Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

urbanspaceman wrote this on another thread: (I've copied and pasted - don't know how to quote across threads - is it possible?)

Can't remember where I saw this; may have been on this thread, but it still blows my mind:
Fun fact 1:
Leicester City have not had to play any team who were above them in the Premier League table before that match kicked off.
Fun fact 2:
For the remainder of the season, they won't have to.

Wow. You might get some people pointing out that we still have to play Man U and Chelsea, and it's not mathematically certain we'll be above them etc, but, still - it really is a mind-blower. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but our last game win over 90 mins v the Arse still remains 32 and half years ago - November 1983's 3-0 romp at Filbert after a disastrous start to that season under Milne in top flight - who else on the score sheet but : Lineker, Lynex and Gooner 'to be' Alan Smith! A massive shame about today's game not bucking the old trend

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but our last game win over 90 mins v the Arse still remains 32 and half years ago - November 1983's 3-0 romp at Filbert after a disastrous start to that season under Milne in top flight - who else on the score sheet but : Lineker, Lynex and Gooner 'to be' Alan Smith! A massive shame about today's game not bucking the old trend

we beat them in our first ever season in the premier 94/95 2_1

Interesting stat... Of the 11 players who started on Sunday for us, only 2 have played top flight football in a major European league (England, Spain, Germany, France, Italy) prior to this season.

Edited by BV92

Am I missing something. Most of our 11 played in the premier league last season.

Even if he meant before that, Albrighton, Huth, Simpson, Schmeichel had all played in the PL before joining us, Okazaki and Fuchs were in the German top flight.

Is this Nick the stats guy under a new user name?

Edited by Captain...