Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

12 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

After playing 26 Premier League games this season, 31% of Manchester City’s goals conceded have been scored by Leicester, and just under 19% by Jamie Vardy. We have also only played them once this season.

That is truly incredible and not what you'd normally associate Man City with. Our result there really is an anomaly for them but it just highlights more how good they've been

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

When was the last time we lost twice to the same team at home in the same season ??.

Probably when Man City knocked us out of the league cup? Or when Chelsea beat us in the cup a few years ago? If you're counting extra time and penalties.

Although that is technically a draw.

Edited by tom27111

17 minutes ago, String fellow said:

By finishing 5th in 2020, City achieved the distinction of having finished in all 22 top flight positions at some point in their history. These are the positions from 1 to 22, and the year in which they first got to it:- 1-2016, 2-1929, 3-1928, 4-1963, 5-2020, 6-1961, 7-1927, 8-1930, 9-1974, 10-1978, 11-1964, 12-1960, 13-1968, 14-1962, 15-1984, 16-1931, 17-1926, 18-1958, 19-1952, 20-1909, 21-1935, 22-1939.

Don't know where you got this list from, and I do remember hearing this stat at the end of last season, but we did not finish 10th in 1978, we were relegated as the bottom club.

Frank McLintock and all that...

4 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Don't know where you got this list from, and I do remember hearing this stat at the end of last season, but we did not finish 10th in 1978, we were relegated as the bottom club.

Frank McLintock and all that...

It was one of two errors because I misread my own writing, sorry. It should have read 10-1998 and 19-1932.

Edited by String fellow
  • Like 1

If City finish 5th, it'll be the second time that they've finished in that position in consecutive (I refuse to use the phrase back-to-back!) seasons. Their previous double 5th. position occurred in the old Division 2. They've already finished 9th. in consecutive seasons twice, once in the old Division 2 and once in the PL. Spread over all 3 divisions during their history, 9th. and 1st. are the positions they've ended up on the most number of times, 9 all together in both cases. Their least common final positions are 2nd, 11th, 17th. and 20th. These positions have all occurred 3 times each, spread across the top 2 tiers. For me, City's drop into the 3rd. tier and never having won the FA Cup are the biggest blots on their otherwise very decent CV.