Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Bespoke Puma kit - Surely now is the time?

In the shop today they are saying the end of the week for new stock.

The parking down there is stupid and dangerous forcing everyone to park in the lay by which is continuously full when they have a largely empty car park across the road locked up

What's the fit like? I'm XL on normal t shirts, same for these?

Yep, got myself a medium and it fits as per any other medium t shirt I have. Thought I could squeeze myself into a small if I couldnt find a medium, but my beer belly thought otherwise :blush:

I went down on Sunday and the only shirts left were xxxxxl and anything under 18months, I had a long chat with one of the managers and I was told people had been coming in and literally buying as many as they could hold, printing names numbers badges etc then selling them online for double the price.. also apparently the Chinese population in Leicester are buying them in unbelievable amounts. They're now thinking of implying a 3 shirts only per person quota for the next batch.

Oh, and you can reserve a shirt online from June 6th for delivery or to pick up in store

I went down on Sunday and the only shirts left were xxxxxl and anything under 18months, I had a long chat with one of the managers and I was told people had been coming in and literally buying as many as they could hold, printing names numbers badges etc then selling them online for double the price.. also apparently the Chinese population in Leicester are buying them in unbelievable amounts. They're now thinking of implying a 3 shirts only per person quota for the next batch.

Oh, and you can reserve a shirt online from June 6th for delivery or to pick up in store

Crazy they didn't set a limit in the first place.

I've been told today that they've sold more than expected and that they've never needed to put in place any sort of ST priority system or limit.

These people are retail experts and despite last seasons shirt selling out months before the end of the season and us winning the Premier League they still didn't see this coming!

Can anybody be that fat? lol

Yep, got myself a medium and it fits as per any other medium t shirt I have. Thought I could squeeze myself into a small if I couldnt find a medium, but my beer belly thought otherwise :blush:

Humblebragging at it's finest.

'also apparently the Chinese population in Leicester are buying them in unbelievable amounts'

Really, I thought they were made by Puma not Hermes?

I've been told today that they've sold more than expected and that they've never needed to put in place any sort of ST priority system or limit.

These people are retail experts and despite last seasons shirt selling out months before the end of the season and us winning the Premier League they still didn't see this coming!

Exactly amazing its only now they've thought of this idea 

Why is it crazy? Why should there be any limits or a priority system, if anything it's poor business sense to put in such a thing as their whole objective like it is every season is to sell as many shirts as possible

Why hold back stock that someone is willing to buy just in case someone else wants to buy it

What they could and probably should have done is done a pre-order thing, then they'd have know what kind of demand they'd be looking at.

They probably wouldn't have been able to keep up with demand, they aren't now, but atleast then they knew what they're aiming at, it could have been organised better and they'd be able to sort batches in some kind of fashion.

I'm willing to be patient, i'm in no massive rush, i'll get one eventually, unless all of a sudden they stop making them like the last shirt but it's a little bit frustration.

The club have progressed so much but when it comes to things like this Puma's tag line of "Whatever Changes, Nothing Changes" couldn't be more apt for our club.

Why is it crazy? Why should there be any limits or a priority system, if anything it's poor business sense to put in such a thing as their whole objective like it is every season is to sell as many shirts as possible

Why hold back stock that someone is willing to buy just in case someone else wants to buy it

...because they don't have enough stock to keep up with this demand! Make sure your loyal fan base is happy first and then move on to everyone else. It's perfectly achievable and will help ease these ridiculous queues and people selling shirts on ebay.

Its all money why turn it away? Theyve got two months to make sure they have decent stock in for the start of the season. Any idea when the away kit is released and are we to expect the same level of panic buy? Suprised to see nobody knocking up potential away kit designs on here.

Well whoever said they would be available to order online from 25 May was wrong. LCFC Direct still shows no stock available

That would be the club.

Yet no message or anything to say this has now been delayed.

I too thought it was available today so I did some digging and found this article that unfortunately states the 4th June,

It was obviously revised after they somehow were shocked at the initial demand! Who'd have thought we'd have extra demand being Premier League champions than we did in the Championship??

Leicester City’s 2016/17 home kit will also be available to purchase on www.lcfcdirect.com from 4 June, 2016, with further deliveries of the kit arranged for later in May and June, to meet demand. 
Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/lcfc-fans-flock-to-buy-201617-home-kit-3098023.aspx#Xv60ygdh1DC2BjMI.99

My understanding was that they would begin taking orders online today, but it seems not to be the case.

I've resigned myself to not being able to purchase a shirt this season, barring them having some available at the Los Angeles match in July.

Archived