Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Stoke.. Next up.. Thoughts..

You watch Huth get sent off against his old club lol .

I am always confident of a win at home against anyone. Stoke are a good team but so are we. Fancy a cracking game. End to End stuff with both keepers having great games.

Us to sneak it 2-1. Mahrez to score and get everyone off his back with Huth scoring against his former club

Anyone have any views on whether we will be 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 on saturday?

Personally I believe we have to go 4-4-2 especially at home. Vardy and Okazaki for me up front keep Ulloa as far from the pitch as we can unless needs must. I fear another 4-5-1 could really ruin us against Stoke. 

What does every one think?

Guest CityFan 06

Could be a great game of football, two sides with a lot of quality. I think we might just edge this one though, 1-0/2-1 but a close game in prospect.

I have to say I really like the look of their squad in general. Arnautovic, Shaquiri, Butland etc are all players of real talent, their just a very good premier league side. Mark Hughes has and continues to do well there.

Guest CityFan 06

A point wouldn't be too bad but at home I'd like us to get back to winning ways. I feel 3pts would boost the whole squad again, and hopefully that will help start us playing the football we are good at again.

Stoke will have one eye on the League Cup semi-final and will play a weakened side, 2-0 city Vardy and Mahrez

I have a feeling this is the case - the fight for the top 4 places is really tight and I would't be surprised if Hughes prioritises getting the League Cup final over the league at this moment, hopefully he will rest a few key players tomorrow

I think a tight game that we knick, 2-1. Vardy (due a goal) and HOOOOOOOOTH header

Schmeichel

Simpson   Huth   Morgan   Fuchs

Mahrez   Kante   Drinkwater   Albrighton

Vardy   Okazaki  

Subs: - Schwarzer, Wasilewski, Inler, King, Dyer (Amartey if available), Gray, Ulloa

Very tempting to start Gray, been massively impressed thus far. Badly need to get back to winning ways. A defeat here with Liverpool, City and Arsenal all on the bounce could really see us lose a lot of ground on our challenge for European spots. Getting back to the positive and intense play we last utilised away at Everton is key but I question if some of the players physically have it in them at the moment. Having Amartey in and ready to play would be a boost too. First goal for us is key tomorrow. Come on boys!

A point wouldn't be too bad but at home I'd like us to get back to winning ways. I feel 3pts would boost the whole squad again, and hopefully that will help start us playing the football we are good at again.

A point will feel like a loss,. if we have any ambition to do anything this season then only a win is an acceptable result.

I think it's as simple as we were good enough to attack and outscore the mid/lower teams, but had to be a bit more cautious against the better sides. My worry is that we've become so pre-occupied with keeping it tight that we've forgotten how to outscore the mid to lower, and that worries me going forward because we're going to be at home to a lot of sides who will come here and sit back for the remainder of this season.

Guest CityFan 06

A point will feel like a loss,. if we have any ambition to do anything this season then only a win is an acceptable result.

True. Especially with the upcoming games we've got, a win tomorrow is important.

Looking like Arnautovic has a hamstring tweak, and likely not to be risked with Liverpool on Tuesday......Shaquiri coming back from same injury, would be his first game back, can't see Hughes risking that, Cameron out.....can also see Bojan being rested.....we on the other hand should be rested.......

This is why the defeat on Wednesday will help us.

From Saturday our next opponents, Liverpool, have 4 games in 9 days....we have 2......, two home games......against teams with big distractions.....every chance of hitting 50 points with 14 games left.....

This post made me roar 'come on' very loud at my tablet.

So loud, my neighbour felt the need to bang on the wall. ( he's on nights )

More posts like this please full of positivity, love it.

Negative Nancy's can do one

Guest CityFan 06

We could really do with a win tomorrow considering the games we've got coming up. Important not to lose faith if not, and to continue to support the team whatever the result.

Having said that we've come through one of the those runs against top opposition sides already this season so we might do alright.

What is this "Stoke have quality all over the pitch" rubbish.

We are top of the league.

We have better results than Stoke.

We are playing at home.

WE WILL WIN!

wasn't too worried about them for the Arsenal game last week,hoping we can give ourselves a kick up the Arse and see how complacent we were against The Vile need to have our wits about us and get back to our best !

So being at home I'll go for a 2-0 win Okazaki and Vardy !!

COYB !!;)

Albrighton played on the right when he came on against Spurs... He still struggled to get any decent crosses in, unlike Chilwell on the left so I'm not convinced it's down to which wing he's on

I agree, the crosses he put in weren't brilliant, but he was playing from right back.

Archived