Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

IF we win tonight, we'll finish the season having been top of the league for 103 days AT LEAST.

The only team capable of beating that are Man City, who currently have 100.

If we do win tonight, and then EVERY result goes in Man City's favour (i.e. we lose every match, Tottenham win a couple to overtake us and then lose every match, and Man City win EVERY match) then (not accounting for rearranged fixtures from now until the end of the season) the 'days leading the table' table looks like this:

Manchester City: 122 days

Leicester City: 103 days

Arsenal: 27 days

Spurs: 22 days

Manchester Utd: 8 days

• Like 1

IF we win tonight, we'll finish the season having been top of the league for 103 days AT LEAST.

If we do win tonight, and then EVERY result goes in Man City's favour (i.e. we lose every match, Tottenham win a couple to overtake us and then lose every match, and Man City win EVERY match) then (not accounting for rearranged fixtures from now until the end of the season) the 'days leading the table' table looks like this:

Spurs: 22 days

I think it would be even more depressing if we were top for the most number of days and failed to win it.

• Like 1

Spurs: 22 days 15 mins

Don't forget the 15 mins, they celebrated hard enough to earn them.

• Like 3

I was tempted to go back through every team's results and code up a dynamically-changing table so you could pick out any moment in any match and see the table at the time (and exactly how many minutes were spent in which position), but then I realised I'm miles behind on my dissertation work and should probably give that a little bit of thought instead lol.

Might do it after the season ends if I can find the time. Would be a nice little challenge.. 

(To save anyone the trouble, the answer is yes, I am indeed aware that I need to get a life lol)

• Like 1

I was tempted to go back through every team's results and code up a dynamically-changing table so you could pick out any moment in any match and see the table at the time (and exactly how many minutes were spent in which position), but then I realised I'm miles behind on my dissertation work and should probably give that a little bit of thought instead lol.

Might do it after the season ends if I can find the time. Would be a nice little challenge..

(To save anyone the trouble, the answer is yes, I am indeed aware that I need to get a life lol)

I was teaching the Mickey mate

I think it would be even more depressing if we were top for the most number of days and failed to win it.

This happened to Arsenal the other year. Some of their fans claimed they should have won the title because they spent most days at the top lol lol 

I was over in the UK watching the Spurs v Arsenal match with a mate of mine, and the fvckin commentators kept going on about Spurs' record in never having been top in March since the early 1960s. As soon as they got in front, they seemed to think that was it - so did I, to be fair. And when Arsenal scored the equaliser, the first thing one of them said was "Spurs were top of the Premier League for 14 minutes and 43 seconds. Does that count?" Answer: Nope.

Spurs are more obsessed with their soddin' history than Florist and Newcastle. Nearly, anyway.

• Like 1

We are the only team in the Premiership with a circular logo. I know this from dumbly--perhaps for hours in total--staring at the league table, as if I'm methodically witnessing my own LSD dream sequence.

You can add Man City to that list with their new badge is due to go on their kits next season lol

Edited by Simo86