Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

England Euro 2016

You sound like those bitter Spurs fans who claim every time we win a game it proves how bad we are.

And you sound like the deluded Stoke fans that reckon all of your players are as good on paper as Leicester's.

I get supporting your team, I get not letting moaning bastards like Matt get you down but any England fan claiming everything is hunky dory purely because you got through a piss easy qualifying group is ridiculous.

If you go on and have a great tournament then absolutely fair play to you. But don't start giving it the big ones about how great you are before you've done anything of note.

Especially when you've got a manager that refuses to play your best in form players and has publicly stated that his preferred picks are players that have literally played no football all year or are miles off form.

What sort of idiot WOULDN'T play Drinkwater, Alli, Vardy and Kane right now? Seriously?

And you sound like the deluded Stoke fans that reckon all of your players are as good on paper as Leicester's.

I get supporting your team, I get not letting moaning bastards like Matt get you down but any England fan claiming everything is hunky dory purely because you got through a piss easy qualifying group is ridiculous.

If you go on and have a great tournament then absolutely fair play to you. But don't start giving it the big ones about how great you are before you've done anything of note.

Especially when you've got a manager that refuses to play your best in form players and has publicly stated that his preferred picks are players that have literally played no football all year or are miles off form.

What sort of idiot WOULDN'T play Drinkwater, Alli, Vardy and Kane right now? Seriously?

That's not what I said. The criticism was against the manager, I just pointed out he couldn't have done much better than he did.

That's not what I said. The criticism was against the manager, I just pointed out he couldn't have done much better than he did.

Depends on how you judge his performance.

You're considering him a success because he got out of his qualifying group and one a friendly. Most intelligent football fans are going to look in to more detail than that. His tactical choices and team selections over the last two or three years have been dismal.

Depends on how you judge his performance.

You're considering him a success because he got out of his qualifying group and one a friendly. Most intelligent football fans are going to look in to more detail than that. His tactical choices and team selections over the last two or three years have been dismal.

Dismal but successful. Lots of Spurs fans think we have no right to be above them because they're better than us, me I couldn't give a shit.

I think it's a shame modern international football etiquette is that Roy will be forced to rest most of the Spurs contingent (who deservedly are getting the plaudits and MUST be the axis upon what our team is built) and put out a much changed team tomorrow when all that needed to Saturday's team were a few tweaks and give the key players another full 90 tomorrow.

If it was up to me I'd bring in Walker for Clyne, Stones for Cahill, Drinkwater for Henderson and Vardy for Welbeck.

Build the team on successful club partnerships that are in-form.

Unfortunately tomorrow will be like starting again. Sturridge won't pass to anyone, neither will Barkley, Vardy will be shoved out wide, Walcott will run into blind alleys for 90 minutes and the nation will be screaming for Rooney again as Roy so wishes. It's the Hodgson way.

For those who say Albrighton isn't good enough for England. WhoScored has him rated as the best English wide midfielder this season, and that's from playing mostly on the left.

Obviously, playing 4-2-3-1, he doesn't exactly fit into the system, but should still have gotten a call up for Roy to consider his options.

Dismal but successful. Lots of Spurs fans think we have no right to be above them because they're better than us, me I couldn't give a shit.

Yeah but we're top of the Premier League by five points with a few games to go, having beaten Spurs at Spurs and Man City in Manchester.

What are England top of?

It's a pretty dreadful analogy. Especially given most critics (including England fans, a lot of them) are bemoaning the fact you DO have good players at your disposal, you're just not using them.

Yeah but we're top of the Premier League by five points with a few games to go, having beaten Spurs at Spurs and Man City in Manchester.

What are England top of?

It's a pretty dreadful analogy. Especially given most critics (including England fans, a lot of them) are bemoaning the fact you DO have good players at your disposal, you're just not using them.

Top of their qualifying group? The only team with a 100% record?

More of that second half showing tonight.

Drinkwater win the ball back, attack quickly, put them on the back foot and lay it in to Vardy and Kane (if he's playing?).

Go for it right from the off and again show the rest of Europe what we can do.

Top of their qualifying group? The only team with a 100% record?

Just for the record, you are being deliberately dense in order to fish for replies, right? These aren't your ACTUAL views?

I mean, you don't ACTUALLY equate Leicester beating Man City at Man City to England beating Switzerland?

Just for the record, you are being deliberately dense in order to fish for replies, right? These aren't your ACTUAL views?

I mean, you don't ACTUALLY equate Leicester beating Man City at Man City to England beating Switzerland?

There were plenty of people predicting we'd get thrashed, as it turned out we won both games with ease. Apart from shagging the opposition's managers wife, what else could could he have done? 

The ITV having Rooney as a pundit is a bit weird. If England put in a massive performance without him, will the rest of the pundits tiptoe around the obvious or will they just come right out and say England are better without him.

The ITV having Rooney as a pundit is a bit weird. If England put in a massive performance without him, will the rest of the pundits tiptoe around the obvious or will they just come right out and say England are better without him.

Exactly, ruins the whole build up really, miles better with Mattheus the other night amd there are shitloads of Dutch ex pros they could have got in. Dunno what they wanted, just a big name? Some insight into the current set up?

For those who say Albrighton isn't good enough for England. WhoScored has him rated as the best English wide midfielder this season, and that's from playing mostly on the left.

Obviously, playing 4-2-3-1, he doesn't exactly fit into the system, but should still have gotten a call up for Roy to consider his options.

I think Albrighton for England argument is bit ridiculous- I am a massive fan of Marc himself but I do not think he will fit in England's team well as at the moment we have lot of pace on wings- Sterling, Walcott, Townsend, Vardy (Urrrggh), Welbeck as well upfront (Sturridge and Vardy) as well elsewhere (Alli, Clyne, Rose etc) so we should utilise the pace and I think having Albrighton may disrupt the team's equilibrium? 

Archived