Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

This is the first time since 1884 we've scored from a corner.

That long? Leicester Fosse joined the league in 1894. Btw, their first 2 FA Cup games as a league club saw them score 20 goals. 13-0 against Notts Olympic in R1 then 7-2 against Kimberley in R2. Happy days! 

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

It's actually a triple.

This is the first time that we have beaten the same side three times in a top flight season since 1963 when we beat LIverpool home and away and in the FA Cup.

We went on to finish 4th.

Newcastle last Season? 🧐

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Leicester have won four more points on the road than any other side so far this term (34).

Is it just me that hates this expression "on the road"? It's an American term that has always been used in US sports, but its taking over here now. Why can't we just say "away from home" like we always have??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Golden Fox said:

Is it just me that hates this expression "on the road"? It's an American term that has always been used in US sports, but its taking over here now. Why can't we just say "away from home" like we always have??? 

It’s been used over here for donkeys .........

On 28/02/2021 at 17:11, peach0000 said:

These are the true numbers that haven't been fiddled with.

EvQbM8lXUAUiWzf.jpeg

It's an interesting table, but it doesn't tell the whole picture. I would rather have one player out for a whole season, even an important one like VVD, than the succession of moderate injuries we've had. I know HB and JJ are severe injuries, but it's the constant disruption, especially to our back line that is so disruptive. Evans, Fofana, Soyuncu, JJ, Ricardo, Castagne, Amartey have all had injuries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golden Fox said:

We used to play on the road when I was a kid.  It was a different world.  Far fewer cars I  the early 70s

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, murphy said:

Are we doing expressions we hate?  Excellent.

'Different gravy'

'There's a player in there somewhere'

'You love to see it'

All of them fingernails down a blackboard to me.

As you were.

Squeaky bum time

8 minutes ago, Captain... said:

It's an interesting table, but it doesn't tell the whole picture. I would rather have one player out for a whole season, even an important one like VVD, than the succession of moderate injuries we've had. I know HB and JJ are severe injuries, but it's the constant disruption, especially to our back line that is so disruptive. Evans, Fofana, Soyuncu, JJ, Ricardo, Castagne, Amartey have all had injuries.

That was purely in response to the Liverpool fan who was saying that they had had over 200 games missed when it wasn't true. I was just trying to provide the correct stats as false ones were posted previously. I wasn't drawing any conclusions based on them.

36 minutes ago, murphy said:

'Different gravy'

'You love to see it'

As you were.

We all know that (something unproven and contentious)... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

That was purely in response to the Liverpool fan who was saying that they had had over 200 games missed when it wasn't true. I was just trying to provide the correct stats as false ones were posted previously. I wasn't drawing any conclusions based on them.

Oh yeah, thanks for sharing it, as I said it's an interesting table, but it doesn't tell the whole picture. Like when we had Matt James out for a whole season, it made it look worse than the reality where we knew it was a long term injury and had replaced him.

The biggest frustration with our injuries is during the January window we were probably at our fittest and we didn't need an urgent replacement. It's all gone to shit since then

• Like 1

3 hours ago, murphy said:

'Different gravy'

'You love to see it'

As you were.

Early doors - makes no bloody sense!! 

And any position by Number! As numbers are arbitrary and change every few decades!