Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Bespoke Puma kit - Surely now is the time?

The only stuff they have in is 3xxl in long sleeve. 4 and 5 xxl in short sleeve. No training gear. Some keeper tops in long sleeve. Plenty of tacky Gildan T shirts with champions on them. Next stock is due on Tuesday! Quite frankly they should have ordered 50000 shirts. Clearly didn't and there will be loads go in ahead of Monday!

Does anyone know why our shirts have only ever been available in the club shop and that 1 shop in town? Is it because no other retailers have ever been interested, or is it a commercial decision from the club?

Seeing the numbers today of other clubs' shirt sales just made me wonder. Would our success mean other retailers might now want to stock the kit? Maybe they might have a clue and order enough!

Does anyone know why our shirts have only ever been available in the club shop and that 1 shop in town? Is it because no other retailers have ever been interested, or is it a commercial decision from the club?

Seeing the numbers today of other clubs' shirt sales just made me wonder. Would our success mean other retailers might now want to stock the kit? Maybe they might have a clue and order enough!

Good point.

Maybe our success this season will mean we'll start seeing our shirt in generic sports shops. We might have to be around the top of the PL for a few years at least to get that, though.

maybe they should make less XXXL's and more L's and XL's.

just a thought.

Id say they made 10 of each and probably 9 of them are still on sale. Not that many fatbastards around.

Daniel Lambert died long ago

hi all, ive not had chance to go back through all of this thread to check, but i was under the impression we were getting a "proper" puma shirt this time round, rather than the genesis ones that we have had for the past few seasons? 

the label inside my new shirt says genkat on one side, and has genesis and their address on the other side, which would lead me to think it is a genesis shirt instead of a proper puma one?

sorry if someone has already brought this up earlier in the thread!

hi all, ive not had chance to go back through all of this thread to check, but i was under the impression we were getting a "proper" puma shirt this time round, rather than the genesis ones that we have had for the past few seasons?

the label inside my new shirt says genkat on one side, and has genesis and their address on the other side, which would lead me to think it is a genesis shirt instead of a proper puma one?

sorry if someone has already brought this up earlier in the thread!

Unfortunately we all got excited that the Puma logo was stitched, rather than printed. There are rumours that we now negotiating with Puma.

Unfortunately we all got excited that the Puma logo was stitched, rather than printed. There are rumours that we now negotiating with Puma.

as long as the colour lasts longer with the stitched version! i got through 3 shirts this season due to the puma logo on the chest and arms fading to a green colour and then peeling away at the edges. the staff in the shop said theyd had quite a few returned, wonder if thats one of the reasons they went for a stitched design?

My badges are peeling off now after a wash, not got any teflon paper at home so will get them re pressed on Monday when I go up for the parade. I've got a guide to how to put them on if its any help to anyone 

Screen_Shot_2016_05_14_at_19_38_26.png

The solution to the crap premier league badges is quite simple. Champions league badges! Problem solved

It's certainly not a bad alternative. Just a bit annoying they've made it an eyesore because the PL champs patch is harder to earn than a CL patch.

Was pretty obvious being a Genesis design! Just a generic plain kit template. Which is a piss take on puma's behalf. They've got away with producing a standard kit which will get vast sales anyway. I think city should forget renegotiating and go to Adidas or Umbro!

Was pretty obvious being a Genesis design! Just a generic plain kit template. Which is a piss take on puma's behalf. They've got away with producing a standard kit which will get vast sales anyway. I think city should forget renegotiating and go to Adidas or Umbro!

The club doesn't just choose a kit manufacturer. The manufacturers actually have to be interested in producing a kit before financial negotiations even begin!

So just to confirm..... only a few massive shirts in the shop at the moment. No ladies sizes I assume.

When I went in Thursday it was just massive sizes, I didn't check ladies so it might be worth giving them a call and seeing if they have any!

Either way tomorrow they should be getting more stock in, hopefully enough sizes to please everyone

Archived