!

• Like 1