Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Bizarre that Oxlade Chamberlain had absolutely no sign of injury problems during his time at Southampton (according to my Saints supporting mate) but as soon as he joins Arsenal he becomes 'injury prone' hmmmm

Not the first one. Gabriel was injury free a lot before he moved to Arsenal where he's already had at least 4 injuries. Ramsey was even sent on the pitch as a sub without stretching, and got injured not long after. Their medical team is awful. We could probably save them all. 

He arrived in England with a decent reputation.

However, I think Newcastle would want to recoup as much of the money they paid for him as possible. Steel and aggressipn is all well and good but we've got Vardy for that who uses it productively to win free kicks and penalties instead of getting himself sent off.

Mitrovic appears to be too much of an expensive gamble for me, considering his debut season in England.

:nigel:

There was a fantastic comment by Barney Ronay on Kirchhoff in his Guardian match report of the game:

"Jan Kirchhoff, a vast ambling pylon, hauled down Steven Naismith a few times and with the ball at his feet gave a fairly decent impression of a baby diplodocus trying to stumble its way out of a swamp."

This is one of the most brilliant things I have ever read. 

Bolasie and Wickham lol

It's not like we're in touching distance of winning the title or anything.

Yeah cos Messi and Ronaldo are more realistic targets. FFS.

Gonna get slated for this.

But Connor Wickham could do a job for us

Rightly so.

I'd take Bolasie to be fair, providing he upped his work rate a touch.

Although I suppose work rate does rub off onto other players and he's no worse than Mahrez.

Imagine if we signed Dembele & Ziyech as well as keeping Vards & Mahrez... We would have Vards up top by himself with Dembele on the left, Ziyech down the middle & Mahrez out on the right. Wow!

I just jizzed my pants but it's ok.

No-one would track back.

Kante & Drinky would blunt opposition attacks and we would go forward and score AGAIN, & AGAIN, & AGAIN............

lol lol lol

In all fairness Dembele puts in a good defensive shift all the time from what I see on the European football show. Mahrez is a lot better at tracking back now too. If we're at home we shouldn't be worried about tracking back as we will be taking the game to them.

You can get better value than Wijnaldum. This is a bloke who a lot of the fans of a club in 19th want dropping. Buying from Premier League clubs is going to turn into an even bigger trap than it already is.

Flair - one paper linked us with Keisuke Honda for £7mil, just to brighten your day a tad.

Archived