Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

On 03/05/2019 at 14:58, Swan Lesta said:

My brother was asked out by Kate Beckinsdale when he was about 20. At the time he was dating another beautiful girl who he remained with for another four years or so...

He turned her down and let’s just say hasn’t watched Pearl Harbour as a result.

Fcked that one up real  good then lol

On 03/05/2019 at 15:43, cambridgefox said:

Good looking lad then.

She did date pete davidson so he might just have big lips or a ron jeremy sized cock

On 03/05/2019 at 18:08, RoboFox said:

I feel like I want to ask @Swan Lesta out just to experience that gene pool.

The ron jeremy big cock part? Lol

• 4 weeks later...

Al Stewart (Year of the Cat) is an acquaintance of some years.  A quite friendly, intelligent guy who can discuss history as well as music.  No end of good stories; he’s worked with lots of UK- and LA-based rock & roll heavy hitters.

We sometimes have dinner when he comes through town, and will be doing so on Friday.  A brief get-together I look forward to.

• Like 3

My ex's parents are long-term friends of the Eavises.

A year or so before I met my ex, I made a garden gnome which just happened to look like Michael.

My ex's mum was talking about this garden gnome one day when we were at their house. I let it run for a while until I then admitted that I had made it. Apparently it is still there, although not in a position where you are able to see it by looking over the wall.

I used to get a free ticket for the festival, and haven't actually bought a ticket for 20 years.

Now I have to earn my ticket. In a few weeks time I will be back in my old position, stewarding the entrance to his drive. Just a few polite questions to potential callers enquiring their business. The right answers and I open the gate.  

Just now, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Had pis s next to Julian Joachim once at the cinema in Braunstone, didn't know what to say as i use to pretend to be him at school while playing footie. I was in shock i think.

didn't try the old pee on his shoes trick then?

Friend of mine is a relation of Andy King. So I've been to family do's with him and Andy has been there. Andy is such a great guy, always wants to please and is Leicester through and through. Saw him last year, he was really disappointed to not get any opportunities under Puel. Not seen him since then though, I'm guessing he's ready to move on now, with us looking to strengthen CM even more in the close season. 

Unrelated note, I once went into the VIP area with the Saturdays, Molly sat on my lap and gave me a peck. ? 

Also, as I'm sure you all know, I've spent a fair bit of time around big Nige during the various sports and coaching events I used to attend. Top bloke, always full of fantastic advice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Had pis s next to Julian Joachim once at the cinema in Braunstone, didn't know what to say as i use to pretend to be him at school while playing footie. I was in shock i think.

Was he standing a foot away from the urinal or something?

4 hours ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

I was in awe.

At the size of his striker?

15 hours ago, KingsX said:

Al Stewart (Year of the Cat) is an acquaintance of some years.  A quite friendly, intelligent guy who can discuss history as well as music.  No end of good stories; he’s worked with lots of UK- and LA-based rock & roll heavy hitters.

We sometimes have dinner when he comes through town, and will be doing so on Friday.  A brief get-together I look forward to.

Time Passages is one of my all time fave songs!

• 3 weeks later...

Met Orlando Bloom today, a bit non-plus and vacant tbh. 

Also spent some time chatting to Spurs midfielder Harry Winks. What a really nice bloke! He's in Los Angeles for a few days and is then catching up with Ben Chilwell in Vegas. They know each other from England duty. Rates Harvey Barnes too who he knows from England under 21s.

Asked him who was hardest player he's come up against, with no hesitation he said Messi. Asked him what Vardy was like to play against and his reply was that he just doesn't leave you alone, he's on you the whole time and and doesn't give you an inch. Says Harry Kane is the most humble of people and Christian Ericson is his idol.

Didn't realise he's been at Spurs since he was 5 years old, he was even "Spotted" as promising at that that young age. Seriously nice unassuming bloke, spitting image of Liam Payne who one of my colleagues mistook him for. 

• Like 4

Well my son has been lucky enough to have met 3 of our championship winning team. 1. Jamie Vardy, pre chat with the owners on his future.lol. in a bar on Braunstone gate, where Jamie kindly bought his drinks and performed the snake? Whatever that is.2. Won a competition in blue ink.Twice.lol. 1st you had to send your name on fb and he was picked, then Wes s wife so said that's not fair way to do it so they put names on paper and his name came out.lol. 3. He was in a fashion shop in town owned by Dave Nugent friend. My son was in the changing rooms trying on some items, came out, there was Dave, wife and new baby. My son said hi got the selfie and had a chat. Said to the owner. I will just have this item, but Nige said it's ok. Around £150 of stuff and signed his receipt with his Twitter account name. As his job working for laddies, he met Julian Joachim and Matt le Tissier 

• 1 month later...
On 13/06/2019 at 01:32, ElusiveEd said:

Met Orlando Bloom today, a bit non-plus and vacant tbh. 

Also spent some time chatting to Spurs midfielder Harry Winks. What a really nice bloke! He's in Los Angeles for a few days and is then catching up with Ben Chilwell in Vegas. They know each other from England duty. Rates Harvey Barnes too who he knows from England under 21s.

Asked him who was hardest player he's come up against, with no hesitation he said Messi. Asked him what Vardy was like to play against and his reply was that he just doesn't leave you alone, he's on you the whole time and and doesn't give you an inch. Says Harry Kane is the most humble of people and Christian Ericson is his idol.

Didn't realise he's been at Spurs since he was 5 years old, he was even "Spotted" as promising at that that young age. Seriously nice unassuming bloke, spitting image of Liam Payne who one of my colleagues mistook him for. 

Nice one, refreshing to see younger players happy to chat to fans.

Will never forget the time I met Steve Walsh during a lock in at some Italian restaurant where my mates dad worked.

We were riding high in the premier league at the time and about to secure a place in the FA Cup semi final, because getting passed Wycombe in the quarters would be a doddle. It was clear the dislike Walshy had for a certain Mr Peter Taylor and the convo I had with him I'll never forget.

He said, almost word for word, " Listen mate, I love Leicester more than anyone, I'm a fan just as much as you are, but things are rotten behind the scenes. Things are not good and it'll come out on the pitch sooner rather than later" he then went in to say "Even if we make it passed Wycombe, we're not making the final, and to be honest I can't see us beating Wycombe. And after that it'll all fall to pieces and we'll end up finishing 14th. No way we're qualifying for Europe under that clown"

Low and behold about a week later we crashed out of the FA Cup to Wycombe and went on a disastrous run and ended up finishing 13th (if I remember correctly) A year later we were relegated, went into administration and it took us over a decade to fully recover.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

Met Paul Gasciogne a few months ago, and let’s just say I now believe in never meeting your heroes!

Watching him drinking Gin straight from the bottle at 6am was (ironically) a very sobering experience for me.

He was friendly enough, but seeing him doing that, and listening to some of the things he talked about, I felt 50-50 sorry for him, and disappointed in him.

He’ll always be the best natural footballer I ever watched, and be a hero from on the pitch, but definitely no longer a hero off it unfortunately. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Met Paul Gasciogne a few months ago, and let’s just say I now believe in never meeting your heroes!

Watching him drinking Gin straight from the bottle at 6am was (ironically) a very sobering experience for me.

He was friendly enough, but seeing him doing that, and listening to some of the things he talked about, I felt 50-50 sorry for him, and disappointed in him.

He’ll always be the best natural footballer I ever watched, and be a hero from on the pitch, but definitely no longer a hero off it unfortunately. 

Wow. How come you were in his company at 6am?

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Wow. How come you were in his company at 6am?

I was working, can’t say more than that because of confidentiality around my job, but it really was such a shame to see. 

Italia 90 was where my football obsession started, watching Gazza and Lineker as world stars.

I have no doubt Gazza has been influenced by the wrong people during his life, but it now seems he’s happy to have the wrong people around him, “helping and protecting” him.

1 minute ago, City1884 said:

I was working, can’t say more than that because of confidentiality around my job, but it really was such a shame to see. 

Italia 90 was where my football obsession started, watching Gazza and Lineker as world stars.

I have no doubt Gazza has been influenced by the wrong people during his life, but it now seems he’s happy to have the wrong people around him, “helping and protecting” him.

Are you a custody sergeant ?