Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

I think it means we'd never done the double over Watford before, or Norwich. The sentence makes sense. Don't know if it's true or not.

I see.

Just checked and we did the double over Watford in 2002 (Aug 10 and Dec 28)

Also did the double over Norwich in Division 1 in 1995 (Sep 30 and Dec 17)

If you take the current ppg for the season so far for each of the 3 clubs below us and multiply it by 38 you have Spurs finishing on 72 points with Arsenal and Man City both on 68.  On that form we would only have to get 4 wins and a draw from the next 9 to guarantee the title :D

I've had a quick look back to November when our defence was a little more leaky; 

First 11 games we conceded 19 goals (Average of 1.72 goals per game) since then in the last 18 games we've conceded 12 goals (Average of 0.66 goals per game) - That's a hell of a difference!

By contrast our goalscoring has took a small hit too, first 11 games we scored 23 goals (Average of 2.09 goals per game) since then in the last 18 games we've scored 29 goals (Average of 1.61 goals per game) 

*Disclaimer, I've not worked out in which game our fortunes actually changed, for example if I'd split it between the first 10 and last 19 games the averages may have been wider apart, however I lost track of the dates I was selecting, went mardy and gave up  :thumbup:

I doubt many teams have seen such a change in defensive stats in one season though. CLAUDIO  :ranieri:  :claudio:  :cap:  :revenge:

it changed after we got battered by arsenal and got rid of our clueless full backs and replaced them with good full backs. fair play ranieri gets credit for that change but some of us would've had us conceding 0.66 goals a game all season because it was blatantly obvious our original full backs were shite.

it changed after we got battered by arsenal and got rid of our clueless full backs and replaced them with good full backs. fair play ranieri gets credit for that change but some of us would've had us conceding 0.66 goals a game all season because it was blatantly obvious our original full backs were shite.

I can only hope that you're in charge next season, we'll be lifting the trophy in January  :thumbup:  :scarf:

• Like 1

I've had a quick look back to November when our defence was a little more leaky; 

First 11 games we conceded 19 goals (Average of 1.72 goals per game) since then in the last 18 games we've conceded 12 goals (Average of 0.66 goals per game) - That's a hell of a difference!

By contrast our goalscoring has took a small hit too, first 11 games we scored 23 goals (Average of 2.09 goals per game) since then in the last 18 games we've scored 29 goals (Average of 1.61 goals per game) 

*Disclaimer, I've not worked out in which game our fortunes actually changed, for example if I'd split it between the first 10 and last 19 games the averages may have been wider apart, however I lost track of the dates I was selecting, went mardy and gave up  :thumbup:

I doubt many teams have seen such a change in defensive stats in one season though. CLAUDIO  :ranieri:  :claudio:  :cap:  :revenge:

One thing I noticed on Sunday during the commentary, they were talking about how many we've conceded blah blah blah, but mossy of the stats they were talking about were related to our early season 'score one more than you' philosophy

*Disclaimer, I've not worked out in which game our fortunes actually changed, for example if I'd split it between the first 10 and last 19 games the averages may have been wider apart, however I lost track of the dates I was selecting, went mardy and gave up :thumbup:

I doubt many teams have seen such a change in defensive stats in one season though. CLAUDIO :ranieri::claudio::cap::revenge:

I'd love to see how the second set of games compares to the other sides.

Could be we have the meanest defence in the division on that measure of current form.

I'd love to see how the second set of games compares to the other sides.

Could be we have the meanest defence in the division on that measure of current form.

We are probably close but at a guess I would imagine Southampton have a better defense over this time period.

Crazy, crazy stat: if we win 8 games we're Premier League Champions! That's just weird and doable (if not extremely difficult).

And that even if our rivals win ALL their games...

(7 if Spurs draw one game!)

Edited by Phube
  • Like 1