Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

England Euro 2016

Wilshere I could just about stomach considering hendersons injury, as long as drinkwater goes as well. But shaw? Excellent player but hasn't played a game since breaking his leg?

I don't like Rose but he deserves to be in the squad, and probably start too.

hes fooking dreadful. 

some of the stuff roy said about shaw in the last international break it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if he took him still injured. 

however on form it should surely be ryan bertrand who misses out not rose. but still, it'll annoy more spurs fans so everyone's a winner. 

Imagine if he'd just pick Aaron Cresswell.

Actually think we're as strong as we have been in a good few years for striking options, especially given how each can offer something different. Even Carroll who I'd fancy taking as part of a four (along with Vardy, Kane and Sturridge) has looked sharp recently and gives us another dimension.

Can't wait for us to shoehorn Vards out wide and stick Kane up on his own though to accommodate Rooney.

hart

clyne/smalling/cahill/cresswell

dier

barkley/drinkwater

alli

vardy/kane

WINS THE EUROS imho 

when it goes to shit, turn the front six into this. pace, crossing and big andy. 

drinkwater 

albrighton/alli/sterling

vardy/carroll 

WHAT A DREAM TEAM 

hart

dier

barkley/drinkwater

alli

vardy/kane

WINS THE EUROS imho 

when it goes to shit, turn the front six into this. pace, crossing and big andy. 

drinkwater 

albrighton/alli/sterling

vardy/carroll 

WHAT A DREAM TEAM 

4 cm's in a diamond makes me want to eat my own clegnuts but when the likely wide options are Lallana, Walcott, Milner and Townsend it softens the blow somewhat

4 cm's in a diamond makes me want to eat my own clegnuts but when the likely wide options are Lallana, Walcott, Milner and Townsend it softens the blow somewhat

i couldn't narrow it down to 2 cms and couldn't even be arsed to think of 2 good wide options so it makes sense. 

barkley and drinkwater as a two box to box hustle and bustle is their game. alli as a more attacking option, that's his game. dier sitting and shielding. that's his game. that's all we have to do, play our good players the way they are good at playing. we've nearly always had good enough players we just play them in a ridiculous formation or in roles they've never been put in before and therefore we look shit. 

also you'd hope with a formation like that it'd be kane bang up top and the lack of a "wide" man wouldn't matter much as vardy gets down the channels for fun all game anyway. for the first time in what seems like ages there are a 7 or 8 places in this first eleven, let alone squad, that are massively up for grabs. 

you could nearly always go front back to front and name most the starting line up. hart terry glen johnson gerrard henderson welbeck rooney etc. probably looking at hart, smalling, kane and nathaniel clyne (?) as the only nailed on starters. gonna be good fun. 

i couldn't narrow it down to 2 cms and couldn't even be arsed to think of 2 good wide options so it makes sense. 

barkley and drinkwater as a two box to box hustle and bustle is their game. alli as a more attacking option, that's his game. dier sitting and shielding. that's his game. that's all we have to do, play our good players the way they are good at playing. we've nearly always had good enough players we just play them in a ridiculous formation or in roles they've never been put in before and therefore we look shit. 

also you'd hope with a formation like that it'd be kane bang up top and the lack of a "wide" man wouldn't matter much as vardy gets down the channels for fun all game anyway. for the first time in what seems like ages there are a 7 or 8 places in this first eleven, let alone squad, that are massively up for grabs. 

you could nearly always go front back to front and name most the starting line up. hart terry glen johnson gerrard henderson welbeck rooney etc. probably looking at hart, smalling, kane and nathaniel clyne (?) as the only nailed on starters. gonna be good fun. 

That's the thing for me and all, i'd say that diamond is probably the best looking team on paper. And you'd hope Roy is gonna want the outstanding English players of this season (pretty much those cm's and forwards) playing in their best positions and roles. I reckon the nailed-on inclusion of Rooney will pretty much make it all fall apart though. He could probably play in any position from Dier to Vardy in that line-up, but he'd be a downgrade every time. 

hart

dier

barkley/drinkwater

alli

vardy/kane

WINS THE EUROS imho 

drinkwater 

albrighton/alli/sterling

vardy/carroll 

WHAT A DREAM TEAM 

same Barkley who has been pulling a Madeline McCann since December?

same Barkley who has been pulling a Madeline McCann since December?

when the other options are jack wilshere who's been injured since i was born and jordan henderson who's also not only injured but not actually as good as barkley, then yeah 

when the other options are jack wilshere who's been injured since i was born and jordan henderson who's also not only injured but not actually as good as barkley, then yeah 

But its already been well documented he will go and if he goes he will start. I don't understand the debate about Rooney either. Whats the point of debating it when everyone knows he will go and start?

Hart, Smalling, Cahill, Dier, Wilshere, Alli, Rooney, Kane are all pretty nailed on, whether you like it or not, first game.

The other three will probably be Clyne, Bertrand and Sterling/Lallana.

Barkley has been tucked up by Alli's form in fairness.

But its already been well documented he will go and if he goes he will start. I don't understand the debate about Rooney either. Whats the point of debating it when everyone knows he will go and start?

Hart, Smalling, Cahill, Dier, Wilshere, Alli, Rooney, Kane are all pretty nailed on, whether you like it or not, first game.

The other three will probably be Clyne, Bertrand and Sterling/Lallana.

Barkley has been tucked up by Alli's form in fairness.

i wasn't saying who i thought would start, just an option that'd be better than what will probably start. 

alli vs barkley actually come out with very similar numbers, but one plays for the best footballing team since brazil 1970 and the other plays for the worst everton team of all time. 

i wasn't saying who i thought would start, just an option that'd be better than what will probably start. 

alli vs barkley actually come out with very similar numbers, but one plays for the best footballing team since brazil 1970 and the other plays for the worst everton team of all time. 

I dont know which made me laugh more then pal!

I think with the delay in the announcement til Monday, it pretty much confirms he is checking on Wilshires fitness. It's upsetting with the quality a lot of English midfielders have had this year, that Roy still relies on this crock. He should not be in the squad ahead of Dier/Alli/Drinks even Barkley to a lesser extent. Roy is so uninspiring, we won't win the cup under him for sure.

I think with the delay in the announcement til Monday, it pretty much confirms he is checking on Wilshires fitness. It's upsetting with the quality a lot of English midfielders have had this year, that Roy still relies on this crock. He should not be in the squad ahead of Dier/Alli/Drinks even Barkley to a lesser extent. Roy is so uninspiring, we won't win the cup under him for sure.

I thought he was waiting for Rooney to find some form..

I can't believe he planned to make an announcement a few days before the last fixtures anyway. Surely you just wait until the league is over. He's such a thick twat, Roy Hodgson.

Welbeck injury is good news, but Henderson being back in the frame and it looking like Wilshere will go is a bit of a disaster. There's two starting 11 central midfield positions gone with Rooney also looking guaranteed to start. Three places completely wasted already.  Leaves the players who have actually shown some form this year fighting for scraps. God I hope so much that Hodgson gets sacked before the squad deadline.

The wingers we have are currently either injured, crap or out of form. The team needs to play to its strengths which is attacking at pace.

The strengths of the squad are in certain positions:

Full back: Clyne, Bertrand, Rose, Walker, Baines

Central Midfield: Dier, Drinky, Henderson, Milner, Barkley, Alli

Striker: Kane, Vardy, Sturridge, Rooney

It is crying out for a 4-4-2 diamond with the fullbacks bombing forward like the Spurs team do.

Hart

Clyne Cahill Smalling Rose

Dier

Barkley/Drinkwater

Alli

Kane Vardy

But I don't hold much hope of seeing something like this I'm afraid.

If Drinkwater doesn't make the squad then you've got to ask what he's actually got to do. Near enough an ever present in the comfortable league winners.

Albrighton and Simpson have cases too. Simpson defensively has been excellent this season.

Archived