Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

England Euro 2016

Just watching MOTD, surely Ben Foster has to go to the Euros as our number 2.

He is the best keeper I have seen at the KP this season.

No thanks.

He's shown over the years that putting him a situation where he might feel the world is watching he falls to pieces. He's had some terrible games for Man Utd and England, but playing for Watford and WBA he's done well. Simply just not a big game player.

Who do you prefer:

Coutinho or De Bruyne

Payet or Mahrez

Aguero or Suarez

Morgan or Smalling

Albrighton or Milner

I may have put this in the wrong thread so please feel free to move it.

Coutinho

Mahrez

Suarez

Morgan

Albrighton

if i was england manager (which i should be) the team i'd be winning the euros with (and winning every game to boot) would be 

dont care 

clyne  -  smalling  -  cahill  -  bertrand 

henderson

alli  -  drinkwater

sterling 

vardy  -  kane

bench - someone in goal, stones, baines, walker, milner, theo, andy carroll 

wow that defence was hard to pick. we have one half good defender in our whole country god we're f ucked. probs swap carroll for kane when we remember kane is shit.

You forgot Morgan.

• 2 weeks later...

if roy wants to win the euros he's going to have to adapt and not be so pragmatic,he needs pace in all areas(pace frightens people)and not just worry about stopping the opposition.let's give it a go and not go out without a fight.

We could EASILY win this, but with Hodgson he'd need to go with the flow and be positive. Defensively we are absolute muck so we either drill the full backs to not bomb forward and instead play a little like Leicester or we have to make sure Dier and one other sits back and hope we don't get exposed which we were shown to easily vs Germany and Holland. Going forward though we could annihilate anyone in Europe including France, but it requires a motivator and a manager with the utmost faith in attacking football.

It's silly, but I get the feeling England could win this - assuming Hodgson has been jolted into realising he could get one hell of a side by using the combined strengths of the Leicester and Tottenham squads and playing philosophy.

The key to this however is Rooney and whether he's willing to sacrifice himself. The only way I can see Hodgson not picking him in a starting 11 if he's fit is if Rooney confides in him and says - "look, I'm not good enough to start".

He's possibly done some partial admission in this direction in his own mind already given his withdrawn role for United of late, so I'm hoping he might make an honest decision. I'm not suggesting he shouldn't go - with a squad lacking experience he's a key asset just for that, but in terms of effectiveness and getting the best out of himself in possibly his last tournament , hopefully he realises he'd more likely to be a national hero from the bench, not as a starter.

We could blow teams away with pace with Kane, Vardy and Alli but still stay solid with Drinkwater and Dier anchoring the midfield, even with attacking full backs. Roy will play safe, though, and will never play to the strengths of the players we have.

According to bentleys there is some sort of leaked FA document floating around that has Vardy and Drinkwater on the plane and Albrighton as a back up....

Yeah I've seen that, I'm massively concerned about the lack of wide players that Roy will take, that's why Welbeck is so important for England as he gives us that option. Ox being injured and Walcott having a very poor season leaves Raheem Sterling who is an abomination in the last 18 months. Milner out wide? Disgusting, Lallana I suppose can play anywhere and with us using attacking full backs then it's not quite as essential but I'd love Albrighton in there, he fits the type of player as well who could play in this England system.

Danny Rose should be in the 23 over Shaw, how can we pick 3-4 players who have barely played all season, we've done this in the past in it never works.

According to bentleys there is some sort of leaked FA document floating around that has Vardy and Drinkwater on the plane and Albrighton as a back up....

It also includes Wilshere and Shaw with Rose as standby. Wouldn't surprise me if it is the real deal but Welbeck isn't on their at all. I know he is injured but surely you would have him on the stand by list at a minimum until he is officially ruled out.

Wilshere I could just about stomach considering hendersons injury, as long as drinkwater goes as well. But shaw? Excellent player but hasn't played a game since breaking his leg?

I don't like Rose but he deserves to be in the squad, and probably start too.

Archived