Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

Should we win the title, I can't imagine any other club has won 3 different league titles within such a short space of time. League 1 winners in 08/09, Championship winners 13/14, Premier League Winners 15/16? 3 different league titles in 8 years!

Ipswich did it in 5 years in the late 50's to early 60's.

1957 to 1962 I think.

Ipswich did it in 5 years in the late 50's to early 60's.

1957 to 1962 I think.

Yeah - it's on page 4 of this thread.

Has any player ever won the top three divisions?

Five of that Ipswich squad did. In fact, one of them (John Elsworthy) won two 3rd Division titles with them, then 2nd Division, then 1st.

It was 'third division south' in those days.

Interesting to imagine which division Leicester would have been in had they been relegated to the third tier back then - third division north or third division south. Some midlands teams, such as Mansfield and Walsall, were swapped from one to other because of the location of the two clubs relegated from division two.

Yeah - it's on page 4 of this thread.

Five of that Ipswich squad did. In fact, one of them (John Elsworthy) won two 3rd Division titles with them, then 2nd Division, then 1st.

It was 'third division south' in those days.

Interesting to imagine which division Leicester would have been in had they been relegated to the third tier back then - third division north or third division south. Some midlands teams, such as Mansfield and Walsall, were swapped from one to other because of the location of the two clubs relegated from division two.

Well when King wins the Champions League...

:schmike:

• Like 2

1928/29 finished 2nd

No. Where have you got that from? We finished 3rd in 1927/28 and 2nd in 1928/29.

In 1920/21, we finished 12th in division 2. You're right about 1962/63, though.

Nick the Stats Guy not getting his stats right lol lol lol

Where are you getting your stats? I counted 26.

I don't think you were born for this.

I think you mean Leicester's first XI (about £21m). Rodriguez cost £62m (80m Euros).

Leicester's entire squad includes Inler, Ulloa, Amartey and Gray, who add about another £23m. Leicester's entire squad will have cost roughly £46m in transfer fees.

Could you check these stats more thoroughly before posting?

Note to self: check stats more thoroughly before posting. Also, random Wikipedia and Twitter sources won't be the most reliable.

Dealing with all of them:

-The division changing stat I sourced from a Wikipedia article (Yo-yo club), which said 22. The 26 figure is from the 'List of Leicester City seasons', which is probably more accurate.

-The top team stat I misremembered. Sorry.

-The squad transfer was sourced from Twitter. I may have misread it.

And here's a new one: Leicester has only won one game in a European tournament. They beat Glenavon, from Northern Ireland, 7-2 over two legs to qualify for the 1961-62 Cup Winners' Cup. They lost in the next round to Atlético Madrid.

Their other appearances have been at the UEFA Cup, losing 4-1 to Atlético Madrid in 1997-98 and 4-2 to Red Star Belgrade in 2000-01.

It's worth noting that the first Cup Winners' Cup recognised by UEFA was 1962-63, so, from their perspective, we're yet to win in a UEFA competition. Makes you think, doesn't it?

Would 5000/1 be the longest odds ever for a team/player to win a title in a major sport? This past NFL season, the worst odds were for the Cleveland Browns at 200/1. A year or two ago, the Philadelphia 76ers were something like 500/1 to win the NBA title. I haven't found anything even close.

Guest seanfox778

If we avoid defeat to Arsenal, no one can do the double over is this season. When has that ever happened before?

When we won the Championship Brighton did the double over us and when we went up in 02/03 Ipswich did. Can't remember if anyone did in League 1 though.

*edit* Just checked and no one did in League 1 but would still be an amazing achievement in the top flight.

Edited by seanfox778

Some great stats in this article

We have only been in a losing position once in the last 14 games - since we learnt how to defend!

Leicester have scored 10 goals in the final 15 minutes of Premier League matches this season, which have earned them 12 points. The Foxes have also conceded nine goals in the final 15 minutes but only one of them has cost them points - Rudy Gestede's equaliser for Aston Villa in January

Full article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35553082

IF if if we win it...

I'm pretty sure that Andy King would become the only player in history to have won the top 3 English leagues with the same club...

We'd also set a record for winning all 3 in the shortest space of time - 7 years.

Both wrong. Can't remember the players who have done it, but Ipswich won the third division south in 56/57, second division in 60/61 and then the old first division in 61/62. 6 seasons.

Both wrong. Can't remember the players who have done it, but Ipswich won the third division south in 56/57, second division in 60/61 and then the old first division in 61/62. 6 seasons.

Yeah I didn't really do my research on that one... :(

I'm pretty sure that Andy King would become the only Welsh player in history to have won the top 3 English leagues with the same club...

Unlucky Claudio stats (curtesy of the Guardian):

Won more points per game than any Italian manager for Roma, but lost the title to José's Inter as he was appointed after 2 losses at that start of the season.

Achieved 80 points with Monaco, the highest point total ever in France, to not win the league.