Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Stoke.. Next up.. Thoughts..

Big game in the sense that I think we're in real danger of getting stuck in a bad run of form, especially given our three games after this. In an ideal world, we will go out, attack them like we did in the second half in September and run out sound 2-0 winners.

These are good, but not exceptional. They're beatable for sure. Time to believe that. Don't approach this game trying to pinch a win. Go out and win with some conviction behind it like we'd been doing earlier in the season.

Sadly I have a bad feeling about this game. 1-1 draw.

Big game in the sense that I think we're in real danger of getting stuck in a bad run of form, especially given our three games after this. In an ideal world, we will go out, attack them like we did in the second half in September and run out sound 2-0 winners.

These are good, but not exceptional. They're beatable for sure. Time to believe that. Don't approach this game trying to pinch a win. Go out and win with some conviction behind it like we'd been doing earlier in the season.

Sadly I have a bad feeling about this game. 1-1 draw.

You are right Dan we need to have a go at them

Up the foxes

Guest LCFC_World

Kasper

Morgan

Huth

Wasilewski

Albrighton

Drinkwater

Kante

Fuchs

Mahrez

Vardy

Okazaki

The return of 3-5-2 maybe to shake things up?...

If not then play the same that we did at the start of the season.

Probably the same team that's started all the other games, with strict orders on all players but the main striker to remain within 40 yards of their own goal line. If one of the long balls somehow ends up with the main striker for more then 3 seconds, 3 players are permitted to enter oppositions's half.

The next 4 matches are a crucial part of the season. We've got Stoke (h), Liverpool (h), Man City (a), Arsenal (a), and then after that, the fixture list looks a lot less scary, and only one more mid-week game. If we can get to the end of the Arsenal match in a decent position, then I think we've got a good chance of finishing the season strongly.

I want to see a much better performance than we're becoming used to. I'd take a draw as long as we look more like the team that started the season so well.

If we play this tactic of a negative first half to stop them scoring again, I think I may well do myself in. 

I really don't understand it. Essentially, we're saying we're going to not try and score first half, so that we can hopefully go in at half-time nil-nil and then try and score in the second? Why not just aim to win both halves - then you win the game!

It just sounds like a terrible idea. 

At this point I would take a loss in return for getting back to attacking football 

Kind of get what you mean, I'd prefer that it didn't take a bad result to shake us out of this style of play. Sometimes it seems the only way a manager will acknowledge that something has to change is when poor results come.

I feel like Ranieri is too experienced to be making a seemingly obvious mistake though, surely there is some grand plan.

Guest CityFan 06

Hoping we can get back to winning ways, we need a boost. I like Stoke both as a team and club, decent fans too and they've got a lot of quality within their side. But, 3pts would be a great morale booster for the team. 

Stoke are 3-1 to win - that's a decent price with our current form, concerned by the lack of cohesion in our passing at the moment. Stoke are in form, physical and potent in attack. We need to be back to our best, we are so reliant though on Mahrez and Vardy. Vardy should be back to full fitness, Mahrez is a confidence player and his missed penalties have taken it out of him - hope I'm wrong.

Are we really struggling though? We've set up the exact same way against the bigger teams for the majority of the season, we played an open attacking style against Arsenal and they killed us, therefore Ranieri rightfully changed his tactics when going up against the likes of Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool & Spurs, from those games in the league we picked up 9 points, I'd take that all day long.

I can't see us approaching the Stoke game in a defensive way, I think Ranieri will revert to our usual 4-4-2 and hopefully we will be better off. Villa game was an off day but we didn't lose, Bournemouth was just one of those games, where neither side looked like scoring.

After Stoke we have Liverpool, Man City & Arsenal and no doubt we will set up in a defensive manner and sit back; it could be frustrating and it's likely we could lose all three of those games, after them we have a decent period of games, if we struggle over that period then we have a right to worry.

As for Stoke...

Schmeichel

Simpson - Huth - Morgan - Fuchs

Albrighton - Kante - Drinkwater - Gray

Okazaki - Vardy

Bench - Schwarzer, Wasyl, Chilwell, Inler, King, Mahrez, Ulloa

Archived