Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

31 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Paul Dickov purchased my Father's house (Noel Whelan sold it to the latter before) in Markfield.

Sometimes see Matt Elliot around the Kirby Muxloe area.

So, Paul Dickov has slept in the same house as Sara Blizzard.

Possibly even in the same bed, but not at the same time.

It's a small and strange world.

At one time, during the 80s, when I was living in Ealing, West London, I kept 'meeting' Elizabeth Frazer (of the Cocteau Twins). She must have thought I was stalking her. The final time was in a pub in North Acton - I think they might have been recording/rehearsing in the BBC studios which were around there.

You see loads of celebs around and about if you live in London so I've kind of lost count, but not to see them over and again - unless they lived next door or something. (I used to see Philip Schofield in a local Threshers off-licence, so I guess he lived around me somewhere) 

Edit: my 'best' one was having a piss next to (the late) Mark E Smith (The Fall). It was at the Riverside in Hammersmith, I'd been invited to the green room after a performance of the 'Hey! Luciani' play. Oh, and many years later (in fact, only around 2 or 3 years ago) I spoke (again) with Brix on a train from Newport (we both got off - no, not like that, behave!) at Abergavenny (she had two pug type dogs with her) She didn't seem to remember me, funny that.

Edit edit: I once sat next to Chris Walker (motorcyclist) on a flight from Barcelona to London. He was in MotoGP at the time (or forerunner of? 500cc World Championship or whatever it was called) I didn't let on that I knew who he was and thought I'd just leave him be. 

Edited by CarbonVirtine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I saw a snooker player at the airport once (i forget his name but his nickname was something to do with the wind and he used to be abit of a coke head.) 

I kept staring at him and thinking i knew him from somewhere, so i went up to him and asked 'do i know you' he just laughed and said maybe. 

Was embarrassed when i realised on the plane how i knew his face :S  

Jimmy ‘The Whirlwind’ White, l think 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Heard he's had a difficult time quite recently, hope things have got better as he's nice to talk to.

He's lived there since I was quite young. Used to hang around with his son, genuinely a nice kid. Has had the same fake Bentley (chrysler?) for years.

My mother works at a gym that izzet has taken his kid(s?) to for years (not met him personally, lovely guy by all accounts).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestLothianFox said:

Met Anthony Joshua a few weeks ago at work, managed to get a couple of photos with him. He is an amazing guy, nothing too much trouble and a constant smile on his face.

I reckon if I was heavyweight champion of the world with a physique like that and £100m in the bank, I'd probably have a constant smile on my face too :D

19 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

I once sat next to Chris Walker (motorcyclist) on a flight from Barcelona to London. He was in MotoGP at the time (or forerunner of? 500cc World Championship or whatever it was called) I didn't let on that I knew who he was and thought I'd just leave him be. 

Correct, he rode for a satellite Honda team sponsored by Shell. The old 500cc two strokes were vicious beats which were tough to tame. Coming in from a production series (British Superbikes) to thoroughbred prototype racing was much like attempting F1 after several seasons in British Touring Cars. The season was ended prematurely as much for his own safety. Nice guy Stalker - and the 2000 BSB showdown with Neil Hodgson is fondly remembered as one of the most memorable in the entire sport of motorcycle racing. Bells palsy was another blow to his career, but he has been around for a long time and as a popular rider is well liked within the sport. Last I heard he'd switched to sidecar racing. 

When I was in my teens Frankie Wortho came in to the newsagents were I had a job. He wanted a blackcurrant  Mivi lolly so I gave it him for free. He said "Thanks mate." The shop was in Evington close to Lenny Glover's house I think he must have popped round for a cuppa.

31 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

At one time, during the 80s, when I was living in Ealing, West London, I kept 'meeting' Elizabeth Frazer (of the Cocteau Twins). She must have thought I was stalking her. The final time was in a pub in North Acton - I think they might have been recording/rehearsing in the BBC studios which were around there.

You see loads of celebs around and about if you live in London so I've kind of lost count, but not to see them over and again - unless they lived next door or something. (I used to see Philip Schofield in a local Threshers off-licence, so I guess he lived around me somewhere) 

Edit: my 'best' one was having a piss next to (the late) Mark E Smith (The Fall). It was at the Riverside in Hammersmith, I'd been invited to the green room after a performance of the 'Hey! Luciani' play. Oh, and many years later (in fact, only around 2 or 3 years ago) I spoke (again) with Brix on a train from Newport (we both got off - no, not like that, behave!) at Abergavenny (she had to pug type dogs with her) She didn't seem to remember me, funny that.

Edit edit: I once sat next to Chris Walker (motorcyclist) on a flight from Barcelona to London. He was in MotoGP at the time (or forerunner of? 500cc World Championship or whatever it was called) I didn't let on that I knew who he was and thought I'd just leave him be. 

Ealing was a bit of a musos retreat during the eighties. Steve Lillywhite and Kirsty McCall had a house near Ealing Broadway Station which I stayed in one weekend. Wandering around it was like "Through the Keyhole".

Lis Frazer's voice stirred something in my loins. Adorable. 

Wait, you spent a train journey with Brix? As I teen, her and Viv Albertine were my only crushes...

...oh and Elizabeth Frazer. 

21 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Wait, you spent a train journey with Brix?

No, not the entire journey. She was by the doors (with her dogs) of the train, outside the seating area. I actually spoke to the dogs ("hello little doggies" to be precise) first then looked up and realised who it was - and we talked dogs, as dog people do. Had I seen her first, I doubt I would have said anything.

And Liz Fraser is/was a titchy wee thing as I remember. One of our meets was on a bus (a routemaster) as we stood on the exit platform and both 'alighted' (as they say) at Ealing Broadway. I think it was the 207 ;)

Just realised, there's a theme here - Liz on a bus, Brix on a train, Chris on a plane. P'raps we ought rename the thread 'famous people you've met on public transport"!

Edited by CarbonVirtine
Fraser not Frazer
  • Haha 1

Just remembered another celeb 'dog' meeting. In Richmond Park with my (to be) wife. We were walking her dog when another dog bounded up to us, then it's owners/minders followed - one of whom was Melvyn Bragg. My wife was chatting away to his wife/partner/sister/agent/whatever, blissfully unaware who he was (though I knew) He kind of hung back/hid but then realised (or thought) that we didn't know who he was. It was kind of cool watching him relax - his face changed entirely.

3 hours ago, nwl fox said:

Colin Gibson did the mortgage on my first house, he trained as a financial advisor for legal and general after he retired and had just started with them. Sold me a shit endowment mortgage the w@***r!!!! In all seriousness though he was a nice guy...

Great bloke, spent a lunch with him once, funny as. Told me he was a bit miffed that he didn’t get an extra year at Leicester after we went up. He said he was on about £26k a year and it wouldn’t have hurt us giving him another year. The wages in football then v now - wow 

• Like 1

Crashed into Martin Johnson with a trolley in Sainsbury's at Fosse Park, he was very understanding thankfully. 

Met Johnny Evans at Belfast airport 2 weeks ago, very quiet lad. And Barry Hales the day after outside Wembley. 

11 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Great bloke, spent a lunch with him once, funny as. Told me he was a bit miffed that he didn’t get an extra year at Leicester after we went up. He said he was on about £26k a year and it wouldn’t have hurt us giving him another year. The wages in football then v now - wow 

wow that cant be right surely?? If i'm being honest i wasnt his biggest fan as a player, always thought he was a bit greedy.

16 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I saw a snooker player at the airport once (i forget his name but his nickname was something to do with the wind and he used to be abit of a coke head.) 

I kept staring at him and thinking i knew him from somewhere, so i went up to him and asked 'do i know you' he just laughed and said maybe. 

Was embarrassed when i realised on the plane how i knew his face :S  

Ahhh...Freddy Fartarse, great snooker player, but drank far too much coke for his own good...lol:beer:

• Haha 2