Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

Dion Dublin in McDonald’s on the A14 he was nice enough guy .

Martin Johnson on numerous occasions was a year above me at school and still lives local used to train at a gym in oadby where load of the Tigers players trained before they got their own gym built, proper arrogant when younger don’t know about know . 

Dean Richards at the same gym total  arrogant cock even gave me the “do you know who I am line “

Edited by baldeagle

I was working in Landon when The Feeling has released their 1st album and in the charts... had my suitcase with me and my Mrs had stayed over in a posh hotel courtesy of my mate in the hotel industry... anyway saw a private gig for The Feeling...queue was round the block...walked to front and said I’m part of the set up...straight in.. called the wife from back of queue who came round... met the band and front row for a small private gig :thumbup:

Edited by BirminghamFox

Met Jeremy Corbyn's brother, Piers, a few years ago before he became leader.

He told me his brother is a politician and they didn't get on!

Barry McGuigan and Dennis Taylor at conferences, both were surprisingly small in stature.

Years ago my son and I were standing in McDonald's on the Clock Tower not long after a match against Man Utd where we had shipped 6 goals.  Next to us was Spencer Prior and his wife/girlfriend. I said hello and commented that we could have done with him in the team , (I didn't actually mean it as I never rated him but I couldn't think of anything else to say).  He asked why and I told him the score to which he laughed and looked away.  His wife then turned and said nastily 'well they shouldn't have got rid of him then'  and flounced off leaving Spencer looking sheepish (sorry couldn't resist that, as he was playing for Derby at the time) 

I watched Mahrez get a bollocking at Leicester train station, shook his hand afterwards, and then he legged it to the taxi rank.

Had a night out in DMU student union with half the Leicestershire cricket team, most were alright, one or two absolute bellends.

1 hour ago, wokinghamfox said:

I had a piss next to Neil Warnock at Watford Gap Services after our 2003 fixture against Sheffield United.

He didn't complain/moan that your urine unintentionally sprayed onto his trousers..? :whistle:

neil-warnock.jpg

Edited by Wymeswold fox

3 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Dion Dublin in McDonald’s on the A14 he was nice enough guy .

Martin Johnson on numerous occasions was a year above me at school and still lives local used to train at a gym in oadby where load of the Tigers players trained before they got their own gym built, proper arrogant when younger don’t know about know . 

Dean Richards at the same gym total  arrogant cock even gave me the “do you know who I am line “

Dion is alright but his brother was a right plank ...   had a run in with him at a snooker club in town.   Martin Johnson always seemed very pleasant and managed to calm the situation down when we had a run in with Zinzan Brooke in a bar n New Zealand ...   but yes ..   Richards was a bit arrogant tbh.

• Like 1

about 6 years ago back when I was living in Leicester and just graduated from DMU I was working at "Love Coffee" (worst job I've ever had) in Highcross. Andy King, Sean St Ledger and Anthony Knockeart came in. I think I was the only person there who actually knew who they were. My supervisor was a bit of a slut (and a b****) and was completely oblivious to who she was serving coffee to. Knockeart, being the stereotypical French soppy womanizer, leant forward and whispered "beautiful" whilst staring straight at her. From what I could see she just pretended to not hear him.

After, I told her who they were and more specifically who Knocky was, she wasn't impressed at all. Again, she was a bit of a b****. 

Was funny for me to see, mainly due to me being a hardcore foxes fan and expecting every woman in Leicester to fall flat head over heels for every member of the squad, even captain-average Andy King (who I also saw with his at-the-time bird on campus once).

8 hours ago, BirminghamFox said:

I was working in Landon when The Feeling has released their 1st album and in the charts... had my suitcase with me and my Mrs had stayed over in a posh hotel courtesy of my mate in the hotel industry... anyway saw a private gig for The Feeling...queue was round the block...walked to front and said I’m part of the set up...straight in.. called the wife from back of queue who came round... met the band and front row for a small private gig :thumbup:

That would be impressive if it wasn’t for the fact the band was The Feeling. Maybe change the story to pretend it was a less embarrassing band next time! ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guybino said:

about 6 years ago back when I was living in Leicester and just graduated from DMU I was working at "Love Coffee" (worst job I've ever had) in Highcross. Andy King, Sean St Ledger and Anthony Knockeart came in. I think I was the only person there who actually knew who they were. My supervisor was a bit of a slut (and a b****) and was completely oblivious to who she was serving coffee to. Knockeart, being the stereotypical French soppy womanizer, leant forward and whispered "beautiful" whilst staring straight at her. From what I could see she just pretended to not hear him.

After, I told her who they were and more specifically who Knocky was, she wasn't impressed at all. Again, she was a bit of a b****. 

Was funny for me to see, mainly due to me being a hardcore foxes fan and expecting every woman in Leicester to fall flat head over heels for every member of the squad, even captain-average Andy King (who I also saw with his at-the-time bird on campus once).

Anyone else intrigued by the slutty supervisor? ?

• Like 1

I met Muzzy Izzet & Steve Guppy in the bowling place by the old shires many years ago during the O’Neil era. They just randomly decided to get a lane & luckily next to us.

I told my aunt who they were as I froze in excitement. She went into her handbag got some paper out & got both their autographs without also realising who they were. 

Both were absolute gents. 

Man I wish I had an iPhone back then. :rolleyes:

• Like 1