Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

Proud as fook of the lads this season and these stats don't lie to see how far we've come and great to see us above some so called bigger than us clubs !

We have shown we are no longer pushovers and we deserve to be where we are the table does not lie !!

Just wish certain pundits Bingham&Quimmy on talksport for two would start giving our team the recognition it deserves its so frustrating how certain idiots are saying our bubble will burst will it fook!!

We have been transformed by King Claudio into a quality team and I'm really looking forward for our team in proving some idiot pundits to eat their words!

Hope our great position in the table lasts a very long time we have now woken the world to know who Leicester City are and are now becoming a well known team !!

Edited by justfoxes

In our last 10 premier league games we have only conceded 6 goals.

Unfortunately the flip side of that is that we haven't scored from "open play" in 6 matches.

I think that's stretching the terms of open play by counting a goal kick and two touches after the kicks taken. :D

I get the point though.

It's interesting though because a while back people were raving about not conceding from (a similarly loose definition of) open play and now we've got the exact opposite problem.

It's interesting though because a while back people were raving about not conceding from (a similarly loose definition of) open play and now we've got the exact opposite problem.

Yes I know... but one was an attacking set piece. The other a defensive one and the ball has travelled the full length of the pitch.

It's your own personal definition. Personally I don't think many would class scoring from a goal kick (unless direct) as scoring from a set piece.

Be interesting to see what the stats people count as scoring from a set piece. Is it scoring with the first touch once the ball has been put into play. Or if you're on a corner and the ball takes a few touches, bobbles about and gets lashed in... is that still a set piece?

Yes I know... but one was an attacking set piece. The other a defensive one and the ball has travelled the full length of the pitch.

It's your own personal definition. Personally I don't think many would class scoring from a goal kick (unless direct) as scoring from a set piece.

Be interesting to see what the stats people count as scoring from a set piece. Is it scoring with the first touch once the ball has been put into play. Or if you're on a corner and the ball takes a few touches, bobbles about and gets lashed in... is that still a set piece?

I think a "scoring from a set piece" is any set piece you take regardless of position - it's about having the opportunity to execute a pre-arranged plan in an uncomplicated environment (as opposed to the organised chaos of a game in motion).

We've seen Schmeichel take enough goal kicks to know that it is a (fairly crude) "routine" to look for the ball over the top for Vardy, almost to the point that you'd have to say that our goal kicks aren't defensive set pieces at all - we see them as opportunities to attack.

I'd say scoring with the second touch after a set piece still counts as a goal from a set piece - you'd count it if there was a corner and Vardy had a shot saved by the keeper and Okazaki bundled it in.

Regardless the point I'm trying to make in a roundabout way, as I was when people were talking about "only conceding from set pieces" is that a goal's a goal. Whether you put a fairly reductive definition on the situation it came from is irrelevant really - I just find it strange that the positives of the defensive resilience (apart from set pieces) were jumped on but the negatives (apart from set pieces) of our attack hasn't been looked at in the same way. Perhaps the forum isn't quite so negative as we think...

I still can't come to terms with the three defeats in thirty-one games stat (even more if you include cup games). It's incredible.

Do we  not count Hull as a defeat then?

It is a phenomenal stat, 3 defeats in 31 league games, just astounding, yet despite that people are still getting their knickers in a twist over a couple of draws/missed pens.

Do we  not count Hull as a defeat then?

It is a phenomenal stat, 3 defeats in 31 league games, just astounding, yet despite that people are still getting their knickers in a twist over a couple of draws/missed pens.

Penno's don't count... everyone knows that.  ;) 

Do we not count Hull as a defeat then?

The Hull game goes down as a draw. We didn't lose. Edited by Danizen

Tackles won in the Premier League this season[/size]N'Golo Kante - 92[/size]Eric Pieters - 86[/size]Lucas Leiva - 85[/size]Interceptions in the Premier League this season[/size]N'Golo Kante - 92[/size]Idrissa Gana - 77[/size]Yohan Cabaye - 75[/size]

Imagine if he'd been fit enough to start the campaign! He gave everyone a head start