Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

England Euro 2016

Yeah ok, I ran away with myself (Again). Apologies.

But it shows how pissed off I am with that twat England have in charge - Not sure why i'm so bothered because I keep claiming i'm not that bothered about international football, which i'm not, i'm massively on the side of Club > Country, Internationals simply just get in the way, but I don't think i've ever been so against a England manager before thanks to selection and tactics, he's an absolute tool.

To some extent i'll give old Woy some credit, he got it right last night, but lets see him do that regular, let's see him do that when it counts, he won't. The only reason Rooney didn't play last night is because he is injured, if it wasn't for that he'd have to be shoehorned in, same goes for Tom Daley Raheem Sterling, Joe Hart...

And the fact I don't think we're that good, not as bad as I have made out agreed.

!00% qualifying record and just beat the world champions? What exactly does he have to do to soften your opinion a bit?

!00% qualifying record and just beat the world champions? What exactly does he have to do to soften your opinion a bit?

You've got to be kidding?

You had a ridiculously easy qualifying group and Germany played their reserves. Come back when you actually beat them in a competitive match.

Didn't you beat Spain in a friendly before the last world cup, which you qualified for easily, and you were probably telling the "haters" then that you couldn't see a problem and what more did they want blah blah blah.

You must be genuinely shocked every two years when you do **** all in major tournaments if you genuinely believe the hype in between.

Be fair, you had to get past the heavyweights of San Marino and Lithuania, qualifying well wasn't hard. The problem you've got is that woy seems unwilling to learn from Brazil, until Saturday nothing had changed in terms of approach, and even then it's dubious as to how much of that was simply because he had to rather than confronting England's deficiencies. Eventually you'll have to face up to the problems england have rather than hiding behind the good in qualifying stuff, because that means feck all if you keep going to major finals ill equipped to challenge.

If we're as shit as some of the negative/constant moaners would have you believe then beating the likes of Lithuania and Slovenia isn't actually a bad feat. Not that they'd ever acknowledge that.

People exaggerate how bad England are, we're in the bracket of average football nations - we're not shit.

People exaggerate how bad England are, we're in the bracket of average football nations - we're not shit.

I'm not an England fan, for obvious reasons, but I'd say England has a fantastic team with quality players. I still believe they could win...the only fly in the ointment is the manager.

You've got to be kidding?

You had a ridiculously easy qualifying group and Germany played their reserves. Come back when you actually beat them in a competitive match.

Didn't you beat Spain in a friendly before the last world cup, which you qualified for easily, and you were probably telling the "haters" then that you couldn't see a problem and what more did they want blah blah blah.

You must be genuinely shocked every two years when you do **** all in major tournaments if you genuinely believe the hype in between.

Be fair, you had to get past the heavyweights of San Marino and Lithuania, qualifying well wasn't hard. The problem you've got is that woy seems unwilling to learn from Brazil, until Saturday nothing had changed in terms of approach, and even then it's dubious as to how much of that was simply because he had to rather than confronting England's deficiencies. Eventually you'll have to face up to the problems england have rather than hiding behind the good in qualifying stuff, because that means feck all if you keep going to major finals ill equipped to challenge.

You sound like those bitter Spurs fans who claim every time we win a game it proves how bad we are.

You sound like those bitter Spurs fans who claim every time we win a game it proves how bad we are.

Don't be ridiculous - Winning in qualifying doesn't mean you're a bad side, no one has suggested that, but good qualifying can't gloss over consistently poor tournament performances, and no changes to better equip you for the next tournament.

I even feel sympathy for Woy, simply because anyone appointed to that benighted role is probably put under immense pressure for selection etc, and I would imagine Leicester winning the league (thus far) has caused the FA (and the Premier League) vast issues.

I even feel sympathy for Woy, simply because anyone appointed to that benighted role is probably put under immense pressure for selection etc, and I would imagine Leicester winning the league (thus far) has caused the FA (and the Premier League) vast issues.

Sympathetic towards a guy that won't drop Rooney? Nah, he's an idiot.

Your usual excellent posts have suffered a downturn with this one mate.

I feel NO sympathy for Hodgson. We did very well in a very easy qualification group. Now its time to drop the likes of Rooney and to show what this talented bunch of players can do.

No excuses.

Archived