Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

England Euro 2016

Alli was brilliant, misses a sitter.

Dier was absolute rubbish, but gets the winner with a great header.

Kane and Vardy sublime goals, rest played ok, except Henderson and Butland (and Dier) who I thought had poor games.

Looked very promising going forward, should we get our hopes up!!

Hopefully England do play them and get schooled.

Mind you, you don't need the quality of those 3 to play England for them to be schooled, think Scotland could school England and Woy.

Infact and i'm gonna make a huge statement here, have England got Scotland to play in an upcoming friendly? Regardless of whether they have or not I genuinely think i'd want Scotland to win and everyone know's my opinion on the Jocks.

Roy Hodgson has said that both Eric Dier and Danny Drinkwater are in Jack’s ‘shadow’ as he waits patiently for the midfielder to get fit for the Euros.

Jack hasn’t kicked a ball all season after breaking his leg in training at the start of the campaign and having a metal plate inserted.

It had been hoped that he would be back playing by now but the plate is causing ‘manageable discomfort’ with further surgery not being totally ruled out.

Despite all that, Roy Hodgson has assured Wilshere that if he’s fit, he goes to France.

Speaking after England’s 3-2 win over Germany on Saturday, Hodgson made his thoughts on Jack clear.

“He [Dier] did it against France, that’s for sure, and does it for Tottenham,” Hodsgon told reporters.

517652322-eric-dier-of-england-celebrateBERLIN, GERMANY – MARCH 26: Eric Dier (3rd L) of England celebrates scoring his team’s third goal with his team mates during the International Friendly match between Germany and England at Olympiastadion on March 26, 2016 in Berlin, Germany. (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

“I’ve been very impressed so have called him up with [Danny] Drinkwater, who does a similar job for Leicester City.

“They’re still in the shadow of Jack Wilshere, who did so well for us before his injury.

“If all three were available for the Euros, that’d be a nice headache because there might not be space for all three.”

There are also rumours around that Arsenal will give Jack a new contract soon despite his ongoing problems.

Wilshere first broke through into the Arsenal first team in 2008/09 and since that time has made just 117 Premier League appearances, scoring seven and creating 15 while picking up 23 yellows and one red.

Sir Geoff Hurst believes Jamie Vardy could be the star of the tournament for England at Euro 2016 – and says the nation expects a semi-final.

Roy Hodgson’s men pulled off an impressive comeback from two goals down to beat world champions Germany 3-2 in a friendly in Berlin on Saturday.

Optimism is growing around the likes of Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Harry Kane and Vardy, and Hurst feels England should now be targeting the last four this summer.

“I think you’ve got to get close to the semi-final,” Hurst told the BBC’s Sportsweek.

“A good performance in the quarter-final and possibly a semi-final at least, I think we’re absolutely looking at that in a Euro competition.

“Anything less than that would be extremely disappointing for the squad, the players and the fans, and people like myself who are huge fans of England.”

Vardy staked his claim for a starting spot against Russia in the first group match on June 11 as he came off the bench to make it 2-2 with a superb flicked finish.

Hurst, who famously scored a hat-trick in the World Cup final win over West Germany in 1966, is backing the Leicester City striker to make an impact.

“If I had to pick someone to be a star of the tournament I’d pick Vardy,” Hurst said.

“He’s a bit like the Geoff Hurst, come from nowhere, looking at his background and performing like he’s performing.

“He’s a very level-headed guy and I like the way he plays. I think he’s very sensible, very intelligent and playing for a smaller club that would be fantastic. He deserves every chance he gets.”

Hopefully England do play them and get schooled.

Mind you, you don't need the quality of those 3 to play England for them to be schooled, think Scotland could school England and Woy.

Infact and i'm gonna make a huge statement here, have England got Scotland to play in an upcoming friendly? Regardless of whether they have or not I genuinely think i'd want Scotland to win and everyone know's my opinion on the Jocks.

Gotta be a joke? Not very funny one like, but a joke?

Yeah ok, I ran away with myself (Again). Apologies.

But it shows how pissed off I am with that twat England have in charge - Not sure why i'm so bothered because I keep claiming i'm not that bothered about international football, which i'm not, i'm massively on the side of Club > Country, Internationals simply just get in the way, but I don't think i've ever been so against a England manager before thanks to selection and tactics, he's an absolute tool.

To some extent i'll give old Woy some credit, he got it right last night, but lets see him do that regular, let's see him do that when it counts, he won't. The only reason Rooney didn't play last night is because he is injured, if it wasn't for that he'd have to be shoehorned in, same goes for Tom Daley Raheem Sterling, Joe Hart...

And the fact I don't think we're that good, not as bad as I have made out agreed.

Archived